Adventist Online

"If the preaching is of an emotional character, it will affect the feelings, but not the heart and conscience. Such preaching results in no lasting good, but it often wins the hearts of the people and calls out their affections for the man who pleases them. They forget that God has said: "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils." {5T 301.1}

Acts 12:22  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

"...no minister should be measured by his ability as a speaker. The harder part comes ... in watering the seed sown..." {5T 255.1}

Leaders can establish control over the people through pleasing, emotional, speeches. How else?

"Satan is constantly endeavoring to attract attention to man in the place of God. He leads the people to look to bishops, to pastors, to professors of theology, as their guides, instead of searching the Scriptures to learn their duty for themselves. Then, by controlling the minds of these leaders, he can influence the multitudes according to his will." {GC 595.2}

The Devil knows how to bring men under his control by reaching their emotions. People watch TV, and a strong influence is exerted over them to make them addicted to TV, and to influence them for advertisers. One of the methods used is to flash to a new scene every 3 seconds. That's too much for your frontal lobe to keep up with, and it gives up and crashes, so, much like hypnosis, the information has a more direct access to the part of your brain were the emotions and desires are.

The very trademark of Babylon is confusion.  Confusing statements are presented, that don't make logical sense, the frontal lobe gives up, and emotions are accessed, and the people are brought under the control of their leaders, and the confusing statements are defended with a fanatical zeal.  We know of some, like the idea of a loving God torturing people forever, and the conflict between the resurrection and the immortal soul, and the law of God nailed to the cross.  These are confusing doctrines of devils.  I'd like to take a look at one that has become a snare to us:

1 Cor. 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That makes sense, and it's simple to understand, and matches every other statement in the Bible about who God is.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7, 1 Cor. 1:3, 2 Cor. 1:2, Gal. 1:3, Eph. 1:2, Philip. 1:2, Col. 1:2, 1 Thes. 1:2, 2 Thes. 1:2, 1 Tim. 1:2, 2 Tim. 1:2, Titus 1:4, Philemon. 1:3, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 John 1:3.

Who is God? The Father of Jesus. That's easy to understand.

"The Bible, just as it reads, is to be our guide." {RH, September 28, 1897 par. 7}

But, leaders, working in cooperation with Satan, have to patent their own statements, like how a company has to patent it's own formula, and push their products on us, which is why people are addicted to manufactured food, instead of the natural food, just as it comes from God.

We just read the plain statement of Scripture: "..there is but one God, the Father ... and one Lord Jesus Christ..", (1 Cor. 8:6), but the Catechism says:

".. there is only one God, the almighty Father, his only Son and the Holy Spirit: the Most Holy Trinity.",Catechism, p. 42.

One God, the Trinity? What happened to "one God, the Father"?

Don't think you can process this logically, because you can't. It's not made to appeal to our logic, but to bypass our logic, and appeal to our emotions, and that's why people have become fanatical about such statements, and through such fanaticism, the leaders exercise control over their minds. Here are some other "inspiring" statements from the Catechism:

"I have not even begun to think of unity when the Trinity bathes me in its splendor. I have not even begun to think of the Trinity when unity grasps me..." p. 46

"O blessed light, O Trinity and first Unity!" p. 46

"O my God, Trinity whom I adore..." p. 47

Have our leaders remained steadfast to "the Bible, just as it reads"? Do they stand with the plain statement that "there is one God, the Father"?

"2. The Trinity
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three coeternal Persons...." Church Manual, p. 156.

One God, the Trinity? That statement was copied strait from the Catechism, and now it's used as a test of fellowship.  Those who don't agree with these errors can't be baptized, and if you stop agreeing, they will disfellowship you and call the police on you, if God allows them, for  "Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above", (John 19:11).  They are in apostasy.  This is a test of our courage and steadfastness.  Those who have thought to hijack the heritage of God will, themselves, be destroyed, unless they are able to repent, and the message, the strait testimony, will empower all who receive it, to repent.  Believe in the message that God has given us.  It is the words of life.

2 Tim. 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

"Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness." {Mar 196.4

Amen.

Views: 896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems everyone should heartily get behind an illustration like that.  But, Jesus said:  ".. my Father is greater than I", (John 14:28).

John 10:29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

The Spirit of God, and the Son of God, both come from God, the Father:

John  8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

"But to hold the doctrine of the trinity is not so much an evidence of evil intention as of intoxication from that wine of which all the nations have drunk. The fact that this was one of the leading doctrines, if not the very chief, upon which the bishop of Rome was exalted to the popedom, does not say much in its favor. This should cause men to investigate it for themselves; " R. F. Cottrell, Review &Herald, July 6, 1869, 'The Trinity' 

Rush, thanks for the quote. I think the three angels’ message speaks directly to this point.

