Adventist Online

"If the preaching is of an emotional character, it will affect the feelings, but not the heart and conscience. Such preaching results in no lasting good, but it often wins the hearts of the people and calls out their affections for the man who pleases them. They forget that God has said: "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils." {5T 301.1}

Acts 12:22  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

"...no minister should be measured by his ability as a speaker. The harder part comes ... in watering the seed sown..." {5T 255.1}

Leaders can establish control over the people through pleasing, emotional, speeches. How else?

"Satan is constantly endeavoring to attract attention to man in the place of God. He leads the people to look to bishops, to pastors, to professors of theology, as their guides, instead of searching the Scriptures to learn their duty for themselves. Then, by controlling the minds of these leaders, he can influence the multitudes according to his will." {GC 595.2}

The Devil knows how to bring men under his control by reaching their emotions. People watch TV, and a strong influence is exerted over them to make them addicted to TV, and to influence them for advertisers. One of the methods used is to flash to a new scene every 3 seconds. That's too much for your frontal lobe to keep up with, and it gives up and crashes, so, much like hypnosis, the information has a more direct access to the part of your brain were the emotions and desires are.

The very trademark of Babylon is confusion.  Confusing statements are presented, that don't make logical sense, the frontal lobe gives up, and emotions are accessed, and the people are brought under the control of their leaders, and the confusing statements are defended with a fanatical zeal.  We know of some, like the idea of a loving God torturing people forever, and the conflict between the resurrection and the immortal soul, and the law of God nailed to the cross.  These are confusing doctrines of devils.  I'd like to take a look at one that has become a snare to us:

1 Cor. 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That makes sense, and it's simple to understand, and matches every other statement in the Bible about who God is.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7, 1 Cor. 1:3, 2 Cor. 1:2, Gal. 1:3, Eph. 1:2, Philip. 1:2, Col. 1:2, 1 Thes. 1:2, 2 Thes. 1:2, 1 Tim. 1:2, 2 Tim. 1:2, Titus 1:4, Philemon. 1:3, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 John 1:3.

Who is God? The Father of Jesus. That's easy to understand.

"The Bible, just as it reads, is to be our guide." {RH, September 28, 1897 par. 7}

But, leaders, working in cooperation with Satan, have to patent their own statements, like how a company has to patent it's own formula, and push their products on us, which is why people are addicted to manufactured food, instead of the natural food, just as it comes from God.

We just read the plain statement of Scripture: "..there is but one God, the Father ... and one Lord Jesus Christ..", (1 Cor. 8:6), but the Catechism says:

".. there is only one God, the almighty Father, his only Son and the Holy Spirit: the Most Holy Trinity.",Catechism, p. 42.

One God, the Trinity? What happened to "one God, the Father"?

Don't think you can process this logically, because you can't. It's not made to appeal to our logic, but to bypass our logic, and appeal to our emotions, and that's why people have become fanatical about such statements, and through such fanaticism, the leaders exercise control over their minds. Here are some other "inspiring" statements from the Catechism:

"I have not even begun to think of unity when the Trinity bathes me in its splendor. I have not even begun to think of the Trinity when unity grasps me..." p. 46

"O blessed light, O Trinity and first Unity!" p. 46

"O my God, Trinity whom I adore..." p. 47

Have our leaders remained steadfast to "the Bible, just as it reads"? Do they stand with the plain statement that "there is one God, the Father"?

"2. The Trinity
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three coeternal Persons...." Church Manual, p. 156.

One God, the Trinity? That statement was copied strait from the Catechism, and now it's used as a test of fellowship.  Those who don't agree with these errors can't be baptized, and if you stop agreeing, they will disfellowship you and call the police on you, if God allows them, for  "Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above", (John 19:11).  They are in apostasy.  This is a test of our courage and steadfastness.  Those who have thought to hijack the heritage of God will, themselves, be destroyed, unless they are able to repent, and the message, the strait testimony, will empower all who receive it, to repent.  Believe in the message that God has given us.  It is the words of life.

2 Tim. 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

"Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness." {Mar 196.4

Amen.

Views: 897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One God, not two or three. The creator is synonymous with God, and the Bible in several places tells us that Jesus is the creator of all that is.

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last ... I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 

I agree, this is the confusion of Babylon.  You know some peoples say, if you don’t believe the trinity you will lose your soul, and if you try to understand it, you will lose your mind. I certainly agree with the latter part of that; and it is the confusion of Babylon.

Amen. Thank you for sharing the discussion thoughts rush4hire.

Hello Rush,

Can you help to "rightly divide" this word of God :

"But unto the Son he [the Father] saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)?

In what sense is the Father referring to the Son as "God"?

A second thought I have in mind is Jesus' explanation about the Divine 'one-ness'.

Doesn't Jesus teach that we [of necessity more than 1 person] may be "one" in the same sense that He and the Father are "one"? From this it seems clear to me that the one-ness of God does not mean that there is only one individual.

"...that they may be one, even as we are one" (John 17:22)

Hi Stewart,

Great questions, may I interject some thoughts? Thanks! One of the question you asked was...

