Adventist Online

Why is it that SO many take Ellen White literally when she said:

"For years the voice of God has been saying to us, "Agitate, agitate, agitate." {CSW 36.2} ?

Views: 195

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Amen. But I have no enemies. I consider them friends, brothers and sisters.
So Please explain to me what you are saying about a parable.... was Ellen White speaking in a parable ?
Did she use parables ? or just expound upon them? or are you sharing a parable ? I read the statement and it seems to say we should not take what she says literally .... or with a grain of salt so to speak ,,,? .is there some unknown meaning to these things that only you underestand or no body undrstands ? I guess just what do you mean by have you ever heard of a parable ? in regards to the Spirit of Prophesy? ...
i see the intent. it is to take Ellen White out of context. W use come words differently than some did over a 100 years ago.Agitate now would mean to start a riot or something like that.You both think you're being clever but you show your disrespect for the work of the Holy Spirit.Period
Okay, let me spell it out for you. N Him was making a JOKE. He's talking about certain people (who shall remain anonymous in this post) who feel that they must upset those who do not see exactly as they do. He was using that quote as a humorous example to suggest why (these certain people) must think that they have a God-given mandate to be argumentative.
Exactly. I apologize if it was not readily apparent to all. But maybe you can consider this an 'inside' joke that just the regulars could 'get'. And if you don't like jokes ... go to another thread. BTW ... it is impossible and not advisable to quote a quote "in" context. The context is different to each person. The only way would be to quote the entire book and that would not be enough for some. NO. Context needs to be and is an individual experience and determenant. The reference is all one needs. They then can try to determine for themselves what the context is. IOWs it is not my job to determine for anyone what the context is. I refuse to do that.
Ya know I am prefacing my statemnts with a honest questons and have the desire and intent to be a help to others and not simply arguentative ....and honestly tried to understand where you were coming from here ....and a Joke some how here just doesn't touch my funny bone ..... I would like to know if you apprecated the comments I make and the candid answeres and homesty I intend to give to these discussions... and if you wish me to not say anything in your posts then at least will know how you feel about my presence here as a new menber of this web site .... ...
Like I said before. This thread is probably not for you. But I do look forward to your comments on other threads. This one is probably more appropriate for just a few old timers who can know what has been going on with some who like to agitate.
She also wrote " Woe Woe Woe "
" Educate! Educate ! Educate!v"
" Get Ready!! Get Ready !! Get Ready!!
These things were seen By this person in dreams or visions .... So what do you say we do with these things ? take them literally or are they just parables? What are You saying ?
Imagine all the possible meanings of the word "agitate", then imagine the way some people act to try to express their views.

I think you're taking N Him too literally. ;)
no, N HIM has a history of taking a lot of things out of context.n HIM posted a partial quote that said "agitate, agitate, agitate, and left it at that. N HIM knew the context was to study the Bible but no one would know that unless they saw the whole context,
Quick definitions (agitate)

▸ verb: try to stir up public opinion
▸ verb: change the arrangement or position of
▸ verb: cause to be agitated, excited, or roused
▸ verb: move or cause to move back and forth
▸ verb: move very slightly
▸ verb: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for.

The word at first glance has a negative context, what is some one supposed to think when they read N HIM's partial quote? Confusion.Doubt, perhaps. We are supposed to edify one another in the love and spirit of Christ, not cause confusion and controversy. It is irresponsible to give that partial quote without the real meaning.Giving the WHOLE quote may inspire someone to study the Bible, because that was the intent of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit's intent is never to cause confusion.

That is the reason that I came right behind to give the whole quote, to lessen the chance of someone being confused and misled.
You completely misunderstand his intentions. I did not experience confusion or doubt when I read his original post. I laughed. And for another hint, focus on the definition "To upset; disturb".
The word of God is not joke, if its aimed at me, it does not upset or disturb me.I don't have anything to be concerned about, I am not the one doing this.

Ecc 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service