Adventist Online

The Health Message is apart of the 3 Angels Messages. It is the "right arm" of the 3 Angels Message, which is the Everlasting Gospel. The Health Message is particularly connected to the 1st Angels Message, which tells us to "GIVE GLORY TO GOD". We give glory to God by reflecting His character and following His ways.

*Revelation 14:6,7---"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

...We give "GLORY TO GOD" by reflecting His character and following His ways. We also give "GLORY TO GOD" in how we look, dress, eat, and drink. 1 Corinthians 10:31 makes this more clear.

*1 Corinthians 10:31---"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

...This is how the Health Message is connected to the 3 Angels Message, through the announcement of the 1st Angel, which is to GIVE GOD GLORY. We give God glory in ALL that we do, including "eating & drinking". This is why God gave His last day church the HEALTH MESSAGE. We are told that meat eating should be done away with and that we (SDA's) should NOT eat cheese or other dairy products. Most of us agree on meat-eating. But many of us have not seen the light on eating dairy products (cheese, eggs, milk, butter, cream).

The SOP says,

"

• Pure Vegetarianism/Veganism

1868 "Cheese should never be introduced into the stomach." 2T 68

1883 "All the elements of nutrition are contained in the fruits, vegetables, and grains." HL 96

1889 "Years ago I had a testimony of reproof for the managers in our campmeetings bringing upon the ground and selling to our people cheese and other hurtful things." CD 329

1890 "The effect of cheese is deleterious." CH 114

1896 "The simple grains, fruits of the trees, and vegetables have all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood." HL 98

1898 "In a short time the milk of the cows will also be excluded from the diet of God's commandment-keeping people in a short time it will not be safe to use anything that comes from the animal creation." CD 411

1899 "The light given me is that it will not be very long before we shall have to give up using any animal food. Even milk will have to be discarded." CD 384

1901 "The time may come when it will not be safe to use milk.... The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs.... The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used.... But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.... We see that cattle are becoming greatly diseased, the earth itself is corrupted, and we know that the time will come when it will not be best to use milk and eggs." CD 357-9

1902 "Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men." 7T135

1903 "Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs." CD 380

1905 "Cheese is... objectionable; it is wholly unfit for food." MH 302

1905 "Grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator.... The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain ALL the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood.... The diet reform should be progressive. As disease in animals increases, the use of milk and eggs will become more and more unsafe... The people everywhere should be taught how to cook without milk and eggs, so far as possible, and yet have their food wholesome and palatable." MH 296, 316, 320-1

1906 "In grains, fruits, vegetables, and nuts are to be found ALL the food elements that we need." CDF 92, 310, 313

1909 "The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs..." 9T162

"Let the diet reform be progressive. Let the people be taught how to prepare food without the use of milk or butter. Tell them that the time will soon come when there will be no safety in using eggs, milk, cream, or butter, because disease in animals is increasing in proportion to the increase of wickedness among men. The time is near when, because of the iniquity of the fallen race, the whole animal creation will groan under the diseases that curse our earth. God will give His people ability and tact to prepare wholesome food without these things. Let our people discard all unwholesome recipes. Let them learn how to live healthfully, teaching to others what they have learned. Let them impart this knowledge as they would Bible instruction. Let them teach the people to preserve the health and increase the strength by avoiding the large amount of cooking that has filled the world with chronic invalids. By precept and example make it plain that the food which God gave Adam in his sinless state is the best for man's use as he seeks to regain that sinless state{CD 460.5}"

...The last few words in the Counsels of Diet and Foods appendix, are those of James White regarding the counsels on health given to his wife: "...all changes in diet should be made carefully, one at a time. And while she [his wife, Ellen White] would say this to those who are in danger of making changes too rapidly, she would also say to the tardy, Be sure and not forget to change."

*Scripture says that you are to “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15).

It is my hope and prayer that you will do just that.

QUESTION: Should SDA's Eat/Drink Dairy Products (Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Butter, Cream)???

ANSWER: NO!

Views: 7537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Umm...didn't you know that God himself ate meat? with Abraham when he told him about the birth of Issac. Also Jesus most probably ate Fish

Hi Vincent

Good to hear your story.  Sounds familiar.  I think I understand where you're coming from.