In what sense is the Father referring to the Son as "God"?

"But unto the Son he [the Father] saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)?

To get an understanding of this, we understand history of events leading to this.

God the word (John 1:1) became a human being, and die for the sin of the world. God the Father resurrected him, and declared him to be Son of God.

Romans 1:3,4 concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, 4who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord…

Jesus is the Son by the authority of the resurrection. In the beginning, he wasn’t the Son, he was the Word; John 1:1 tells us this.

Philippians 2:8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name…

Ephesians 1:20….which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.…

My bible lexicon explains right hand: A person of high rank who puts anyone on his right hand gives him equal honor with himself and recognizes him as of equal dignity.

The right hand signifies the same authority as the one seated, in the case God the Father.

The Son by the power of the resurrection is again equal with the Father as God.

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)?

The focus is not on the Son, but on his throne and scepter. The Son has qualified, and now sit at God right hand, but the Father has more in store. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne O God, is for ever and ever…

The Son is God just as the Father.

They are three different persons 

Correct. 

Thank you Gene.

I agree. We have to question everything and challenge everything, or we limit our spiritual growth. The risk of being branded a heretic adds an interesting element, but that's how God has set it up, and praise His name for that.

Esther 6:8 Let the royal apparel be brought which the king [useth] to wear, and the horse that the king rideth upon, and the crown royal which is set upon his head:
6:9 ... and bring him on horseback through the street of the city, and proclaim before him, Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delighteth to honour.

So, the Father has exalted Christ.

Eph. 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places], 

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

The Father gave Him His throne, scepter, and crown:

Rev. 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

And, so the Father's glory.

Matt. 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father

So, He gets titles too.

Is. 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The same kind of titles the Father has. So, He is called "God".

2 Thes. 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped....

And, yet, when mentioned in the same sentence, the Father is called "God", and the Son is called "Lord".

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Cor.  8:6 But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.

So, still the Father is "the only true God", and the "one God", not the trinity.

Is. 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

In contrast:

Phil. 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 

2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;
2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

He was wrong. Jesus shows what God is like, and He doesn't exalt Himself, but humbles Himself, and the Father exalted Him:

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. (also Luke 18:14)

If the three were one person, or one God, then He would have exalted Himself, but they are not, and He didn't. They are only one in agreement, as we should be, but not in personality, as the pagans teach, which is a confusing mystery.

Nice thoughts Rush, well written....

The Hebrew word for "el" is "strong authority" not "god" we tend to see too strictly.....a Strong Authority can be one, yet be comprise of many...ie Government....and Family....

Elohim is one source of powers that flow, one strong authority, from which three heavenly powers reign....

Shalom 

Rob,

If we look at the relationship of the Father and the Son, we clearly see they are the only one; the Elohim, and this Oneness is in the Father and the Son.

1 John 1:3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus.

John is speaking of what he has seen and heard and says that the wholeness of our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus.

The Father and the Son is Elohim. It was this way in the beginning, and it will be also in the end.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God…

In the beginning, there is no other source of power except the Oneness of the Father and the Son. If there were more powers of the universe, they too would have been in the beginning; but there are none.

What then is our relationship with the Father and Son, and how do we fellowship with them?

Colossians 1:26 the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Romans 8:9 …if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The Spirit of God is the same Spirit of Christ. God the Father and the Sone is one Elohim, bounded together by the one Spirit which is the mind and power of Elohim, there is no other powers in the universe.

The hope of glory is Christ in you; this is through the Spirit. It is by this Spirit we are changed into the sons, children of God this, our hope of glory. So it was with Christ, it will be the same with us as we enter into the glory of the Elohim.

Romans 1:3concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

It was the Father who declared Jesus the Son by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness.  If Jesus would have failed in the flesh, he would not have been born into the Elohim family, and all humanity would have lost it potential to become sons of Elohim.

Romans 8:29 And those whom he foreknew, he also fashioned in the likeness of the image of his Son, that he would be The Firstborn of many brethren.

Jesus is only the firstborn, there are many brethren to be born into the Elohim the same as Jesus. They too will be declared sons of God according to the Spirit of holiness.

The Spirit invokes the will of the Father, it is the power of God and the mind of God.

This Elohim Father and Son relationship is the most powerful, one of intimateness never known; it will never change.

1 Corinthians 15:24Then the end will come, when after he has done away with every ruler and every authority and power, the Messiah hands over the kingdom to God the Father.

27for “God has put everything under his feet.” Now when he says, “Everything has been put under him,” this clearly excludes the one who put everything under him. 28But when everything has been put under him, then the Son himself will also become subject to the one who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

… when everything has been put under him, then the Son himself will also become subject to the one who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

A perfect ending, Father and Son. There is no other power in the universe, but there will be more sons in the Elohim family according to the Spirit of holiness.

The three don't come from one power.  God, the Father is the Power, and Jesus and the Holy Ghost come from the Father.  The Father doesn't come from anywhere.

Mark  14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Jesus receives all from His Father.

John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself

John 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; 

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Amen Rush well spoken indeed. 

Have a blessed Sabbath 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com