Adventist Online

"If the preaching is of an emotional character, it will affect the feelings, but not the heart and conscience. Such preaching results in no lasting good, but it often wins the hearts of the people and calls out their affections for the man who pleases them. They forget that God has said: "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils." {5T 301.1}

Acts 12:22  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

"...no minister should be measured by his ability as a speaker. The harder part comes ... in watering the seed sown..." {5T 255.1}

Leaders can establish control over the people through pleasing, emotional, speeches. How else?

"Satan is constantly endeavoring to attract attention to man in the place of God. He leads the people to look to bishops, to pastors, to professors of theology, as their guides, instead of searching the Scriptures to learn their duty for themselves. Then, by controlling the minds of these leaders, he can influence the multitudes according to his will." {GC 595.2}

The Devil knows how to bring men under his control by reaching their emotions. People watch TV, and a strong influence is exerted over them to make them addicted to TV, and to influence them for advertisers. One of the methods used is to flash to a new scene every 3 seconds. That's too much for your frontal lobe to keep up with, and it gives up and crashes, so, much like hypnosis, the information has a more direct access to the part of your brain were the emotions and desires are.

The very trademark of Babylon is confusion.  Confusing statements are presented, that don't make logical sense, the frontal lobe gives up, and emotions are accessed, and the people are brought under the control of their leaders, and the confusing statements are defended with a fanatical zeal.  We know of some, like the idea of a loving God torturing people forever, and the conflict between the resurrection and the immortal soul, and the law of God nailed to the cross.  These are confusing doctrines of devils.  I'd like to take a look at one that has become a snare to us:

1 Cor. 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That makes sense, and it's simple to understand, and matches every other statement in the Bible about who God is.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7, 1 Cor. 1:3, 2 Cor. 1:2, Gal. 1:3, Eph. 1:2, Philip. 1:2, Col. 1:2, 1 Thes. 1:2, 2 Thes. 1:2, 1 Tim. 1:2, 2 Tim. 1:2, Titus 1:4, Philemon. 1:3, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 John 1:3.

Who is God? The Father of Jesus. That's easy to understand.

"The Bible, just as it reads, is to be our guide." {RH, September 28, 1897 par. 7}

But, leaders, working in cooperation with Satan, have to patent their own statements, like how a company has to patent it's own formula, and push their products on us, which is why people are addicted to manufactured food, instead of the natural food, just as it comes from God.

We just read the plain statement of Scripture: "..there is but one God, the Father ... and one Lord Jesus Christ..", (1 Cor. 8:6), but the Catechism says:

".. there is only one God, the almighty Father, his only Son and the Holy Spirit: the Most Holy Trinity.",Catechism, p. 42.

One God, the Trinity? What happened to "one God, the Father"?

Don't think you can process this logically, because you can't. It's not made to appeal to our logic, but to bypass our logic, and appeal to our emotions, and that's why people have become fanatical about such statements, and through such fanaticism, the leaders exercise control over their minds. Here are some other "inspiring" statements from the Catechism:

"I have not even begun to think of unity when the Trinity bathes me in its splendor. I have not even begun to think of the Trinity when unity grasps me..." p. 46

"O blessed light, O Trinity and first Unity!" p. 46

"O my God, Trinity whom I adore..." p. 47

Have our leaders remained steadfast to "the Bible, just as it reads"? Do they stand with the plain statement that "there is one God, the Father"?

"2. The Trinity
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three coeternal Persons...." Church Manual, p. 156.

One God, the Trinity? That statement was copied strait from the Catechism, and now it's used as a test of fellowship.  Those who don't agree with these errors can't be baptized, and if you stop agreeing, they will disfellowship you and call the police on you, if God allows them, for  "Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above", (John 19:11).  They are in apostasy.  This is a test of our courage and steadfastness.  Those who have thought to hijack the heritage of God will, themselves, be destroyed, unless they are able to repent, and the message, the strait testimony, will empower all who receive it, to repent.  Believe in the message that God has given us.  It is the words of life.

2 Tim. 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

"Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness." {Mar 196.4

Amen.

Views: 898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"2. The Trinity
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human
comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. He is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation." (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Tim. 1:17; Rev. 14:7.)

The term "one God" is one person.  Terms like "He", and "His", refers to one person.  That statement comes from the Catechism.

But, the Bible says:

"..there is but one God, the Father..", (1 Cor. 8:6).

Which one do you confess, Jason?  You can't confess both.  Is the Bible your creed, or something else?

The Holy Spirit

A Friend or Force?

It would be a mistake to leave this sublime subject without addressing an additional distortion to the teaching of the trinity. Another class of sincere Christians believes that while the Father and Son are truly distinct persons, they only see the Holy Spirit as a cosmic force or essence—an impersonal power conduit or vehicle to do the bidding of the Father and Son.

