Adventist Online

What is the new idea, Spiritual Formation all about?  I'm looking for both pro & con reasons why someone might believe, or not believe in it.

Views: 748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thankyou.Helpful info.

It is also known as "Spiritual Direction" and "Spiritual Disciplines", and , "....but it is nothing more than the Spiritual Exercises devised by Ignatius Loyola. These have been used for over 460 years to train Jesuit Priests, bringing them into subservience to Catholic superiors."

I was emailed some information, and its very interesting what is said about spiritual formation being forced on Adventist, in this case students in theology...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IQNZqV34WBY"

Also see you Tube clip at end …

The Israel of God in these last days are in constant danger of mingling with the world, and losing all signs of their being the chosen people of God. Read again Titus 2:13-15. We are brought down to the last days, when God is purifying unto himself a peculiar people. Shall we provoke God as did ancient Israel? Shall we bring his wrath upon us by departing from him and mingling with the world, and following the abominations of the nations around us? {4bSG 74.1}

For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD. Jer 23.11

Ironically, endorsed by the first conference woman to hold that position at PUC.  I am guessing, pronounced, appropriately "puke"?

Pee you see.  If it was one word, then it would be puck, like a hockey puck.

Pee you see?  Like that is better. LOL

Don't know about but sounds very fishy. Let's hold on tightly to Christ alone and the Bible. We are safe there whatever may come.

Hi Sister Sherrie,

Thank you for posting. You may wish to review this thread for some more information --->CLICK

Elder Rick Howard has also written a book called The Omega Rebellion which I found very helpful. Here are some presentations by him on the topic.

Rick Howard: The Omega of Apostasy Part 1 --->CLICK

Rick Howard: The Omega of Apostasy Part 2 --->CLICK

Rick Howard: The Omega of Apostasy Part 3 --->CLICK

Rick Howard: The Omega of Apostasy Part 4 --->CLICK

There is nothing new under the sun, Spiritual Formation is a weapon of the adversary

of souls -Satan.

Many thanks
Meta

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. I am sure we all have personal sins and need to find ways to be closer to Christ. These efforts may make you feel good but they are fruitless.

Leon

Operation Iceberg symposium on the emerging church

October 1, 2014 Gerry Wagoner

As you know, the Emerging Church movement has been prominent in Evangelical circles for quite some time. However, it has made serious inroads into Seventh-day Adventism over the last four years. Our movement survived the alpha of apostasy during the Kellogg years, yet we were told the omega would be much worse--to the extent it made the prophet "tremble."

In response to the omega rising within the remnant church, "Operation Iceberg" was formed to educate our people on the dangers of this seemingly good, yet insidiously dangerous embracing of ancient mysticism and postmodernism.

On October 17th and 18th, the Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church will host a symposium of speakers, who are dedicated to exposing this danger (Eph 5:11). We ask you to pray for, and share the truths of the Everlasting Gospel to those who have been misled. Exposition without solution is but desolation (link).

You can watch the presentations here--->CLICK

Brother Jay,

Thank you for making the link more prominent than I had in my post above yours.

I wanted to draw our attention to the very troubling revelation at

around Count 01.04.38 on the first presentation (on the link) which is a panel discussion

On Friday October 18th 2014 at the Hawaiian Mission Academy a College recruiter from George Fox University --->CLICK was by invitation (I would imagine) able to speak to 32 Senior Students and 6-8 students started the application  process and received flyers.

Roland Graham Principal of the Academy, President of the Hawaiian Conference,  President of the Pacific Union Elder Ricardo Graham,  and Elder Ralph Watts were mentioned by name.

The brother who spoke (whose name I do not know) made a heartfelt appeal for an investigation to be held concerning this and other matters....

Much prayer, much prayer.....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by