See this:

“The Power of the Will

The tempted one needs to understand the true force of the will. This is the governing power in the nature of man--the power of decision, of choice. Everything
depends on the right action of the will
. Desires for goodness and purity
are right, so far as they go; but if we stop here, they avail nothing.
Many
will go down to ruin while hoping and desiring to overcome their evil
propensities
. They do not yield the will to God. They do not choose to serve Him.  {MH 176.1}

God has given us the power of choice; it is ours to exercise. We cannot change our hearts, we cannot control our thoughts, our impulses, our affections. We cannot make
ourselves pure, fit for God's service.
But we can choose to serve God, we can give Him our will; then He will work in us to will and
to do according to His good pleasure.
Thus our whole nature will be brought under the control of Christ.
  {MH 176.2}

“As the will of man co-operates with the will of God, it becomes omnipotent. Whatever is to be done at His command may be accomplished in His strength. All
His biddings are enablings
{COL 333.1}”

“Unless this converting power shall go through our churches, unless the revival of the Spirit of God shall come, all their profession will never make the members of the
church Christians.
There are sinners in Zion who need to
repent of sins that have been cherished as precious treasures
Until these sins are
seen, and thrust from the soul, until every faulty, unlovely trait of character
is transformed by the Spirit's influence, God cannot manifest Himself in power.
There is more
hope for the open sinner than for the professedly righteous who are not pure,
holy, and undefiled. . . . {YRP 51.2}

Who is willing to take himself in hand? Who is willing to lay his finger upon his cherished idols of sin, and allow Christ to purify the temple by casting out the buyers and sellers? Who is prepared to allow Jesus to enter
the soul and cleanse it from everything that tarnishes or corrupts
? The
standard
is "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which
is in heaven is perfect"
(Matt. 5:48). God
calls upon men and women to empty their
hearts of self. Then His Spirit can
find unobstructed entrance
. Stop trying to do the work yourself. Ask God to work in and through you until the words of the apostle become yours, "I
live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me."--Manuscript Releases, vol. 1,
pp. 366, 367. {YRP 51.3}

“Repentance a Gift of God

Repentance, as well as forgiveness, is the gift of God through Christ. It is through the influence of the Holy Spirit that we are convicted of sin and feel our need of pardon. None
but the contrite are forgiven
; but it is the grace of God that
makes the heart penitent
. He is acquainted with all our weaknesses
and infirmities, and He will help us.  {FW 38.2}

Some who come to God by repentance and confession, and even believe that their sins are forgiven, still fail of claiming, as they should, the promises of God. They do not see that Jesus is an ever-present Saviour; and they are not ready to commit the keeping of their souls to Him, relying upon Him to perfect the work of grace begun in their hearts. While they think they are committing
themselves to God, there is a great deal of self-dependence. There are
conscientious souls that trust partly to God and partly to themselves
. They
do not look to God, to be
kept
by His power, but depend upon watchfulness against temptation and the
performance of certain duties for acceptance with Him
. There are no victories in this kind of
faith. Such persons toil to no purpose
; their souls are in continual
bondage
, and they find no rest until their burdens are laid at the feet of
Jesus.  {FW 38.3}

There is need of constant watchfulness and of earnest, loving devotion, but these will come naturally when the soul is

kept by the power of God through faith.We can do nothing, absolutely nothing, to commend ourselves to divine favor. We must not trust at
all
to ourselves or to
our good works
; but when as erring, sinful beings we come to Christ,
we may find rest in His love. God will accept every one that comes to Him
trusting wholly in the merits of a crucified
Saviour. Love springs up in the heart. There
may be no ecstasy of feeling, but there is an abiding,
peaceful trust
. Every burden is light; for the yoke which Christ
imposes is easy. Duty becomes a delight, and sacrifice
a pleasure
The path that before seemed shrouded in darkness
becomes bright with beams from the Sun of Righteousness
. This is walking in the light as Christ is in the
light
  {FW 38.4}”

Behold our God.

Take Care

Walt

Thank you Walt.  This is exactly what everyone else is trying to say. 