We can appreciate why the Holy Spirit seems to be the hardest member of the Godhead to visualize and define. Sometimes He is called the Holy Ghost, which leaves people with a “spooky” image. The Scriptures compareHim to everything from wind and fire, to a dove, water, and even a defense attorney!

But as we consider the various features of the Holy Spirit, we can quickly see He has all the credentials of a separate and distinct, intelligent, individual being.

The Holy Spirit leads and guides. “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth” (John 16:13 NKJV). It’s true that a map or GPS can lead you, but no one calls a map “he.” It would have been very easy for Jesus to simply say, “When it comes,” but Jesus called the Holy Spirit “He” more than 15 times. Why would God go to so much trouble to personify His own inherent power to the extent that it possessed emotions, thoughts, and speech independent of Himself?

The Holy Spirit also comforts. “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever” (John 14:16). I have never seen a lonely child run to a vacuum cleaner for an embrace—only intelligent beings can offer comfort. Jesus promised before His ascension that He was sending another helper; paraclete is the Greek word that signifies a multi-sided personal ministry as counselor, consoler advocate, helper, comforter, ally, and supporter (John 14:16, 17, 26; 15:26-27; 16:7-15). These are all traits that usually belong to a person or friend. If the Holy Spirit is merely God’s active force, thenJohn 16:7, 8 is nonsense: “It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has comes, He will convict the world.” It is obvious from this text that the Holy Spirit would be more personally present after Jesus ascended. If the Holy Spirit is mere energy, there is simply no explanation or logic to why He would not come unless Jesus left.

The Holy Spirit can even be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). Cars have many unique characteristics and idiosyncrasies. At times, they might even seem to have a “personality.” But motor vehicles cannot be grieved. Nor can they speak, as the Holy Spirit does. “Then the Spirit said to Philip, ‘Go near and overtake this chariot’” (Acts 8:29). Computer programs exist that can reproduce speech, but they cannot create inspired thought. The Holy Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21).

We also read in Revelation 1:4, 5, a prayer for grace and peace from the Father, the Spirit, and Jesus Christ. We must ask, would John have put the Spirit between the Father and the Son if he had not regarded the Spirit as a divine intelligence in the same sense as they are?

If the Holy Spirit is simply some divine force, then why is it even more offensive to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, and even more fatal, than speaking against the Son? “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:31, 32 NKJV). By definition, blasphemy is “a contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing against God.” By this simple deduction, the Holy Spirit must be God! This is also why Peter said that to lie to the Holy Spirit is to lie to God (Acts 5:3, 4).

The Holy Spirit can be a witness (Hebrews 10:15). In any court of the world, only living beings can be called witnesses. Finally, the Holy Spirit is said to have His own mind (Romans 8:27).

We can clearly see the Holy Spirit is not simply a force, but the third divine person of the Godhead. Though a spirit, He has all the characteristics of a person and individual. The Spirit is plainly portrayed as a being who speaks, teaches, guides, makes choices, witnesses, comforts, and can be grieved. “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14 NKJV). link

No problem with that.  I just quoted from EGW, cause that's how I do things:

"There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers --the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.."-- Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, pp. 62, 63. (1905) {Ev 615.1}

But, the trio, itself, is not a person, or a God.  "There is but one God, the Father" (1 Cor 8:6), not "one God, the trio"

That's my point.  Do you understand my concern?  It may be a technicality, or it may be a very subtle error.  Either way, I won't pledge allegiance to the statements of uninspired men.  What if God was testing us?

" .... we will suppose that God, through chosen instruments taken from each sect begins to show up the errors in the creeds ....They would a thousand times sooner trample the humble instruments of God's choice into the dust. It is evident that if the gifts were received, they would destroy human creeds, and that if creeds be received, they shut out the gifts. The second angel's message brought the Adventists from the creed-bound churches, where they could be reached by the gifts, be united and prepared for the coming of the Lord." {1870 JW, PSG 23.1} 

"Everyone who will hear the message and believe the truth will no longer be confined, bound to creeds, but will take the Bible as his guide, as the very creed of life, as the waters of salvation." {15MR 223.2}

" ... church force cannot produce unity; but has caused divisions, and has given rise to religious sects and parties almost innumerable. Creed and church force have been called to the rescue in vain. {1880 JW, LIFSK 344.1} 

This is a very serious matter, Jason.  It used to be those who found errors in their church's creed would be forced out of their churches, only to start their own church, by God's help.  But, since this is the last denomination God will raise up, if creeds and church force is employed, today, we have no were else to go, if we're kicked out.

That is why those who enforce a creed in the SDA church will be rejected of God, and the no one will be kicked out because of any creed.  I have witnessed this, first hand.

Heb. 10:31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service