Adventist Online

This forum is designed for all posts regarding the National Sunday Law, Please endeavor to update it for it's important for the believers and one of the signs of the soon return which the believers should get acquainted with.

All Nations Follow America's Lead Maranatha pg. 214
When all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. Dan. 3:7.

History will be repeated. False religion will be exalted. The first day of the week, a common working day, possessing no sanctity whatever, will be set up as was the image at Babylon. All nations and tongues and peoples will be commanded to worship this spurious sabbath. This is Satan's plan to make of no account the day instituted by God, and given to the world as a memorial of creation.

The decree enforcing the worship of this day is to go forth to all the world.
As America, the land of religious liberty, shall unite with the papacy in forcing the conscience and compelling men to honor the false sabbath, the people of every country on the globe will be led to follow her example.

Foreign nations will follow the example of the United States. Though she leads out, yet the same crisis will come upon our people in all parts of the world.

Nations will be stirred to their very center. Support will be withdrawn from those who proclaim God's only standard of righteousness, the only sure test of character. And all who will not bow to the decree of the national councils and obey the national laws to exalt the sabbath instituted by the man of sin, to the disregard of God's holy day, will feel, not the oppressive power of popery alone, but of the Protestant world, the image of the beast.

The season of distress before God's people will call for a faith that will not falter. His children must make it manifest that He is the only object of their worship, and that no consideration, not even that of life itself, can induce them to make the least concession to false worship. To the loyal heart the commands of sinful, finite men will sink into insignificance beside the word of the eternal God. Truth will be obeyed though the result be imprisonment or exile or death.

Views: 1315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this most important post.

And to all who have posted to, or read, this thread.a hearty hello to each of you also.

At the moment I don't have the time to fully explain what is taking place world-wide as things relate to "Sunday Laws." All I can say is let me assure you that the information in Joseph's OP is just barely the tip of the iceburg. As I post this, the world is preparing for "the perfect storm" when it comes to Sunday Laws and the final events of this world's history..Yet even most SDA don't see just how plainly the signs are being displayed.

With the above in mind I'd like to give you some insight into basic human psychology. I say "basic psycology" because it is true in the most advanced, or the most backward, society.

Rule #1: People are more afraid of benifits being lost than they are eager for benifits to be gained..In other words people don't want to take a chance on loosing what they already have. This is especially true where finances are involved as well as their lifestyle.

Rule #2: There are only two ways to take total control of another human being.. The first is, if you are big enough and strong enough, you can physically take hold of them and force them into submisasion. The second is to control their pocketbook. I've heard it said that "the wallet is the largest nerve leading straight to the brain."

Today we find the entire world trying to hang onto their 'pocketbooks.' People are already donig things that most of us thought impossible just a short while ago in an attempt to hold onto their money and their lifestyle. If you think about it you will realize that if anyone, no matter whether they be a political figure or a religious figure, offers the people of the world financia stability and securitry, the whole world is ready to do whatever they are ask to do to hang onto their money. Those who have absolutely no Christian beliefs, or intrest, are affected just as surly as we will be. Can you say "Sunday Law?"

There is much, much, more that could be said but for now I'm out of time. I'll try to come back later with more information.

Respectfully, your friend and brother in Christ,
Doc
CBS recently came out with a segment where they seem to uplift the suppossed "benefits" the Sunday Blue Laws of the early 18 and 1900's had. One individual in this interview is actually pushing for a return to sunday laws:

-Attack on the Sabbath and the Coming Sunday Law Part 3

In Jesus, the Solution,
Edwin M. Cotto
Thanks Joseph for that post.
I have some few questions on the Sunday law enforcement.
1 I personally was taught in my bible classes that not all the signs predicting the end of time will happen in all the countries world wide some will happen in some parts of the world and the others will also happen in other countries.Now my question is,will this sundry law be enforced in all countries world wide or in only some parts of the world.

2 Are there some places where the Sunday law has already been enforced or we are still waiting for it to happen in the near future.
God bless you.
Rev. 13:16-17 KJV
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The Mark of the Beast (Sunday reverence) will be universal.
Other signs leading to the second coming won't be universal, they'll happen in some places but not universally on all lands e.g the predicted fireballs, earthquakes etc.

Yes there are some places where weak Sunday laws are in place and functional e.g an Eastern European strongly catholic state, Croatia and others which some discussants have mentioned above.
We know the universal superpower in USA as prophesy shows, She will play a major role in restoring papacy.

