Adventist Online

"Is it okay to get tattoos if they are of a Christian nature?"

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, thats one approach.. not a fan though. How about this?

Receive the one to come into the church wearing make up, or having tattoos, and apply "love your neighbor as yourself". Invite them for lunch, and to church activities and so forth. From there also study on various Bible truths. Eventually, when you may see a time where they are open to it, discuss the topic of tattoos with them as well. Not by our own opinion, but by the Word of God, which is clear and straightforward. The existing relationship at this point should allow this study to go smoothly, of course, also inviting the Holy Spirit to study along with..

Why do people always do exactly what they think those who stand up for truth are doing? No one is judging and looking down. How about clarifying and holding on to truth. Yeah, I like that one. More accurate ;)
Great post indeed! It is not good to encourage others to do it because it is doing against the will of God. Something that is wrong is not good for a Christian to motivate or encourage others to do it... ",
The Scripture Verses

I believe there are 5 key Scripture verses that need to be grouped together to get what God's opinion may really be on this issue. I will go ahead and run them all together, and then comment on how I feel they may be shedding some light on this very controversial issue.

"You shall not make ANY CUTTINGS IN YOUR FLESH for the dead, nor TATTOO ANY MARKS on you: I am the Lord" (Leviticus 19:28)

"Do NOT think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did NOT come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." (Matthew 5:17-18)

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:19)

"If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are." (1 Corinthians 3:17)
I believe that when you
tattoos and cuttings, peircings and such are forbidden by the Lord. The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, in which he will not reside with those who mutilate it.
Throughout history the tattoo bears the mark of paganism, demonism, Baal worship, shamanism, mysticism, heathenism, cannibalism and just about every other pagan belief known. The tattoo has NEVER been associated with Bible Believing Christians. And whenever and wherever, in history Christianity appears – tattoos disappear. The only exception -- 20th century, lukewarm, carnal, disobedient, Laodicean Christians.

The birth of the tattoo has always born the fruits of pagan religion and mysticism. Without exception, research after research, study after study, book after book, the roots of the tattoo never wavers. The following documentation is just a small (very small) drop of the ocean of research documenting the pagan and demonic source of the tattoo.

Please remember. . . The following documentation is from pro-tattoo books simply documenting the obvious spiritual and religious link to the tattoo. These are not Christian writers trying to paint a negative portrait of the tattoo. No matter how much the carnal, rebellious, Christian desires to justify their perverse reasoning for "marking" themselves with the forbidden demonic tattoo, the facts are loud and clear, backed by tons of research and documentation by the leading pro-tattoo authorities on the planet – the foundation, origin, meaning and purposes of the tattoo is pagan demonism, shamanism, Baal worship, and occult mysticism.

A tattooist in many cultures is also a shaman, magick-man, priest or priestess. According to the dictionary a shaman is a "intermediary between the natural and supernatural worlds, using magic to cure illness, foretell the future, control spiritual forces, etc." (www.infoplease.com/ipd/A0648969.html)

"Tattooing is often a magical rite in the more traditional cultures, and the tattooist is respected as a priest or shaman."
(Michelle Delio, Tattoo: The Exotic Art of Skin Decoration, p. 73)
"In Fiji, Fromosa, New Zealand and in certain of the North American Indian tribes, tattooing was regard as a religious ceremony, and performed by priests or priestesses."
(Ronald Scutt, Art, Sex and Symbol, 1974, p. 64) http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/pagan.html
How can someone run around claiming to be christian and at the same time getting tattoos? A baptized pagan comes to mind. Tattoos are gross, disgusting examples of witchcraft
Would you say that coffee drinking is in the same class?

"Tea and coffee drinkers carry the marks upon their faces. The skin becomes sallow and assumes a lifeless appearance. The glow of health is not seen upon the countenance." {CH 87.3}
It's another issue to settle my dear brother... ", Let's focus only on this particular issue...",
The real question is... why would you want to pay someone to inject ink permanently into your skin?
yeah, that's the question actually...hehehehe. What's with it?
tattoos of Christian nature? i guess they are so many ways we human trying to express out our Christian identity. i guess, what u r trying to tell us here is expressing our Christian identity through such tattooing. My brother in Christ Jesus, i'm not against anybody in this tattooing thing, but there are few questions we need to ask to ourselves. 1st is : WHY tattoos of Christian natures?
2nd: What is the purpose of having tattoos of Christian nature?
3rd: Where does tattoos comes from originally?
4th: How does it makes you feels, before & after u have that "Christian tattoos"?
5th: Who gave u a boost to be more "Christian" & "godly" living? was it your tattoos or because of your love and faith in Jesus?

There are many questions that we can ask to urselves whenever we feel like to do something which is our of Christian norms..let's learn together, and be always study the reasons,purposes, objectives, goals of everything..because what

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service