Adventist Online

What is this "Special Resurrection" about? I am hearing about it but not really getting it. Please shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did you hear it from

Hopefully there will be a little ray of light in this, Cynthia.

Our teaching on the Special Resurrection is based on two main thoughts: Daniel 12:1-3 and Revelation 1:7.

“And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.” (Daniel 12:2)

The timing of this verse is just after Michael has stood up, and the Time of Trouble has started. The verse describes a mixed resurrection: some are raised to everlasting life [perhaps a number of days or even weeks before Jesus' return], and some are raised to shame and everlasting contempt.

One of the people who will be in the Special Resurrection will be Caiaphas, the high priest who presided at Jesus’ ‘trial’.

Jesus spoke to Caiaphas, saying,
“Hereafter you shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.” (Matt 26:64)

Caiaphas will literally be one of the people that sees Jesus returning in the clouds of glory. And yes, he will be ashamed, knowing that he himself was one of the key men in the nations rejection of Christ.

Revelation 1:7
“Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him...” 

Caiphas did not literally put the spear into Jesus' side, but Caiaphas is still numbered among those that "pierced Him".

I wonder if it would be of interest to note another, parallel, "special resurrection".

Daniel 12:2 explains that "many" of the dead will awake after Michael (Jesus) has finished His work and stood up.

After Jesus' resurrection, Matthew says that "many" bodies of the saints which slept, arose, coming out of their graves after His resurrection, and those raised people were seen by many in Jerusalem. (Matt 27:52-53.)

We are not told how many were raised, but I think it is interesting that there was in fact a "special resurrection" associated with Jesus' own resurrection.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service