All I can say, very soon the crisis is coming and It'll not spare anyone except those who will be found zealous for God in the order of Joseph, Phinehas son of Eleazor son of Aaron, Elijah, Ezra, Nehemiah, Daniel, John the Baptist etc.
I recommend you to read Last Day Events, it has a collection of all prophetess White's quotes regarding the second coming.
Edwin M Cotto has a good article "National Sunday Law Question"
May Jesus come soon.
As already someone had already pointed out Obama's website debate Sunday Law...

So perhaps we should consider enacting a Sunday Law. Not to restrict people from working, but to give liberty to those who can't choose. And imagine the tax dollars that would be saved?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/Tritium/gG5ngR

This initial debate by a blogger may seem harmless but may drive to a more serious direction One Sunday Law, One America, one Christian...Catholicism..mmmm
So was this blog this persons opinions? It seems they would agree with it based on "advantages" the country would see : /
The following is not of SDA teaching but...

The Jubilee Calendar Page 111

God created the Jubilee Calendar. It is incredibly precise and God put this calendar in motion two literal weeks before the Exodus in 1437 B.C. By divine decree, God forced Israel to abandon their use of the Egyptian calendar (a summer-to-summer calendar) when He imposed His spring-to-spring Jubilee Calendar on them. (Exodus 12:1) Although this is not the place to present the function and fullness of God’s Calendar, four topics with the Jubilee Calendar need to be discussed to show how 1994 connects with the book of Revelation.

A. Even though God required Israel to let the land rest from cultivation every seventh year, Israel did not observe the seventh year Sabbath rest while in the desert. (This makes sense since they did not grow crops in the desert.) However, the words in Leviticus 25:2 cause some people to think that cycles of seven years began when Israel entered Canaan. This understanding is incorrect. God started counting cycles of seven years at the time of the Exodus and the proof is rather simple. It only takes two steps. First, we have to align the date of Christ’s death with the middle of the seventieth week and second, we have to
identify one Jubilee year.

For reasons beyond the scope of this study, it can be proven beyond reasonable argument
that Jesus died on Friday, Nisan 14 (April 7), A.D. 30. (For a comprehensive study on
this topic, see my book, Daniel, Unlocked for the Final Generation, pages 196-208.)
Once this date is determined, the synchrony of the weekly cycle of years becomes known
because Daniel 9 declares that Messiah would die in the middle of the seventieth week.
Therefore, A.D. 30 has to be a Wednesday year because Wednesday is always the middle
day of the week. Now that we know A.D. 30 was a Wednesday year, we can identify all
Sunday years forward and backward. For example, A.D. 27 and 457 B.C. were Sunday years, and A.D. 1844 was a Thursday year…..

The Bottom Line Page 126

I believe there is a definite connection between the number “seventy” and 1994, and there is also a definite connection between the number “seventy” and the duration of sin. We can see that from Creation, God allotted a total of 7,000 years for sin. I call this time period, the Grand Week (each day of the week translates as 1,000 years – Psalm 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8). The evidence aligns backward and forward. From the beginning, God foreknew the limits of His patience with sin and He deliberately set the duration of sin to be seventy (7 x 10) centuries or 7,000 years! When God’s use of seventy is further synthesized, I find that God’s patience with Jews and Christians ended in 1994. In other words, for purposes of proclaiming the gospel, God abandoned human organizations in 1994. The 144,000 will not be an organized body of people. Rather, they will be a group of diverse individuals upon whom the Holy Spirit rests. Seventy Jubilee cycles ended
in 1994 and there is no further need to translate apocalyptic time as a day for a year. In 1994, God gave the seven angels the seven trumpets and they are armed and ready, waiting for the divine command to harm Earth. Because the second and third trumpets involve asteroid impacts, I do not think it is coincidental that God gave the whole world a “prophetic sample” of coming events in 1994. You may recall the implosion of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 into Jupiter during July 1994. That marvelous event was televised and published worldwide. Those impact craters on Jupiter for the past fifteen years have been a harbinger of coming asteroid impacts on Earth. The comet, Shoemaker-Levy 9, broke up into a string of twenty-one chunks as it approached Jupiter and as these chunks
accelerated into Jupiter’s gravity, they created the most powerful explosions ever witnessed by mankind. In fact, one impact crater is so large that three planets the size of Earth can fit in it!
Summary
Even though the Bible does not explicitly say when the seven angels received the seven trumpets, and even though the Bible does not mention 1994, I conclude that Jesus gave the seven trumpets to the seven angels in April 1994 because God’s patience with Earth ended with seventy Jubilee cycles. According to His great mercy, God granted Israel thirty Jubilee cycles and the Gentiles forty Jubilee cycles. Arriving at 1994 is not easy and a fair amount of skepticism is warranted. Nevertheless, I believe that a synthesis of the topics just discussed will rule out any other date. In summary, here are five major points:
1. Two Different Ways of Measuring Time – There has to a valid rule governing the
interpretation of apocalyptic time because it is clear that some prophetic time-periods are to be translated and some are not. Based on the information presented above, I have drawn the line at 1994. Prior to 1994, a day is translated as a year in apocalyptic prophecy. After the expiration of the Jubilee Calendar in 1994, the translation of time is not permitted or justified. I cannot accept the premise that expositors of prophecy are free to interpret apocalyptic time according to personal whim or opinion because apocalyptic prophecy is based on a very intelligent design and God’s Word speaks for itself.

