Adventist Online

Why is it that SO many take Ellen White literally when she said:

"For years the voice of God has been saying to us, "Agitate, agitate, agitate." {CSW 36.2} ?

Views: 177

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

No. Did he post a partial quote or did he not? It is what it is, nothing else.
Read my last post. It's called humor.
we take the whole context literally Ellen White was not given prophetic symbolism. We need to post the whole context, not part. That way the purpose and intent of the Holy Spirit. can edify the saints.
It's called a joke.
Wasn't it Elisha that chastised the children for making fun of Him who was the lords prophet ?
wasn't it a few bears that came out t the wild and began to rear at and wound those children .... I don't hope this on any one but I thought these were given for our admonition upon whom the ends of the world are come and we were to learn a lesson regarding these things ... ? doesn't this show us how God feels about this ? and will he not in the last days do simlar things especially now ? I don't knw oabout you but i like the Idea of being covered... attonement !! Kafar....a covered vessel.... the application of the Blood of Our Massiah ..... I want to be prepared for what's comng soon ...and May God Do the same for us all ...
Except... nobody's making fun of Ellen White. Or any other prophet. Or God.
Travis, it is what it is, if some want to misuse the Spirit of Prophecy and use it for jokes, or "cleverness" it doesn't hurt me.Because you say something "isn't" that doesn't mean it "isn't." You cannot take a true statement and say it is false, it just does not work.

Those who misapply the Bible and or EGW are only hurting themselves and those who get caught up in it.

Some who are young, (older people too) may think that striving for salvation is some kind of easy joke, but I assure you it is not.

Mat 7:13 Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.
The joke is not on Ellen White. The joke is on people such as you who want to agitate agitate agitate. People come here to share ... not to be agitated by those who think they have all the answers and feel they have to nit pic each and every person and post.
You need to go and read the rules again and stop making personal attacks
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

It will be found in the day of final settlement that God was acquainted with everyone by name. There is an unseen witness to every action of the life. "I know thy works," says He that "walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks." Revelation 2:1. It is known what opportunities have been slighted, how untiring have been the efforts of the Good Shepherd to search out those who were wandering in crooked ways, and to bring them back to the path of safety and peace. Again and again God has called after the pleasure lovers; again and again He has flashed the light of His word across their path, that they might see their peril, and escape. But on and on they go, jesting and joking as they travel the broad road, until at length their probation is ended. God's ways are just and equal; and when sentence is pronounced against those who are found wanting, every mouth will be stopped. 82 {CCh 74.1}
Angels are watching over and guarding us; we often grieve these angels by indulging in trifling conversation, jesting, and joking, and also by sinking down into a careless, stupid state. Although we may now and then make an effort for the victory and obtain it, yet if we do not keep it, but sink down into the same careless, indifferent state, unable to endure temptations and resist the enemy, we do not endure the trial of our faith that is more precious than gold. We are not suffering for Christ's sake, and glorying in tribulation. {EW 111.2}
In our mingling in society, in families or in whatever relations of life we are placed, either limited or extended, there are many ways wherein we may acknowledge our Lord and many ways wherein we may deny Him. We may deny Him in our words, by speaking evil of others, by foolish talking, jesting and joking, by idle or unkind words, or by prevaricating, speaking contrary to truth. In our words we may confess that Christ is not in us. In our character we may deny Him by loving our ease, by shunning the duties and burdens of life which someone must bear if we do not, and by loving sinful pleasure. We may also deny Christ by pride of dress and conformity to the world, or by uncourteous behavior. We may deny Him by loving our own opinions and by seeking to maintain and justify self. We may also deny Him in allowing the mind to run in the channel of lovesick sentimentalism and to brood over our supposed hard lot and trials. {CCh 81.2}
Ha Ha Ha.

Very Funny. I love your comedy Stephen. You have a good sense of humor and I like that in people.
I'm sorry the Bible and the SOP must be funny to you, I guess no other answer is possible is it?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service