DJ

Amen Walt!

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! The truth is marching on!

DMJ

Amen!! my brother

Heb 6:9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

The health message is one of the things that accompany salvation.

Amen:)

There is no salvation by food. There is no salvation by garlic. There is no other name under heaven whereby we may be saved except Jesus Christ. I don't eat dairy for the sake of my health, and not for my salvation. It gives me digestive problems, a rash, and too much mucus.

Obedience is wrong if you do it to earn God's favor. Grace is unmerited favor. If you could earn salvation by your obedience or perfect character, then Christ died in vain.

He that offends in one point is guilty of all. If we focus on dairy and judge other Christians, is that right? The whole world stands guilty before God. We should not be promoting guilt and condemnation, but lifting up Jesus. Where did Jesus teach that we are saved by food? To my knowledge, EGW ate oysters in secret. Does that mean she can't be in heaven? Did the thief on the cross stop eating dairy so he could get into heaven?

I do obey because I love Jesus. Because I have assurance of salvation in Jesus Christ ALONE. Obedience is a fruit of salvation, not in order to be saved. The gospel is that Jesus Christ lived the perfect life for us, died for our sins, and rose from the dead to bring us resurrection. If you substitute the gospel with dairy, add to the gospel with dairy, or turn people's focus from Jesus to dairy, do you really love Jesus or do you love your rules?

I used to be like the Pharisees. They thought they kept God's laws. They prided themselves on keeping God's sabbath, His commandments, but when God came, they killed Him. Moses in the wilderness lifted up the brass serpent representing Jesus on the cross. That was a food issue in the Bible and a medical doctor said he would diagnose their symptoms as botulism or food poisoning. People had to look and live. They didn't have to give up dairy then look and live.

Giving up dairy is a healthy thing. It is not a rule but a choice. It is something I do in this lifetime for my health, but it does not determine whether I will have eternal life. Dairy is a non-issue in heaven. If cows reproduce in heaven although we will not. The Pharisees majored in minor points, and failed to recognize God. I don't wish to be a Pharisee.

How you live your life is up to you. What you believe is up to you. You don't answer to God for what I believe or vice versa. We don't have a right to tell another Christian how they must live their life. Only the Holy Spirit has that right. You may say for yourself, "I believe in not eating dairy." You are not permitted by God to tell another person, "You must not eat dairy." Otherwise you usurp God's authority.

EGW presented health principles but eyewitnesses wrote that she failed to live up to them herself where butter and oysters, etc. were concerned. When I discussed this with my pastor, he said prophets had a message from God but they are not perfect. Bible Prophets are not God. Read the last verse of Hebrews 11. When does it say we will be made perfect?

Moses near the end of his life disobeyed God and was not allowed to enter Canaan though God resurrected him. I recall David had a young girl to keep him warm at the end of his life. Why ruin her life forever, as joining the king's harem doomed you from finding happiness with another man who could love you as his one and only? Why not use one or two or three of the multitude of wives David already had? I don't condone polygamy, as I am sure God does NOT. But God didn't say unless David got rid of all his many wives he could not be saved. His life was not perfect but God was pleased with his heart. Though only God can change the heart.

Paul admitted that man's spirit is willing but his flesh is weak. Not eating dairy will not make your flesh strong enough to endure all temptation and make you perfect. Paul found the answer is only in Jesus and he said, "Don't let any person bewitch you into thinking that your own circumcision, dietary rules, feast days or even your obedience can earn your favor with God or bring you salvation." Paul preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Now I will get off my pulpit, LOL.

PREACH TRUTH!

I can "run around the building" (Praise Break) off of what you just posted.... \0/  \0/  \0/  

Hi B.Misek;

There is no salvation by food. (true..same breath if I claim salvation through Jesus and all He is, I will focus on the food as He tells me to.  This is not a once saved always saved environment, it is on-going, the war is still on till God says it is time up) There is no salvation by garlic. There is no other name under heaven whereby we may be saved except Jesus Christ. I don't eat dairy for the sake of my health (we are selective re: what eat, first because God says so and amazingly we have come to realise His word is true, as we eat what He says we should, headaches go away, sleep patterns change for the better, our bodies become firmer and look better, our mood swings change for the better, our attention levels grow, our love for His word and all He is grows, etc), and not for my salvation. It gives me digestive problems, a rash, and too much mucus.

