Adventist Online

Why is it that SO many take Ellen White literally when she said:

"For years the voice of God has been saying to us, "Agitate, agitate, agitate." {CSW 36.2} ?

Views: 164

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Do you even know what the meaning is here?She is saying STUDY THE BIBLE. Are we not to study the Bible then? If the shoe fits, wear it.

Divine Aid in the Search for Truth

Point after point of truth should be investigated; for there is no limitation to the truth of God, and in its study a most lively interest should be felt by both teachers and pupils, that they may know what God
hath said. For years the voice of God has been saying to us, "Agitate, agitate, agitate." Study every point of truth, that you may know for yourselves what is truth in distinction from error. Let students search for themselves, that they may know the deep things of God. Let this work be done in the Spirit of Christ. Put no restriction upon the students. {CSW 36.2}
In searching the Scriptures there is need of great humility of mind and contrition of heart, of seeking earnestly unto God. Those who come in a lowly spirit, seeking for truth, will be aided in their search by the angels of God.--TSS 55, 56. {CSW 37.1}
Do you know what a parable is Stephen?

Well that is what this thread is.
Young man in my understanding a parable is a story with a lesson or illustration of something ....for instance ... one of Jesus' favorite topics for parables was the kingdom of God .... prefacing with the words
The Kingdom of heaven is like unto..... ?
I'll let you use your imagination
As I said it is not about a parable. You are trying to assign a very different meaning to EGW's quote. No one is fooled by your tactics. Using the testimony of Jesus Christ in this manner will get you nowhere.
Hello & AMEN Brother
" Study every point of TRUTH, that you may know for yourselves what is TRUTH in distinction from error. Let students search for themselves, that they may know the deep things of God. Let this work be done in the Spirit of Christ. Put no restriction upon the students. {CSW 36.2}
In searching the Scriptures there is need of great humility of mind and contrition of heart, of seeking earnestly unto God. Those who come in a lowly spirit, seeking for truth, will be aided in their search by the angels of God.--TSS 55, 56. {CSW 37.1}
Lol, I get it, N Him. That's great. :D
let's not take the spirit of Prophecy out of context to stir up controversy. Since I posted the whole context, it will not work. Here are the meanings of the word agitate from the 1828 Webster's dictionry, the same one Ellen White used :

AGITATE, v.t. [L. agito, from ago. See Act.]
1. To stir violently; to move back and forth with a quick motion; to shake or move briskly; as, to agitate water in a vessel.
2. To move or force into violent irregular action; as, the wind agitates the sea.
3. To disturb, or excite into tumult; as, to agitate the mind or passions.
4. To discuss; to debate; to controvert; as, to agitate a question.
5. To consider on all sides; to revolve in the mind, or view in all its aspects; to contrive by mental deliberation; as, politicians agitate desperate designs.
6. To move or actuate. [Not used.]

Quite obviously # 4 is her meaning here, what are you trying to imply? Something else? What has a parable have to do with this thread? Nothing.
To each his or her own. It was not meant for everyone to appreciate. I am sure that some will not. If not just pick up yur bags and move on. If one is objecting to this ... I think that is very instructive.
I find it very unsettling that you cannot recognize the intent of this thread...
I agree Travis. Some just do not want to hear the message. Or they are totally blind. Some times I think that Stephen just has it out for me and refuses to understand anything I post no matter how clear it might be.
If that's the case... love your enemies. :D

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by