Adventist Online

Isaiah 28:10-13 (MSG VERSION)

‘10 'Da, da, da, da, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's a good little girl, that's a good little boy.'"

11 But that's exactly how you will be addressed. God will speak to this people In baby talk, one syllable at a time -

12 and he'll do it through foreign oppressors. He said before, "This is the time and place to rest, to give rest to the weary. This is the place to lay down your burden." But they won't listen.

13 So God will start over with the simple basics and address them in baby talk, one syllable at a time - "Da, da, da, da, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's a good little girl, that's a good little boy." And like toddlers, they will get up and fall down, get bruised and confused and lost.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/msg/isaiah/passage.aspx?q=isaiah+28:...

I just wonder if my children will even get to know God with Bibles like this one…?

The end is near…..

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eh! are you serious Paul? ... about this Bible? i have not checked the link. Eish! True. The end is here...Was going through Daniel 9:25- prophecy.  No question...end is here.

@ Scobs.
This is really mean. For one to play with the word of god in this manner. But you will still find some one telling us that it is close to the original manuscripts. What a shame. The devil is at work.

Watch what you are reading. EVERY WORD IS AN INSPIRATION just imagine from the NIV bible read Acts 8:37.... and you compare this with the KING JAMES TRANSLATION

wow, are you serious Paul, i dont believe this. You see, you will still find people saying the Kjv is not that good, well, its better than this.

it looks like people will be decieved by the twisted word of God thinking that its reality.

Just to compare this with Isaiah 28:9-13 KJV:

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

Do we really understand the thoughts in these Bible verses?

Reply by teresa yesterday

You brought up the better point.  What is God trying to teach us?  The msg bible may give us a clearer picture.

@Teresa.

What will God be trying to us by

‘10 'Da, da, da, da, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's a good little girl, that's a good little boy.'"

I saw that God had especially guarded the Bible; yet when copies of it were few, learned men had in some instances changed the words, thinking that they were making it more plain, when in reality they were mystifying that which was plain, by causing it to lean to their established views, which were governed by tradition. But I saw that the Word of God, as a whole, is a perfect chain, one portion linking into and explaining another. True seekers for truth need not err; for not only is the Word of God plain and simple in declaring the way of life, but the Holy Spirit is given as a guide in understanding the way to life therein revealed.  {EW 220.2} 

Yes, it looks like the "da da... blah blah... baby talk" idea comes from the verse that says, "With stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people". Not an application I would want to use, but I think it's possible to see how the paraphrase was arrived at.

@Stewart.

why not use it?

@ Stewart.

“I must under GOD denounce every attachment to the New American Standard Version. I’m in trouble with the Lord… I wrote the format… I wrote the preface… I’m in trouble;… its wrong, terribly wrong; its frighteningly wrong…Are we so naïve that we do not suspect Satanic daception in all of this?”

Dr. Frank Logsdon: Co-founder, New American Standard Version.

I think i personally agree with this MAN.

@Stewart
Why not use it? I ask the same thing Lutendo. Since you agree with it.

TERESA,

how do you relate '' precept must be upon precept, line upon line, here a little and there a little '' to 'Da, da, da, da, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's a good little girl, that's a good little boy / ??

the dictionary meaning i found for precept is:

1. a rule or principle for action

2. a guide or rule for morals

Please explain to me how you think this verse mean, or alteast these verses in this chapter so that its not out of concept.

When we read the bible we need not your thoughts but the word of GOD. what gives any Man a right to tell us what God is saying.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service