Adventist Online

The Health Message is apart of the 3 Angels Messages. It is the "right arm" of the 3 Angels Message, which is the Everlasting Gospel. The Health Message is particularly connected to the 1st Angels Message, which tells us to "GIVE GLORY TO GOD". We give glory to God by reflecting His character and following His ways.

*Revelation 14:6,7---"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

...We give "GLORY TO GOD" by reflecting His character and following His ways. We also give "GLORY TO GOD" in how we look, dress, eat, and drink. 1 Corinthians 10:31 makes this more clear.

*1 Corinthians 10:31---"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

...This is how the Health Message is connected to the 3 Angels Message, through the announcement of the 1st Angel, which is to GIVE GOD GLORY. We give God glory in ALL that we do, including "eating & drinking". This is why God gave His last day church the HEALTH MESSAGE. We are told that meat eating should be done away with and that we (SDA's) should NOT eat cheese or other dairy products. Most of us agree on meat-eating. But many of us have not seen the light on eating dairy products (cheese, eggs, milk, butter, cream).

The SOP says,

"

• Pure Vegetarianism/Veganism

1868 "Cheese should never be introduced into the stomach." 2T 68

1883 "All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains." HL 96

1889 "Years ago I had a testimony of reproof for the managers in our campmeetings bringing upon the ground and selling to our people cheese and other hurtful things." CD 329

1890 "The effect of cheese is deleterious." CH 114

1896 "The simple grains, fruits of the trees, and vegetables have all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood." HL 98

1898 "In a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of God's commandment-keeping people in a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." CD 411

1899 "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded." CD 384

1901 "The time may come when it will not be safe to use milk.... The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs.... The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used.... But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.... We see that cattle are becoming greatly diseased, the earth itself is corrupted, and we know that the time will come when it will not be best to use milk and eggs." CD 357-9

1902 "Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

1903 "Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs." CD 380

1905 "Cheese is... objectionable; it is wholly unfit for food." MH 302

1905 "Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator.... The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain ALL the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood.... The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe... The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable." MH 296, 316, 320-1

1906 "In grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are to be found ALL the food elements that we need." CDF 92, 310, 313

1909 "The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs..." 9T162

"Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth. God will give His people ability and tact to prepare wholesome food without these things. Let our people discard all unwholesome recipes. Let them learn how to live healthfully, teaching to others what they have learned. Let them impart this knowledge as they would Bible instruction. Let them teach the people to preserve the health and increase the strength by avoiding the large amount of cooking that has filled the world with chronic invalids. By precept and example make it plain that the food which God gave Adam in his sinless state is the best for man's use as he seeks to regain that sinless state{CD 460.5}"

...The last few words in the Counsels of Diet and Foods appendix, are those of James White regarding the counsels on health given to his wife: "...all changes in diet should be made carefully, one at a time. And while she [his wife, Ellen White] would say this to those who are in danger of making changes too rapidly, she would also say to the tardy, Be sure and not forget to change."

*Scripture says that you are to “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).

It is my hope and prayer that you will do just that.

QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!

Views: 7925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is interesting to note that what God's Word said about milk products and chicken products are coming true:

http://www.naturalnews.com/032048_radiation_milk.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/032659_arsenic_chicken.html

However, what many Adventists are not realizing is the danger of GMO soy... the companies that I have used such as Loma Linda, Worthington, and Morningstar Farms all contain GMO soy and they are not doing anything about it.  So I have also quit soy products (at least from those companies)

About the spiritual part. Yes I agree that our diet affects our brain (I listen to Dr. Neil Nedley sermons... excellent!) and there is a reason why God's Word says we must keep a simple diet.  However....