2. The Jubilee Calendar – The Jubilee Calendar did not end at the cross for two reasons. First, Jesus died in the middle of the seventieth week; therefore, the seventieth week was unfinished at the cross. Second, the 2,300 days of Daniel 8:14 operate on both sides of the cross; therefore the Jubilee Calendar and the translation of a day for a year operates on both sides of the cross. In this particular case, the 2,300 day year prophecy extends from 457 B.C. to A.D. 1844. The Jubilee Calendar did not end in 1844, and the Great Day of Sabbath does not end until 1994.

3. The Great Week – The time between the Exodus in 1437 B.C. and the dedication of
Solomon’s temple in 947 B.C. was 490 years. Then, the time between the dedication of
Solomon’s temple and the decree of King Artaxerxes in 457 B.C. was another 490 years. Then, the seventy weeks in Daniel consisted of 490 years. Since there are three units of 490 years each, they suggest the presence of an ongoing pattern. Today, we know that God gave the Jews exactly thirty Jubilee cycles of grace – to the very year. It also appears that God gave the Gentiles forty Jubilee cycles of grace (A.D. 34-1994). These two period of grace total seventy Jubilee cycles in all. Using the weekly template and aligning each unit of 490 years as a Great Day, we find the presence of a Great Week. When the Great Week ends, so does the translation of apocalyptic time.

4. Full Cup Principle – Evidently, God uses the numbers seven and ten to express the limits of divine forbearance. When Israel violated seventy Sabbath years, they were exiled to Babylon for seventy years. When God gave Israel a second chance, He gave the nation seventy weeks. We also see God’s use of seven and ten used during Israel’s annual judgment day, the Day of Atonement. This special day occurred on the tenth day of the seventh month. Furthermore, the dragon and the leopard-like beast in Revelation 12 and 13 have seven heads and ten horns. The heads and horns represent the sum of religious and political powers on Earth. Finally, the whole drama of sin fits neatly into seventy centuries (7,000 years). In other words, when the millennial Sabbath ends (seventh millennium), Earth will be made new.

5. God’s Timing Is Perfect – We find throughout the Bible that God’s timing is always perfect. He knows no haste or delay. Given this fact, two things stand out very prominently. First, if we translate the apocalyptic prophetic time periods prior to 1994 according to God’s calendar (a day for a year) and if we treat all apocalyptic time periods after 1994 as literal time periods, everything written about timing in apocalyptic prophecy harmoniously aligns with a 7,000 year picture for the duration of sin. (Sin is destroyed at the end of the 1,000 years in Revelation 20.)

Second, now that we understand what the seven trumpets are, if we align Revelation 8:2 with the end of seventy Jubilee cycles, it seems most appropriate that Jesus would give the seven angels the seven trumpets because God’s patience with mankind ran out in1994. We are living on borrowed time! In fact, giving the seven angels the seven trumpets in 1994 is the only way I know of to explain from the Bible the delay that is imposed on the first four angels in Revelation 7.
When all of the items discussed in this segment are aligned with a working knowledge of God’s Jubilee Calendar and the precision of God’s actions, there appears to be only one “biblically reasoned” date for Revelation 8:2 and 1994 is that date. Again, I say, “With God, timing is everything.”

http://www.wake-up.org/Revelation/RevTrumpets.pdf
European bishops back proposed EU law on Sunday rest

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=15107

Retailers sack workers as "Never on Sunday" law kicks in

http://www.neurope.eu/articles/91886.php

French parliament delays debate on Sunday law

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/afx/2009/01/06/afx5883703.html

Great expectations: World issues dominate Vatican hopes for Obama
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- The Vatican has struck a positive tone as it opens relations with the administration of President Barack Obama, emphasizing hopes for cooperation on issues of peace and social justice, and….