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Is the trinity god the creator, or is it the Father and the Son?

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being….

14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things came into being through Him.

Heb. 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

It was God, the Father, who spoke to us by Jesus, and who also created the worlds, by Jesus.  That's who we're to worship and pray to.

Matt. 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

True!

The Father and Son relationship is inseparable, this is why the third angle’s message is about worship. ...worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. The Son acts according to the Father’s will.  Therefore, “All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.”

John 5:23 everyone should honor The Son as one honors The Father. He who does not honor The Son is not honoring The Father who sent him.

If Elohim was trinity, why then are we not told to honor trinity?  We are told to honor Elohim; The Father and The Son.

1 John 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

John 17:21 …that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.

There are no other powers in the universe, there’s no trinity, only the Oneness of The Father and The Son.

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Thanks Rush 

So how do you see verses like these 

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Heb 1:8 But  is for unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The "let us" do this or that is the language of royalty.  Kings refer to themselves as "we" or "us".  He's saying "me, and whoever's with me".  He doesn't say:  "Stand back.  I'll do this by myself".  He speaks on behalf of the whole country.  So, with God, the whole kingdom is involved in the work.  Everyone has a part to play.  Whenever angels do something, it's the Lord that did it because He created, trained, instructed, empowered, and sent them to do the work.  The Bible clearly says that God resurrected Jesus, but we know an angel was sent to resurrect Him:

"The soldiers see him removing the stone as he would a pebble, and hear him cry, Son of God, come forth; Thy Father calls Thee. They see Jesus come forth from the grave...." {DA 779.3}

Elijah,

Is this a trick question because Stewart asked the same thing. What do you think?

Heb 1:8 But  is for unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

The Son always act in accordance to the will of the Father. The will of the Father is invoked into action by the Spirit of Holiness. We see this vividly in the resurrection, it was indeed the Father’s will to resurrect the Son.

Psalm 16:9Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely. 10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.

Romans 1:4Concerning the Son….who was appointed the Son-of-God-in-power according to the Holy Spirit by the resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:34"For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure. 35"The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

God the Father gives the Spirit, His power is given to those are sent to speak the words of God.

And the Spirit of the LORD will rest on him--the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might (power), the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

The Father loves the Son, Luke 10:22 says…

No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

The knowledge of the Father and Son relation is the most profound, and it opens the understanding to the true revelation of Elohim; the Father and the Son.

The symbol of trinitarianism is the Triquetra seen here in and Adventist book called "The Trinity":

Also female parts, the Christian fish, and 666 come from the same symbol.

In the TV show "Charmed", they keep talking about "the power of three", so the Triquetra is a very important symbol to them.

In the opening credits, you see this one:

The middle one is kind of emphasized, which seems suggestive of the female parts.

The Trinity or Godhead is not about female parts and fish part, it's about Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jason,

Is the Sabbath and the Trinity consistent with one another? The Trinity as you say is certainly is about Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but this doesn’t come from your bible.

When God gave Israel His Sabbath, He said it will be a sign…

Exodus 31:17 "It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed."

“The LORD made heaven and earth.” 

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

The Sabbath and the God of creation is interwoven, inseparable.  The Bible never tell us there are three persons involved in creation, it only describes two Beings that are One Elohim (God). It does say,

…the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Spirit OF God is not a separate person God, but it is the mind and power of the Father; the head of the Elohim. (This is very provable)

But the question; is the Sabbath and Trinity consistent?

In Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.

Here David points out the two persons of the Godhead, The LORD, and his Lord who is also our Lord Jesus Christ. We know this because we know Christ sits on the right hand of The Father.

(Of course in all honesty it is never revealed who sits on the left, and to suggest it is another God person would be filling in the blanks)

Ephesians 1:19and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places

Two Persons, One Elohim…One God, God the Father and Jesus Christ The Son of God.

The Sabbath as we know points to the creation; who created? This again is something the three angels’ message points to in Revelation 14:7.

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Worship Elohim, The LORD, and our Lords; The Father and The Son.

John: 1 reveals to us who is responsible for creation.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.

Here again we are shown two God persons the Word and God.

The Son always act in accordance with the will of the Father. All thing were made by God the Word the was the Will of The Father

The will of God is acted upon by the same power which raised Christ from the dead; the Spirit of Holiness.

…and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might 20which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places…

Mark 2:27Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. 28"So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath because he created all things. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) God persons, not three.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service