Adventist Online

"If the preaching is of an emotional character, it will affect the feelings, but not the heart and conscience. Such preaching results in no lasting good, but it often wins the hearts of the people and calls out their affections for the man who pleases them. They forget that God has said: "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils." {5T 301.1}

Acts 12:22  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

"...no minister should be measured by his ability as a speaker. The harder part comes ... in watering the seed sown..." {5T 255.1}

Leaders can establish control over the people through pleasing, emotional, speeches. How else?

"Satan is constantly endeavoring to attract attention to man in the place of God. He leads the people to look to bishops, to pastors, to professors of theology, as their guides, instead of searching the Scriptures to learn their duty for themselves. Then, by controlling the minds of these leaders, he can influence the multitudes according to his will." {GC 595.2}

The Devil knows how to bring men under his control by reaching their emotions. People watch TV, and a strong influence is exerted over them to make them addicted to TV, and to influence them for advertisers. One of the methods used is to flash to a new scene every 3 seconds. That's too much for your frontal lobe to keep up with, and it gives up and crashes, so, much like hypnosis, the information has a more direct access to the part of your brain were the emotions and desires are.

The very trademark of Babylon is confusion.  Confusing statements are presented, that don't make logical sense, the frontal lobe gives up, and emotions are accessed, and the people are brought under the control of their leaders, and the confusing statements are defended with a fanatical zeal.  We know of some, like the idea of a loving God torturing people forever, and the conflict between the resurrection and the immortal soul, and the law of God nailed to the cross.  These are confusing doctrines of devils.  I'd like to take a look at one that has become a snare to us:

1 Cor. 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

That makes sense, and it's simple to understand, and matches every other statement in the Bible about who God is.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7, 1 Cor. 1:3, 2 Cor. 1:2, Gal. 1:3, Eph. 1:2, Philip. 1:2, Col. 1:2, 1 Thes. 1:2, 2 Thes. 1:2, 1 Tim. 1:2, 2 Tim. 1:2, Titus 1:4, Philemon. 1:3, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 John 1:3.

Who is God? The Father of Jesus. That's easy to understand.

"The Bible, just as it reads, is to be our guide." {RH, September 28, 1897 par. 7}

But, leaders, working in cooperation with Satan, have to patent their own statements, like how a company has to patent it's own formula, and push their products on us, which is why people are addicted to manufactured food, instead of the natural food, just as it comes from God.

We just read the plain statement of Scripture: "..there is but one God, the Father ... and one Lord Jesus Christ..", (1 Cor. 8:6), but the Catechism says:

".. there is only one God, the almighty Father, his only Son and the Holy Spirit: the Most Holy Trinity.",Catechism, p. 42.

One God, the Trinity? What happened to "one God, the Father"?

Don't think you can process this logically, because you can't. It's not made to appeal to our logic, but to bypass our logic, and appeal to our emotions, and that's why people have become fanatical about such statements, and through such fanaticism, the leaders exercise control over their minds. Here are some other "inspiring" statements from the Catechism:

"I have not even begun to think of unity when the Trinity bathes me in its splendor. I have not even begun to think of the Trinity when unity grasps me..." p. 46

"O blessed light, O Trinity and first Unity!" p. 46

"O my God, Trinity whom I adore..." p. 47

Have our leaders remained steadfast to "the Bible, just as it reads"? Do they stand with the plain statement that "there is one God, the Father"?

"2. The Trinity
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three coeternal Persons...." Church Manual, p. 156.

One God, the Trinity? That statement was copied strait from the Catechism, and now it's used as a test of fellowship.  Those who don't agree with these errors can't be baptized, and if you stop agreeing, they will disfellowship you and call the police on you, if God allows them, for  "Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above", (John 19:11).  They are in apostasy.  This is a test of our courage and steadfastness.  Those who have thought to hijack the heritage of God will, themselves, be destroyed, unless they are able to repent, and the message, the strait testimony, will empower all who receive it, to repent.  Believe in the message that God has given us.  It is the words of life.

2 Tim. 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

"Many a star that we have admired for its brilliance will then go out in darkness." {Mar 196.4

Amen.

Views: 898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about the two person Godhead theory.  I simply want statements that make sense, and are not confusing.  EGW said the Holy Spirit is a mystery.  I leave it at that.

maybe she has other statements? There are many thing you don't understand yet you believe in them right? Let the Godhead be one of those things you don't understand. 