Vatican diplomats were disappointed at the Bush administration's peace-promoting efforts in the Holy Land. They said those efforts came late and that the most promising initiative -- the peace conference in Annapolis, Md., in late 2007 -- was not followed up with diplomatic pressure.

But on Inauguration Day, there was a strong hope at the Vatican that Obama, who is seen as an intelligent politician, would not pick unnecessary fights with the church. As a sign of just how closely the Vatican was watching the president's words and deeds and how willing it was to accentuate the positive

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0900308.htm

Obama, president of US bishops hold private meeting

"The president and Cardinal George discussed a wide range of issues, including important opportunities for the government and the Catholic Church to continue their long-standing partnership to tackle some of the nation's most pressing challenges," said the White House statement. "The president thanked Cardinal George for his leadership and for the contributions of the Catholic Church in America and around the world."

The statement from the USCCB said: "The meeting was private....

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0901238.htm
What are the Odds of a National Sunday Law?

In order to extricate themselves from this predicament Seventh-day Adventists have invented a far-fetched end-time scenario which is not even remotely found anywhere in the Bible. According to Adventists, Satan is going to masquerade as Jesus, in order to convince the world to pass Sunday laws. Satan is going to appear as Jesus in certain places of the earth and somehow convince the entire world to start worshipping on Sunday and kill those keeping the Sabbath. Stop for a moment and consider how ludicrous this truly is. We ask, what Christian is going to believe a Christ who wants to kill people for going to church on Saturday? Christ Himself said,

"For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." (Luke 9:56)

Who is going to believe a Christ that directly contradicts the words He spoke in the Bible? Christ would not even allow Peter to use his sword in self defense! Can you imagine Christ ordering people to be murdered for worshipping Him on the Sabbath? We ask, What Christian is going to be foolish enough to believe a Christ who wants to kill people for no better reason than that they go to church on a Saturday? The Bible clearly says Satan is a murderer (see John 8:44). Who is going to believe a Christ that wants to murder certain Christians? One would have to look far and wide to find a single Christian that is asinine enough to believe Christ is a murderer! If Satan made an appearance touting a "kill the Sabbath-keepers" plan, and tried to foist such an incredibly absurd ploy upon the world, the entire world would probably rise up against him and crucify him!

Why would Satan attempt something so self-defeating as passing a Sunday law? He is doing just fine now! The world is rapidly moving into a post-Christian era. Some claim that Australia and Europe have already entered a post-Christian era and the United States is not far behind. Pagan, New Age, and occultic religions are experiencing a tremendous surge in popularity. Secularism, materialism, and sensualism are eating out the heart of Christianity. Why are Adventists looking into the future for persecution? Christians are already suffering record numbers of persecutions through-out the world. With all the success he is currently enjoying, persecuting Christians and leading people away from Christianity, why would Satan want to establish laws enforcing a traditional Christian practice upon the world? If he did so, he would be turning people's attention back towards Christianity, forcing people to spend time contemplating God. He would be fighting his own best interests!

http://www.ellenwhite.org/nsl/egw22c.htm
[quote]Satan is going to appear as Jesus in certain places of the earth and somehow convince the entire world to start worshipping on Sunday and kill those keeping the Sabbath.[/quote]

Where exactly did Ellen, or do we teach that he is going to tell people to kill sabbath keepers?
The author place some paradox statements here and there...

The essence of this writing is in the last paragraph...

Why would Satan attempt something so self-defeating as passing a Sunday law? He is doing just fine now!

Pagan, New Age, and occultic religions are experiencing a tremendous surge in popularity. Secularism, materialism, and sensualism are eating out the heart of Christianity.

Why are Adventists looking into the future for persecution?

With all the success he is currently enjoying, persecuting Christians and leading people away from Christianity, why would Satan want to establish laws enforcing a traditional Christian practice upon the world? If he did so, he would be turning people's attention back towards Christianity, forcing people to spend time contemplating God. He would be fighting his own best interests!

Why would he kill Sabbath keepers.....that would only turning people's attention back towards Christianity..

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24 NKJV

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service