Adventist Online

Isaiah 28:10-13 (MSG VERSION)

‘10 'Da, da, da, da, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's a good little girl, that's a good little boy.'"

11 But that's exactly how you will be addressed. God will speak to this people In baby talk, one syllable at a time -

12 and he'll do it through foreign oppressors. He said before, "This is the time and place to rest, to give rest to the weary. This is the place to lay down your burden." But they won't listen.

13 So God will start over with the simple basics and address them in baby talk, one syllable at a time - "Da, da, da, da, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's a good little girl, that's a good little boy." And like toddlers, they will get up and fall down, get bruised and confused and lost.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/msg/isaiah/passage.aspx?q=isaiah+28:...

I just wonder if my children will even get to know God with Bibles like this one…?

The end is near…..

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its pretty bad, isnt it? I have found great comfort, strength, and stability in my KJV... Some of these others just REALLY slaughter the language.. So sad that this kind of wierd style is what suffices these days for so many.

It deffinitely smooths things over for folks.. I posted a thread about which version you use and why. I stated my choice, and why. Scobs answered, and my mom.. But not many others.. Personally, I think its real important to pick a version and then stand on THAT version. Too hard to try to show your point from so many versions.. I think it leads to people going, well, they are all different, so what makes it so binding? or sacred?

I appreciate your post, brother. I, too, feel a strong need to get where we are gonna be and prepare for the times that are swiftly headed our way.

Satan looks with great satisfaction upon those who profess the name of Christ, yet closely adhere to the delusions which he himself has originated. His work is still to devise new delusions, and his power and art in this direction continually increase. He led his representatives, the popes and the priests, to exalt themselves, and to stir up the people to bitterly persecute and destroy those who were not willing to accept his delusions. Oh, the sufferings and agony which the precious followers of Christ were made to endure! Angels have kept a faithful record of it all. Satan and his evil angels exultingly told the angels who ministered to these suffering saints that they were all to be killed, so that there would not be left a true Christian upon the earth. I saw that the church of God was then pure. There was no danger of men with corrupt hearts coming into it; for the true Christian, who dared to declare his faith, was in danger of the rack, the stake, and every torture which Satan and his evil angels could invent or inspire in the mind of man. {EW 221.2}

He and his angels rejoiced that the errors they had prepared took so well with the professed friends of Christ. What one looked upon with religious horror, another would receive. Thus different errors were received and defended with zeal. The will of God, so plainly revealed in His Word, was covered up with errors and traditions, which have been taught as the commandments of God. Although this heaven-daring deception will be suffered to be carried on until the second appearing of Jesus, yet through all this time of error and deception, God has not been left without witnesses. Amid the darkness and persecution of the church there have always been true and faithful ones who kept all of God's commandments.  {EW 216.1} 

You know Paul, when listening to some of our negative comments re: Bible teaching/SOP relevance in our daily walk, at times I get an image of a 2-3 year old walking with his parents through the streets of Johannesburg or New-york CBD; BUT would like to do it on their own. For sure, chances are very high the child will be knocked down dead at some point.  Check the time spent going back and forth advising on SOP as TOTALLY irrelevant (to an extent that some SDAs claim to have come to know this is fact). 

The devil is daily, changing the web pattern, and as children of God who profess to be ALWAYS children of God, we ought to hold fast to His Hand.  ta.

"he will TRY to change times Daniel7:25,..." Any one who will try to change the word or a dot from the HOLY Word of God he will perish Matt5:18... The word of the Lord is an inspiration 2Tim3:16. It is God Himself talking to me and you through the bible jh1:1-3. The A.Ds and B.Cs terminologies are being eliminated from the books of history. The strong bible verses are being omitted eg in NIV  Acts 8:37 and many others as compared to KJV. The ONLY bible translation is the KJV. We are therefore commissioned to go out and tell the others about salvation Matt 28:19,20. Every prophecy in the bible has been fulfilled Matt24. Its upon us to preach to the nations.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service