When someone says this is a salvation issue, I welcome the position only as this pertains to encouraging me to eat right (now that I have accepted God as my Lord and Saviour, the business of growing in Him includes very much the business of a changing lifestyle (health matters included), as the brain works much better when fed right and God does require that I keep this brain clear of all that makes me drunk...as the war is really between the two ears on my head.  That is me. That is how I see it.  God bless.

I’m glad you live healthily. I believe my relationship with Jesus Christ is where my focus should be. I believe that fruits of the Spirit ARE loving kindness, gentleness, patience, self control, etc.

If I don’t eat dairy but eat sugar and salt, how can I say which is more important? I believe greens are very important but my friend gets terrible kidney stones from oxalic acid in greens, and must avoid them like the plague. I believe in drinking alkaline water but my friend must drink distilled water to avoid painful kidney stones. Each body is uniquely created by God. Some people who are allergic to soy, nuts and beans may have to eat dairy or things I don’t choose to eat. Are they less of a Christian or not saved?

Can you give us a verse in the Holy Scriptures that says not to eat dairy? Deuteronomy 14:21, “Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns, and HE MAY EAT IT, or you may SELL it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Do not COOK a young goat in its own mother's MILK.” What God required of Israelites did not apply to everybody. Leviticus 17:15, “And if any native-born Israelites or foreigners eat the meat of an animal that died naturally or was torn up by wild animals, they must wash their clothes and BATHE themselves in water. They will remain ceremonially unclean until evening, but then they will be CLEAN.” It doesn’t make us unclean for eternity.

1Timothy 4:8, For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life AND the life to come. Bible Commentary: "Bodily exercise" here refers to mortifications of the body by abstinence and penance which the ancient devotees, and particularly the Essenes, made so important as part of their religion. The apostle does not mean to say that bodily exercise is in itself improper, or that no advantage can be derived from it in the preservation of health, but he refers to it solely as a means of religion as thought to promote holiness of heart and of life. By these bodily austerities it was supposed that the corrupt passions would be subdued, the wanderings of an unholy fancy lettered down, and the soul brought into conformity to God. In opposition to this supposition, the apostle has here stated a great principle which experience has shown to be universally correct, that such austerities do little to promote holiness, but much to promote superstition. There must be a deeper work on the soul than any which can be accomplished by the mere mortification of the body.

Godliness is profitable unto all things - In every respect. There is not an interest of man, in reference to this life, or to the life to come, which it would not promote. Godliness injures no one. It does not destroy health; it does not enfeeble the intellect; it does not disturb the conscience; it does not pander to raging and consuming passions; it does not diminish the honor of a good name; it furnishes no subject of bitter reflection on a bed of death.

On my deathbed, will my focus be if I ate milk or cheese? Or is my focus on my Savior? Do I want my legacy for my family and loved ones to be that I didn’t eat dairy or that Jesus is the only Savior? I used to think I was closer to God or saved compared to others because I didn’t do this and I didn’t do that. Jesus comes and we cry out, “But I did this in Your name and I did that, I gave up this in Your name,” and He says with tears in His eyes, “I never knew you, because you and I never had a relationship. It was all about what you do and what you don’t do, not about what I have done, so you wouldn’t come to Me.”

2 Corinthians 4: 4, The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. I would not teach others that dairy blinds them to the gospel, or their sugar, or their meat. Acts 26:17-18, “And I will rescue you from both your own people and the Gentiles. Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified BY FAITH IN ME.” We are sanctified the same way we are saved, by faith in Christ, by the grace of God. I would not imply to others that dairy is the power of Satan. I know you don't mean to do that, so I just clarified. God bless you in your relationship with each other and with God.

Thanks B.Misek, well said....

Romans 14:15-23

New International Version (NIV)

15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.[a]

how wonderful the Body of Christ can function and spread the Gospel if we can take this wonderful boundary principle to heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Timbertwo! we forget that scripture too much

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by