Adventist Online

Spiritual Revival Still Needed

One day at noon I was writing of the work that might have been done at the last [1901] General Conference if the men in positions of trust had followed the will and way of God. Those who have had great light have not walked in the light. The meeting was closed, and the break was not made. Men did not humble themselves before the Lord as they should have done, and the Holy Spirit was not imparted. {LDE 57.1}

I had written thus far when I lost consciousness, and I seemed to be witnessing a scene in Battle Creek. {LDE 57.2}

We were assembled in the auditorium of the Tabernacle. Prayer was offered, a hymn was sung, and prayer was again offered. Most earnest supplication was made to God. The meeting was marked by the presence of the Holy Spirit. . . . {LDE 57.3}

No one seemed to be too proud to make heartfelt confession, and those who led in this work were the ones who had influence, but had not before had courage to confess their sins. {LDE 57.4}

There was rejoicing such as never before had been heard in the Tabernacle. {LDE 57.5}

Then I aroused from my unconsciousness, and for a while could not think where I was. My pen was still in my hand. The words were spoken to me: "This
might have been. All this the Lord was waiting to do for His people. All heaven was waiting to be gracious." I thought of where we might have been had thorough work been done at the last General Conference.--8T 104-106 (Jan. 5, 1903). {LDE 57.6}

I have been deeply impressed by scenes that have recently passed before me in the night season. There seemed to be a great movement--a work of revival--going forward in many places. Our people were moving into line, responding to God's call.--TM 515 (1913). [FROM ELLEN WHITE'S FIRST MESSAGE TO THE GENERAL CONFERENCE SESSION OF 1913.] {LDE 58.1}

The Patience of God With His People

The church has failed, sadly failed, to meet the expectations of her Redeemer, and yet the Lord does not withdraw Himself from His people. He bears with them still, not because of any goodness found in them, but that His name may not be dishonored before the enemies of truth and righteousness, that the satanic agencies may not triumph in the destruction of God's people. He has borne long with their waywardness, unbelief and folly. With wonderful forbearance and compassion He has disciplined them. If they will heed His instruction He will cleanse away their perverse tendencies, saving them with an everlasting salvation and making them eternal monuments of the power of His grace.--ST Nov. 13, 1901. {LDE 58.2}

We should remember that the church, enfeebled and defective though it be, is the only object on earth
on which Christ bestows His supreme regard. He is constantly watching it with solicitude, and is strengthening it by His Holy Spirit.--2SM 396 (1902). {LDE 58.3}

-What do you think of these?...Because I noticed that when a person strives to adhere/follow the will of God, they are called extremist,fanatics,etc. Should we listen to the opinions of men or steadfastly follow God's precepts?

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi MsMS.

Thank you for the encouragement my friend. Please keep praying for me that I will remain faithful to the end.

I pray you have a wonderful Sabbath in Christ too...

Thank you for allowing my reply.
Amen Pastor John. And I do appreciate what you do. For sure we don't need to argue with anyone. Those who are resistant to God's Word would not be convienced anyways ... as frequently witnessed here on this forum. :) HappySabbath John.
I guess we could just :

Great information shared Tyrone. Def helpful. God bless in your continual studies. Happy Sabbath as well a little in advance.
A Thorough Reformation Needed

We need a thorough reformation in all our churches. The converting power of God must come into the church. Seek the Lord most earnestly, put away your sins, and tarry in Jerusalem till ye be endowed with power from on high. Let God set you apart to the work. Purify your souls by obeying the truth. Faith without works is dead. Put not off the day of preparation. Slumber not in a state of unpreparedness, having no oil in your vessels with your lamps. Let none leave their safety for eternity to hang upon a peradventure. Let not the question remain in perilous uncertainty. Ask yourselves earnestly, Am I among the saved, or the unsaved? Shall I stand, or shall I not stand? He only that hath clean hands and a pure heart shall stand in that day.
{TM 443.2}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by