Adventist Online

"Is it okay to get tattoos if they are of a Christian nature?"

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes..it is well understood that every choices is a very personal kind of thing even something that related to our Salvation in Jesus Christ. BUT Hebrews 10:26 says "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins.." Now which one is correct? i believed that although making tattoos is merely our personal choice but as friends and brethren in Christ Jesus, i would like that everyone who has that intention to withdraw and just forget about it. But i would like to encourage those who already have it in their body since before knowing Jesus Christ and the truth, encourage others not to follow your suits. God bless...
Tattoo in the Biblical understanding is in fact a sign of covenant or testament being made either to be slaves or master, especially in the Old Testament(example: "ring" Eze 16:12 And I put a ring on your nose, and earrings in your ears, and a beautiful crown on your head." and some other texts) but we cannot really denied even in the New Testament too, it was mentioned that tattoo is a significant sign of either God's people or otherwise. But what do you think when someone is making tattoo(s) and put rings at his/her ears, tongues, eyebrow and so on? What signs is that? With whom that covenant has been made?(with yourself?) You see the issue here is, when someone is making tattoo(s) in their body, there must be some desire that force them to do it. one of the desire is for enjoyment and pleasure whatmore to say praise and adoration. Now, from our Christian and Biblical perspectives, we have to understand that whatever we do to ourselves has a purpose. if some is saying that his/her tattoo is for beautifying himself/herself, it's totally wrong. because GOd has already created us beautiful and gorgeous. so when some is saying that, he/she is in fact substituting His/Creator's place and respects that should be due to Him alone. He/she who has such tattoo with that mindsets are forgetting their God as their subject of praise and their ownership should and supposed to be unto Him alone. this is some short discussion..keep in touch..GBU!
Is the use of nail polish in the same catagory as tattoos. I guess the difference is that tattoos are usually black and polish is usually a variety of colors.

What about lip stick?

Blush?
These are temporary, are they not? I'd have to question where it falls under modesty though. If ever I got the question. I can see all sorts of opinions coming out of this one though. Tough Q.
So tattoos are okay as long as they are temporary?

Also I hear that even the 'real' tattoos can be removed. So does that justify them?

Oh well .... where there is no light ... there is no sin.

"If light comes, and that light is set aside, or rejected, then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject." (Spiritual Gifts Volume 4b , page 3)
No. I did not intend this with my message, neither did I say because make up is temp that it is ok either. I just didn't expand cuz I see many opinions coming out from that.

Yeah, I believe there is some laser or something that can in fact remove them.

But where there is light... you already know. This is not a confusing subject. :)
By now Jose .... you should know that I always try to confuse things by presenting another side. Just like to think things through. Ha Ha.
I know :)
Yeah, somewhat tough question and I'm sure there's alot of opinions out there on this. But my question is what would be the reason that one is using the nail polish, lipstick, or blush? Would it be a necessity or a "just because I think it's pretty" type deal?
Well, I did ask once my girlfriends with the same question which you have raised if I may quote it...

what would be the reason that one is using the nail polish, lipstick, or blush? Would it be a necessity or a "just because I think it's pretty" type deal?

Majority their answer is, putting those things will make them feel good and look beautiful...",

What do you think? Is it an acceptable answer? ",
Why should one do it,
for me it does no good to our model body, meaning we don't appreciate who we really are and how beautiful or handsome we are befor God and our fellow human comany....

i would'nt advocate for it
I pity the poor soul that comes into "your churches" wearing some makeup or having some tattoos. There you all will be sitting in your pews looking down your noses at them, and I dare say you will be lucky to see them back in your church.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service