Adventist Online

HEY GUYS,

AT CHURCH, THERE IS A MAN AT RISK OF BEING CAST OUT OR DISCIPLINED.  HE HAS GIVEN IN TO HIS DESIRES TO SMOKE AGAIN.  HE HAS ADMITTED HE SMOKES AND IS TRYING TO QUIT, THERE ARE SOME WHO WANT HIM REMOVED FROM MEMBERSHIP AND RETURN/BAPTIZE WHEN HE QUITS.

THERE IS ALSO A WOMAN WHO PROBABLY WEIGHS ABOUT 300+ POUNDS IN OUR CONGREGATION.  SHE IS IN GOOD STANDING AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, SHE IS A SABBATH SCHOOL TEACHER AND WORKS WITH OUR DORCAS DEPT.

WONDER WHY SHE IS NOT UNDER SCRUTINY FOR GLUTTONY? 

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BY THE WAY, I DONT WANT HER TO BE UNDER SCRUTINY OR SANCTIONS,  NEITHER SHOULD PHILIP FOR HIS SMOKING.  I HAVE ENCOURAGED HIM TO QUIT FOR HEALTH REASONS, BUT ADDICTIONS ARE A MOTHER.

I remembered discussion a similar issue here

Good for you Rick. My comments Below are general, some2hat to the point because of unbeliefwith SDA in general. I am not referring to all people here including you. Much of the problem is EGW and tradition and the total lack of understanding, experience and lack of teachers and mentors in the manifestations.

It appears not much will change, the yoke of law and unbelief will continue indefinitely. I think God is about to wash his hands of the SDA asfar as trying to wake up thechurch to the spirit of God. This is a most stubborn people for the most part. If it continues, there will be little deliverance, signs miracles or healing etc., no tongues or it’s interpretation, no prophesy (none for over 100 years), and no faithwhich operates all the other manifestations. Thechurch shall reap what they sow.

Some of the wickedness and apostasy I have seen here is incredible. I am not referring to the loving kind and considerate people, who don’t manifest Holy Spirit. A lot of the problem is the leaders, managment.

Did you actually read the OP? Try to discuss the issues raised instead of taking jabs at the church. Discuss something you know about

Before Pastor Doug was visiting a SDA church, they didn't judge him because of his smoking problem, they actually help him quit.

Gluttony and any and every other sin can be taken care of at the cross of calvary.  

YES.  THANK GOD FOR THAT.

BREACH BABY AND VALLEY FIRE MIRACLES: I posted this in Smoking And Coffee area discussion, but thought it too important to be missed so reposted it here. Around the mid-eighties, I used to go to Heidi Pies in San Mateo, a restaurant and bakery open thats open 24 hours a day. I smoked cigarettes then, about a pack a day and you could smoke in the restaurant in those days.

I would smoke like a chimney and drink about a gallon of coffee, read my Companion Bible and talk to people about it and discuss spiritual matters. In 2003 I quit smoking but still enjoy my coffee. A young woman named Lynn had started fellowship and study with the ministry I was in at the time and she approached me at Heidi's one night and confided in me that she was pregnant (unwed) and that she had a breach baby (feet first; requiring Cesarian section I was told).

Lynn Asked me to minister healing (she trusted me obviously) and after asking God, I got a yes and proceeded...I directed her outside to the parking lot, it was at night, and it was quieter there and I asked her to pray quietly internally (no voicing outwardly) in tongues (perfect prayer in the spirit; I Corinthians 14:"2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries." "14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also."

I know most of you right now are offended or biased just because of the tongues part. But I know of what I am talking about and am giving my testimony, and the truth, you may think whatever you like irregardless. I also spoke internally in tongues, in preparation to minister healing.

I was then shown by the Lord visual revelation, showing a green screen like an ultra-sound screen, and the baby was blurry but all parts were recognizable including the position of the feet first in the womb. I was directed by revelation to command the baby to turn 180 degrees so that his position would be head first), which I then commanded in the name of Jesus Christ; immediately I saw the baby move in visual revelation and the mother felt it move.

The baby was born head first and healthy, and his name is Thomas. A lot of Christians would think that God would not give a gift of healing to one pregnant out of wedlock. Lynn was a good woman who I believe was probably hood-winked by some man (wouldn't be the first time) that he loved her etc. She Eventually married someone who had a job as a copy repair man. I joke with SDA friends when I tell them this story that perhaps they should start drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes to see the holy spirit work for a change!

This was until recently the greatest miracle I had seen personally. You may think it is of the Devil, you may think tongues is of the Devil, but I know that I know that I know and tongues is biblical and of the spirit of God if done with freedom of will, and without all the crazy slain in the spirit and other demonic influences. Those that trust in the Lord receive, those that don't DON'T. God gets the glory, he energized the miracle, I just carried out what I was told to do.

Actually there was one other earlier in 1977 or so, the woman who walked for the first time in seven years, who we all spoke in tongues for internally as she stated she wanted to walk as she came the first night to our fellowship. It was amazing and It was a privilege to be a part of it and it was like the book of Acts with Peter and John and the man who never walked.

As long as you people continue the way you are, you will most likely get the same lack of manifestations. It is very sad, I know the solution, but none of you apparently really want God’s solution. Only faith and meekness and understanding and grace can obtain healing, miracles etc. asl ong as you people will stubbornly believe the same things and not believe what you need to believe and do, not much will change.

In that sense some of you are like the Jews, a stiff necked and stubborn people. Frankly, most of you have been told too many times, just as the Jews dodn’t Listen either. Even God’s patience is not endless. I think He is close to being done trying to help you people. He will soon leave you to your own devices and you will only see very limited and few and far apart workings of the Holy Spirit. God does not honor unbelief and reviling his spirit and manifestations. I feel great sadness for you people.

The manifestations of holy spirit are not dependent upon perfection, law or not smoking etc. They are dependent upon grace, trust and believing. The Pharisees were not noted for miracles or manifestations of any kind I can recall from the Word. The SDA is not noted for them either.other than a few instances of revelation, here and there, that’s all Ihave seen over years of observation and talking to SDA friends. I have one SDA friend who spoke in tongues as a teenager and continues to do so. 

I excluded the part about the Valley fire as posted here, as I had quite smoking long before the 2015 Valley fire. I wanted to share regarding smokig and results from God.

if all the church concentrstes on is sin and imperfection, that’s all you will see.

if you concentrste on God’s love and grace and His promises, that is what you will see. If you concentrate on law and judgment, that is what you will get also. 

Get a spellchecker will you, Concentrate on Gods Love, Grace and promises, yes that is good one thing you seem to forget is being obedient to God's word and honour Him in what you do. Or do you think that God is a vending machine where you put in a prayer for something you want and out pops the blessing? Remeber this you can not be saved in your sin. but you can be saved from them. But I guess you are no different than your Happy Clapper friends who think they can be saved while they are abusing children.  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service