Adventist Online

Views: 926

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

See also Companion Bible Appendix 25 The Nephilim or Giants of Genesis 6 etc.
You don't understand that fallen angels are demons, and their job is to steal, kill and destroy? John 10:10 reveals the contrast between the Devil and the Son Of God. It is common for demon/human sex in Satanic covens as demons are spiritual beings that can come into concretion in many forms. It is hard for me to explain in these short pages what I have studied over the decades. The Nephilim is well settled in scripture, but certainly not in your understanding obviously.

So many of you have strong opinions but have not spent the time studying scripture, history etc.

True, true, we tend to forget this verse of scripture

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Our prayer should be

Psalm 51:9-11

Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

AND

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24

Blessing

Thanks James. I am going to read these chapters and verses and look at the commentaries on them. I wonder at times if we forget that everything that God does, creates, or says the enemy presents a counterfeit. This has been going on from Eden. This practice has intensified and the ploys are more pervasive. We need to just open our eyes and SEE.

Love

Sister I pray that God gives you and each one of us the ability to see truth from error and not fall for false doctrines and seducing spirits that will catch us unawares.

Test all things according to scripture and see if they stand the test and if they do not then pay no attention to them because if you do, you will continue to flame the fires of falsehood and deceit.

James, the word "Nephilim" (that is the correct spelling) does not appear in the Bible other than it being a Hebrew word which is translated by the English word "giant". The giants being referred to are tall humans. It has nothing to do with angels having sex with humans.

The "sons of God" referred to were those who maintained obedience and fidelity to God, the "daughters of men" referred to the offspring of those who disassociated themselves from God and followed their own way.

Whilst you have given a list of scripture all you have done is present a list of all the verses that have the word "giant" in them. None of these verses speak about hybrids with fallen angels, that is not Biblical.

Hey JohnB

That explanation is spot on and that's what I have come to learn with regards to daughters of men and sons of God.

However it seems like some are hell bent on putting a spin on things that make no sense.

Amalgamation is alluded to by the SOP Gerald.

Love

Hi John 

This is true " None of these verses speak about hybrids with fallen angels, that is not Biblical." 

However, 'The "sons of God" referred to were those who maintained obedience and fidelity to God, the "daughters of men" referred to the offspring of those who disassociated themselves from God and followed their own way.' This as far as I have studied is also not in bible either. It is in the Patriarchs and Prophets '  “For some time the two classes remained separate. The race of Cain, spreading from the place of their first settlement, dispersed over the plains and valleys where the children of Seth had dwelt; and the latter, in order to escape from their contaminating influence, withdrew to the mountains, and there made their home. So long as this separation continued, they maintained the worship of God in its purity. But in the lapse of time they ventured, little by little, to mingle with the inhabitants of the valleys. This association was productive of the worst results. "The sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair." The children of Seth, attracted by the beauty of the daughters of Cain's descendants, displeased the Lord by intermarrying with them. Many of the worshipers of God were beguiled into sin by the allurements that were now constantly before them, and they lost their peculiar, holy character' But we can not use the writings of Ellen White to prove a point even if we believe it ourselves . There so many people, even SDA who do not believe in Ellen White's writing. Their salvation does not depend on the acceptance of her writings.  Both sides could find verses to imply what they believe but implying is not the same as proving . In the end neither side will end up agreeing 

Romans 14

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

This speaking about eating but I think it also applies to beliefs about things we can not prove with out some doubt remaining  . 

.Romans 14

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.

I must say that I that what is in  Patriarchs and Prophets  seems to fit with what I see in the modern world. It is less offensive to our scientific minds. I tend to lean that way Yet I can see the other point of view. So I would be dogmatic about what I think on the topic . Just curious . Like why did the translators think  giant  was correct 
נָפִיל because it means fallen in Hebrew  The word giant-is Anak (noun) (ענק) It fact the Young's Literal Translation says Gen 6 : The fallen ones were in the earth in those days, and even afterwards when sons of God come in unto daughters of men, and they have borne to them -- they [are] the heroes, who, from of old, [are] the men of name. We must remember that Moses was not there and was trying to put into words that  were spoken to Him or maybe even revealed to him. Trying to use our modern language to explain what written thousands of years is very difficult. I speak modern Chinese and is hard sometimes to find the correct Chinese word for what I am trying to say. You can not  just use the dictionary you need to think like a Taiwanese thinks. Yet modern Chinese is closer to modern English than ancient  Chinese . The youth can not understand books even a few hundred years ago . Maybe the Holy Spirit helped in the translation but seem many times the King James and other Newer Bibles took some liberties in translating. I like to try to stay literal . One of the few points a I agree with John Calvin on.

Peace

Interesting Roland. I mostly use the KJV of the Bible. What we must do is to read as was instructed here

Isaiah 28:12 - 14 (KJV)

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

14 Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Yes Redva

Totally agree with you. Yet must those precept are truly there. The Church of Christ love those verses and they believe that you can not instrument in church worship. The Reform Church also use those verses a lot. They teach the doctrine of  hell . Why? because many of them  ignore the original language and take things at the context of the writer. Language is strongly influenced by the culture and traditions. But the Holy Spirit will let you know if something is off if you are seeking the truth, God will lead you to it. One of the gifts of the Spirit is to "understand all mysteries "   1 Cor. 13 . But is good to be careful with topics that lead to far the Cross.  Some topics are interesting but have no clear answer in the bible.

Herbert there are so many unrealistic thing happening around us because we have unfortunately allowed the enemy to control our thoughts, abilities and  usurp our God- given power in so much so that we are neither seen or felt in society- we are clueless, powerless and oblivious to the sneer we are in and our pitiful condition. While I agree that this site is not for purveyors, we do not even realize that we have become such for the devil due to our own actions and behavior.

The bed is holy and undefiled - God says this, He means this but even in the church in our matrimonial homes we have become more than salacious. May God help us.

Blessing  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by