I think I was the one that introduced the idea of a "Duality", since both the Father and the Son are called "God" in the Bible. Perhaps I should have made it clear though, that I do not believe that the godhead is a "Duality" -- I believe that the godhead is a heavenly Trio -- three definite, distinct, "People" who are "one" in the same way that we can all be "one".

Stewart,

Are you able to provide evidence of the godhead as a heavenly Trio -- three definite, distinct, "People" who are one? I’m not speaking of something you’ve surmised, but biblical evidence which says that.

The duality of is found throughout the bible.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

yet for us there is one God, the Father. All things are from Him, and we exist for Him. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. All things are through Him, and we exist through Him. 1 Corinthians 8:6

Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Deuteronomy 4:39

The One God is found in the Father and in the Son, there is no other god.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

This is just a small observation, but in it I just don’t see three definite, distinct, "People.

Thanks!

Thanks, Stewart.  Goes to show you, the common layman came make a better statement than the wise and prudent who have fashioned the 28 fundamentals.  The reason their statements aren't that good, is because they were distracted by their ambition.  Now they can't change them very easily.

Rush,

The notion that the Holy Spirit is a mystery certainly seems contrary to word of Jesus Christ. You may want to study this word more deeply to find understanding on this. Many people sound ignorant by repeating something they’ve heard, and not trusting the Lord. I’m sure you’ve heard:

If You Don't Believe It You Will Lose Your Soul If You Try To understand It You Will Lose Your Mind.

Is this the kind of God we serve?  Jesus says,

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?

It seems contradictory that the Father would give us this Holy Spirit shrouded in mystery. Why would he?

A mystery is define as anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown.

But Jesus says,

I don't call you servants anymore, because a servant doesn't know what his master is doing. But I've called you friends, because I've made known to you everything that I've heard from my Father.

Jesus Christ says EVERYTHING…is he lying? Here’s something else he told his disciples.

And he answering said to them, Because to you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not given…

"The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.  {AA 52.1}  

The two persons of the Godhead, the LORD God and the Lord Jesus Christ as we find in Psalm.

A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.

This is not theory, but it is a true bible fact.  When you come to understand the true nature of the Holy Spirit, you will come to see that the Father and the Son are One God.

Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

And, the next line:

"The office of the Holy Spirit is distinctly specified in the words of Christ: "When He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment."   {AA 52.2}  

"The Comforter that Christ promised to send after He ascended to heaven, is the Spirit in all the fullness of the Godhead, making manifest the power of divine grace to all who receive and believe in Christ as a personal Saviour. There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers --the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit--those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ."-- Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, pp. 62, 63. (1905) {Ev 615.1}

Then, why did they use the same pagan symbol?  Why does EGW never use the word "trinity"?  Because trinity and Godhead are not the same thing.  Godhead means divine:

Act  17:29

G2304
θεῖος
theios
thi'-os
From G2316; godlike (neuter as noun, divinity): - divine, godhead.

Rom 1:20

G2305
θειότης
theiotēs
thi-ot'-ace
From G2304; divinity (abstractly): - godhead.

Col 2:9

G2320
θεότης
theotēs
theh-ot'-ace
From G2316; divinity (abstractly): - godhead.

In fact:

1 Peter  1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The word "divine" is the same word "Godhead" from Acts 17:29.

But, a "Trinity" is the combination of three gods to form one super-god, which is a perversion, taught in all the pagan religions.

"The doctrine called the trinity, claiming that God is without form or parts; that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, the three are one person, is another." .... Heb.i,3. {July 10, 1856 UrSe, ARSH 87.27}

"Because, says the trinitarian, the Father and Son are one person."    {November 10, 1859 UrSe, ARSH 194.10} 

"There is a sense in which they are one, but not one person, as claimed by Trinitarians." {November 5, 1861 UrSe, ARSH 184.4}

wrong. Christianity has always maintain that the Trinity is made up of three persons, not one person. 

Christianity as we know it.  I willing to suggest to you that those first Christians never embraced such a thing. The same organization which introduced Sunday, also introduced Trinity. So I agree with you, but even so, there have always been a group of believers who have never embrace this idea.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service