Adventist Online

The Health Message is apart of the 3 Angels Messages. It is the "right arm" of the 3 Angels Message, which is the Everlasting Gospel. The Health Message is particularly connected to the 1st Angels Message, which tells us to "GIVE GLORY TO GOD". We give glory to God by reflecting His character and following His ways.

*Revelation 14:6,7---"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

...We give "GLORY TO GOD" by reflecting His character and following His ways. We also give "GLORY TO GOD" in how we look, dress, eat, and drink. 1 Corinthians 10:31 makes this more clear.

*1 Corinthians 10:31---"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

...This is how the Health Message is connected to the 3 Angels Message, through the announcement of the 1st Angel, which is to GIVE GOD GLORY. We give God glory in ALL that we do, including "eating & drinking". This is why God gave His last day church the HEALTH MESSAGE. We are told that meat eating should be done away with and that we (SDA's) should NOT eat cheese or other dairy products. Most of us agree on meat-eating. But many of us have not seen the light on eating dairy products (cheese, eggs, milk, butter, cream).

The SOP says,

"

• Pure Vegetarianism/Veganism

1868 "Cheese should never be introduced into the stomach." 2T 68

1883 "All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains." HL 96

1889 "Years ago I had a testimony of reproof for the managers in our campmeetings bringing upon the ground and selling to our people cheese and other hurtful things." CD 329

1890 "The effect of cheese is deleterious." CH 114

1896 "The simple grains, fruits of the trees, and vegetables have all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood." HL 98

1898 "In a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of God's commandment-keeping people in a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." CD 411

1899 "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded." CD 384

1901 "The time may come when it will not be safe to use milk.... The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs.... The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used.... But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.... We see that cattle are becoming greatly diseased, the earth itself is corrupted, and we know that the time will come when it will not be best to use milk and eggs." CD 357-9

1902 "Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

1903 "Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs." CD 380

1905 "Cheese is... objectionable; it is wholly unfit for food." MH 302

1905 "Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator.... The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain ALL the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood.... The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe... The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable." MH 296, 316, 320-1

1906 "In grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are to be found ALL the food elements that we need." CDF 92, 310, 313

1909 "The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs..." 9T162

"Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth. God will give His people ability and tact to prepare wholesome food without these things. Let our people discard all unwholesome recipes. Let them learn how to live healthfully, teaching to others what they have learned. Let them impart this knowledge as they would Bible instruction. Let them teach the people to preserve the health and increase the strength by avoiding the large amount of cooking that has filled the world with chronic invalids. By precept and example make it plain that the food which God gave Adam in his sinless state is the best for man's use as he seeks to regain that sinless state{CD 460.5}"

...The last few words in the Counsels of Diet and Foods appendix, are those of James White regarding the counsels on health given to his wife: "...all changes in diet should be made carefully, one at a time. And while she [his wife, Ellen White] would say this to those who are in danger of making changes too rapidly, she would also say to the tardy, Be sure and not forget to change."

*Scripture says that you are to “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).

It is my hope and prayer that you will do just that.

QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!

Views: 7565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When The Ministry of Healing was being translated into German in 1906, the translators wrote to Ellen White, asking for clarification of her statement that cheese is “wholly unfit for food” (MH 302). Did she mean to condemn all cheese foods without exception? In reply, she authorized them to substitute, for the English word “cheese,” the phrase “strong cheese” and to entirely omit the sentence “It is wholly unfit for food.” Thus she clarified her intention to limit her criticism to a certain category of cheese. W. C. White’s explanation confirms that spoilage was at least part of the problem. “If strong is not the term you use [in German] to designate the ordinary cheese of commerce, which is old and full of poison, please designate by the proper term.” Following this counsel, the translators wrote: “Strong, sharp cheese should not be eaten.”47 She also advised moderation, common sense, and respect for each individual’s conscience (CD 198, 206, 353

In contrast, she regarded the unripened cheeses, cottage cheese and cream cheese, as wholesome foods.

Perhaps the aspect of American cheese technology most relevant to Ellen White’s comments was the difficulty of arresting the aging process to keep cheese from spoiling once it was “ripe.” Curt Wohleber reported that in the nineteenth century cheese sales and consumption in America lagged far behind that of Europe for one simple reason: American cheese spoiled so rapidly on the grocery shelf that consumers often became sick from eating it. “Even a master cheesemaker couldn’t consistently produce batch after batch of top quality,” but homemade cheese production was even more erratic. Not until 1916—the year after Ellen White’s death—did James L. Kraft receive the first American patent on a process that gave cheese a virtually indefinite shelf life.