Why is it that most people I've met who are vegan and are strongly promoting a diet change (remember I said most not all) have not allowed God to give them a true change of heart.  I say this not trying to be judgemental but just from my own personal experience.  For example, a few years back we met some people from a family pentecostal church... approximately about 15 in number, who were all taking Bible Studies and welcomed us into their little home church and began coming to ours.  We have potluck every Sabbath and they decided to bring chicken salad sandwiches one Sabbath to contribute to potluck... (they had not been given the health message yet).  That very Sabbath we also had a gentleman who was sharing the vegan message and giving lessons on how to cook, etc.... when he saw the sandwiches, instead of quietly inquiring about them, he made a big stink.  Because this gentleman did not allow the Spirit of the Lord in his heart, diet and all, those people's feelings were hurt.  They stopped coming to our church (there were other personal reasons as well but that was the last Sabbath they came to our church).  I understand there are a few of them attending another church that is closer to where they live, however, what happened did impact them. 

Also, in my experience, those who strongly preach a vegan message have a tendency to think of themselves better than others.  My example:  A gentleman and his wife and little girl visited our church and he gave the sermon.  When it came time for potluck, they would not stay to fellowship with us.  When I went to ask, they stated that their diet would not permit them.  They did not even give us a chance.  Tell me, is this showing a character from God? 

So in conclusion:

Yes, our diets are important for a change of character however, it will NOT be of any help unless we have a true living connection with the Holy Spirit and allow Him to live through us. 

Blessings,

Michelle

Hi Vincent, GMO stands for "genetically modified organism"

Blessings,

Michelle
You're welcome... Theres a lot of info online...its pretty scary what they do to food these days!

Blessings,

Michelle

@Michelle

Thank you for these wise words. 

DMJ said,

"QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!"

Well, that's an end to that discussion, then.

Just room for me to add a quick point...

When I was introduced to SDAism the thing that impressed me the most was that vegetarianism was advocated. I was practicing Buddhism at the time and had been vegetarian for more than 10 years. Due to that simple fact: that "these people" actually value their bodies and treat them as a temple - I was drawn to hear more from these strange Christians who didn't even know what day they were supposed to worship on. 

and a quick anecdote...

Sitting in the north-east of Thailand I was directed to a news item on TV. Mad Cow Disease had just entered the country and had been traced to imported British beef. It was suggested that this disease in cows was the reason why I was vegetarian. I replied that it wasn't the reason why I am vegetarian but because I am vegetarian I do not worry about Mad Cow Disease. I was then able to talk about the health message and God's plan for us. Later that night a friend came and sat with me as I was sitting in the yard. She had heard my conversation and came with a simple request... tell me more about Jesus. People who had steadfastly resisted my attempts to engage them on Godly matters were interested when they heard that God has a plan for healthy human beings.

Truly, the health message is an entering wedge.

Amen:) Praise the Lord!
thats right!
Beautifully said.

DMJ,

I am concerned with your string of legalistic posts on various topics. As JohnB pointed out, these are not even discussions. You just go on a diatribe on your pet subject and tell people what they should do. I don't disagree with your quotes, just the way you apply them. There is truth in every quote you have posted. Yet, you have made doctrine out of many things that are not points of salvation nor intended to be doctrine. You also haven't posted much on the Gospel. You know, the good news that our Saviour DID IT ALL for us.

The road to sanctification is a path. We ALL have as our goal to be Christ-like. You pulling one sided quotes from EGW and hammering sinners with them does not endear you to anyone. It doesn't meet any sinners need. In fact, it is unattractive to most.

Preach Christ and Him crucified. THAT is attractive to sinners. Condemnation by other judgmental sinners is distasteful at best.

Reflect Christ. The rest will take care of itself.

Our health and vitality will be an attraction to others and a way to introduce Christ to them.  THAT is why treating our bodies as temples is important.  Not because you feel inclined to tell others what they should be doing.  You are "shoulding" all over them!  No one likes that.

Vincenzo Says>>>"There is truth in every quote you have posted".

DMJ Says>>> Then why arent you following the truth? Why are you questioning the truth? Why are you disagreeing with the truth? And why are you trying to make the truth of none effect?

Vincenzo Says>>>"you have made doctrine out of many things that are not points of salvation nor intended to be doctrine."

