Adventist Online

Are the 144,00 in Revelation literal? I have to wonder because Jesus repeatedly told us the end would be as the days of Noah and Lot. There were eight people in Noah's day and three in Lot's that found deliverance. Do we think things have gotten better today then as the days of Lot and Noah? I think not!! They are way worse today. So I wonder ..... is the 144,000 those who will make it to heaven since the flood of mankind till Jesus returns? It is hard to think that of all the people before the flood only eight found refuge and that more than 144,000 will make it into the kingdom of God when He comes to rescuse His beloved. Will there be more than 144,000 that make it out of this earth to the new earth or is that just wishful thinking on our parts? Please... I would like to know your thoughts (with scripture to back it up) on this matter. As always may the love and peace of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, be with you all!! 

Views: 2508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it could not be literal because we don't know which people are literal Jews today.  God does, but we don't need to determine such things.  But that the character of the 144,000 is what matters.  & that they follow the Lamb wherever He goes.

& that each one of us have had to overcome some difficult things- these determine which tribe we belong to, and thousands I can't remember I think 12,000 from these tribes go through various gates into the Holy City.  This ends up being the 144,000 which will follow the Lamb wherever He goes.  Not including the mixed multitude and the multitude that will be saved.

Spirit of Prophecy quote, "Who is to compose the hundred and forty-four thousand.  This those who are the elect of God will in a short time know without question."  7BC 978.4  7 Bible Commentary 978.4 but this is also a Spirit of Prophecy Quote.  

Selected Messages 1:174 (1901)

{Last Day Events 269.1}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com