"Early advertisements played up Kraft cheese’s nutritional value—a subtle way of saying that it wouldn’t give you food poisoning.” This history goes far to explain Ellen White’s advice that the substance commonly referred to as cheese in nineteenth-century America was indeed “unfit for food.” Another factor conditioning White’s counsel on cheese was the unhealthful state of milk production in her day. Dairies were notoriously unsanitary; rampant disease in cows was transmitted to milk and cheese, and all these problems were made worse by the lack of refrigeration. Pasteurization (heating milk to a certain temperature to reduce microbial contamination) did not become commercially available until 1882, and it was some years beyond that before cheesemakers figured out how to integrate pasteurization into cheese manufacture without interfering with the fermentation that is integral to the cheesemaking process.

So you are saying pasteurization is wrong?

Raw milk contains many components that kill pathogens and strengthen the immune system. These include lacto-peroxidase, lacto-ferrin, anti-microbial components of blood (leukocytes, B-macrophages, neutrophils, T-lymphocytes, immunoglobulins and antibodies), special carbohydrates (polysaccharides and oligosaccharides), special fats (medium chain fatty acids, phospholipids and spingolipids), complement enzymes, lysozyme, hormones, growth factors, mucins, fibronectin, glycomacropeptide, beneficial bacteria, bifidus factor and B12-binding protein.  These components are largely inactivated by the heat of pasteurization and ultrapasteurization.  

Raw milk contains enzymes and encourages beneficial bacteria that contribute to easy digestion and ensure that all the vitamins and minerals are absorbed.

Pasteurization warps and distorts the enzymes and other proteins in milk so that the body thinks they are foreign, and has to mount an immune response.  This makes pasteurized milk very difficult to digest.  In fact, the market for fluid milk has been declining at 1 percent per year for the past thirty years.  Fewer and fewer people can digest processed milk. (that is me)

I grew up on Raw milk. Woke up milked cow. Drank milk. Never got sick. 

Now I would rather drink water out of the ditch because I would be less sick that if I drank milk from the store. Store milk causes painful and explosive reactions in my gut. 

Modern day milk is poison.  I have done work for and have seen modern dairy operations. They are disgusting.  

NOTE: I am not advocating the drinking of raw or pasteurized.  This is for information only and is here to show that things have changed in our sick modern world. 

@ Raymond

I did not grow up Christian. I too drank raw milk most of my life and do believe that I received a healthy immune system because of it. I still have fond memories of going to the nearby dairy farm with milk jugs to scoop out the milk from the tank. We had to shake our milk to make sure we didn't get a glass full of cream. Most of the rest of my diet revolved around meat and potatoes. We raised our own pigs, cows and often hunted deer. We also had our own garden.

This whole discussion is very interesting to me. In many places in Europe, the entire meal can be comprised of bread and cheese. A chunk of cheese and a chunk of bread. Here, in many cases, it is used as an ingredient or garnish. There are entrees where cheese is the main ingredient and no matter the quality of the cheese, it is definitely not the most healthful.

Our family uses both dairy cheese and vegan cheese. However, when available we do use organic. Kind of goes like this.

Priorities:

1) Vegan Organic

2) Vegan

3) Organic

4) Local

5) Commercial

Amen my friend. My sister who a wonderful Christian is not SDA and she has been healed by the Lord and eats only organic. We have also talked to each other about being lead by the Holy Spirit on what to avoid, because you sometimes have no way of knowing what is safe or clean.

I like your list. I will share it with my family.

1) Vegan Organic

2) Vegan

3) Organic

4) Local

5) Commercial

If a person bothers to do so I would suppose.

Imagine what it would be like after you digested it?

Just about five years that this discussion started we can still take it further by my question which is

"Agreed that fruits and vegetables are good and indeed the preferred or instructed food for adventist however how safe is these fruits and vegetables now that majority of the are genetically modified, chemically grown by way of fertilizers and those that are chemically stored as well" Please lets be objective in tackling this topic. How will be bowl feel early morning when I introduced a cold fruit into the system or veggies that will always make me to toilet? 

There will come a time when only those that know how to plant will be eating.

I'm a big believer in eating healthy because it reflects on your mind and  body. I will encourage everyone to continue to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, so you can grow up healthier.

Let us start to grow and plant fruit and vegetables, without GMO!

The focus should be on getting people to eat plants and stop eating dead animals which is killing us and the environment. what percentage of deaths, cancers or diseases is attributed to GMOs?  

It's better to eat something warm in the morning. Why did you mention cold fruits and vegetables? 

90% of are food is GMO

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by