DMJ Says>>>My Bible tells me in 2 Timothy 3:16---"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"  All scripture is "profitable for doctrine". If it is in the Word, then it is definitely DOCTRINE. Doctrine is given by "inspiration of God". The Spirit of Prophecy was given to the remnant church by "inspiration of God". It is also DOCTRINE. Doctrine is needed for salvation. So if it is doctrine, then it IS a salvation matter. The Health Message IS a salvation matter because it is HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED DOCTRINE.

Vincenzo Says>>>"You also haven't posted much on the Gospel."

DMJ Says>>> We are told that The Health Message is the RIGHT ARM of the EVERLASTING GOSPEL. If the Health Message connected to Jesus isnt the gospel, then I dont know what is. Jesus gave us the Health Message and it is definitely good news (gospel).

Vincenzo Says>>>"Preach Christ and Him crucified....Reflect Christ. The rest will take care of itself."

DMJ SAYS>>>The Bible says in Psalms 67:2---"That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations." God wants His gospel of "saving health" to be known upon the earth among all nations. This is apart of preaching the message of Christ and Him crucified. Self must be crucified and obedience must take place. The Health Message is God's way of diet for us. It is for our own good.

Your message of just focusing on the cross, love, and grace is out of line for the message for this time. Present truth is what the flock needs now. Yes, those subjects are important and essential to all of us, but we must grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ by studying and applying ALL of His messages to our lives.

We are told in the SOP,

"This goody-goody religion that makes light of sin and that is forever dwelling upon the love of God to the sinner, encourages the sinner to believe that God will save him while he continues in sin and he knows it to be sin. This is the way that many are doing who profess to believe present truth. The truth is kept apart from their life, and that is the reason it has no more power to convict and convert the soul. There must be a straining of every nerve and spirit and muscle to leave the world, its customs, its practices, and its fashions. . . .If you put away sin and exercise living faith, the riches of heaven's blessings will be yours.--Letter 53, 1887."

...Following & obeying the Health Message is one of God's means for us to reflect His image.

We are told in the SOP,

"The controlling power of appetite will prove the ruin of thousands, when, if they had conquered on this point, they would have had moral power to gain the victory over every other temptation of Satan. But those who are slaves to appetite will fail in perfecting Christian character. The continual transgression of man for six thousand years has brought sickness, pain and death as its fruits. And as we near the close of time, Satan's temptation to indulge appetite will be more powerful and more difficult to overcome. It is only through obedience and continual effort that we shall overcome as Christ overcame. {TSDF 36.6}"

"Then why arent you following the truth? Why are you questioning the truth? Why are you disagreeing with the truth? And why are you trying to make the truth of none effect?"

I'm not doing any of these things.  You suggesting I am and putting words in my mouth is against the rules of this site.  It is highly offensive to me.  It's also not honest and suggests you don't have the ethics or intellect to debate honestly.  Or perhaps you are trying to disguise that you don't have a defense for your assertions and thus need to put on a 'good offense'.

I stopped reading the rest of your post after your first response because you stooped to this dishonet level of discourse.

What I have done is I pointied out that this is NOT a point of salvation as you have suggested.  You have NO quotes that support that assertion.  Until you have quotes that prove that, I suggest you keep quiet and don't spread any more falsehood about your ideas for the 'requirements' of salvation.

You are misrepresenting Scripture, SOP, and the Adventist Church.  Are you a SDA member?  Are you part of an offshoot?  I'm genuinely curious.

We are told in the SOP,

"The controlling power of appetite will prove the ruin of thousands, when, if they had conquered on this point, they would have had moral power to gain the victory over every other temptation of Satan. But those who are slaves to appetite will fail in perfecting Christian character. The continual transgression of man for six thousand years has brought sickness, pain and death as its fruits. And as we near the close of time, Satan's temptation to indulge appetite will be more powerful and more difficult to overcome. It is only through obedience and continual effort that we shall overcome as Christ overcame. {TSDF 36.6}"

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service