Adventist Online

Christian tradition is that Jesus was crucified on Good Friday and was raised from the dead on Easter Sunday. 

But lets take a closer look at this. Go to:

http://www.markfoster.net/rn/companion_bible_appendices.pdf

I suggest you download it and save as PDF.

Go the the list of appendixes in blue hyperlinked text, and click on:

Appendix 156: "The Six Days Before The Passover."

Read carefully the whole Appendix and you will see that the scriptures and Jewish Calendar are irrefutable. The summary of the events is:

Jesus Christ was crucified on our Wednesday the 14th Day of Nisan, which was the day of preparation for the passover. This was the day the unblemished lamb is killed, and by law and according to the scriptures Jesus had to be in the ground three days and three nights. In Hebrew law and culture, a person  was not legally dead until such time.

Jesus died about the 9th hour, our 3:00 PM. They had to bury him before sunset so that they would not be unclean for the Passover. The Jewish day starts at sunset and includes night and then day.

Our Wednesday the Hebrew's 14th of Nisan was the crucifixion 

Our Wednesday night, 15th Day of Nisan; Thursday starts, the Day of the Passover begins, the first night and the first day.

Our Friday the 16th Day of Nisan, starts sunset our Thursday, the second night and second day.

Our Saturday, the 17th Day of Nisan, starts sunset our Friday, is the third night and third day.

Jesus rose from the dead at sunset our Saturday night, being the three nights and three days fulfilled.

No wonder unbelievers make fun of Christianity, because they can't even get the Day Jesus died and rose again from the dead correct. This is another sad commentary on the lack of Biblical research and understanding and the problem with inaccurate tradition.

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He was 30 years old when his ministry started, supposedly his ministry was 3 years, but there i the question of the acceptable year of the Lord?

I can agree that He was 30 years old when He take up his ministry,We also know that His ministry was 3 1/2 years. We also know His ministry started AD 27 and ended AD 31.

A simple history lesson will clear up the confusion in his mind.

http://biblelight.net/year.htm

But James you are forgetting that the Bible was written in the Jewish tradition where part of one day counted for a day. 

Peace

Brother James, I guess we disagree on the year as well... My understanding is that it's 31 AD.. How do you come to the conclusion it's 33AD?

Blessings!
Answered that supra.

James do you dispute the AD 31 please tell us where you think we are wrong. 

Peace

James wrote: "Answered that supra."

Huh? Are you responding to my question(s)? What does that mean?

How do you come to the conclusion it was 33AD?

Thank you brother! Bless!
It was in response to you and everyone.

1. Bible doesn't state exact year Jesus was born or died, but the circumstances and events are detailed, such as the events stated by Bullinger.

2. There is a window of time that his birth could occur, traditionally AD signifies years since. Some think 3 BC.

3. The length of his ministry is also not certain. Traditional is 3 years. I used that not knowing what SDA believes length of ministry. There is the question of "The Acceptable Year of The Lord."
So a year and a half might not be correct?

4. The main purpose of the posting was not to establish the exact year, but the fact that almost all Christianity is incorrect on the traditional Friday-Sunday. The other point is that his death was on 14th of Nison in whatever year it was. Bullinger's work is important in pointing the events and law setting the proper schedule and timing of events.

5. We could look up every year in question and see which day the 14th of Nison fell on.
I think you misunderstood that the main point was that Christianity loses credibility with the traditions that are not accurate or Biblical.

James do you believe the Bible record is true? It is all there if you care to look. 

In the Gopel of Luke we read this;

Luk 3:1 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene, :2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

Those names are in history and the time is AD 27 

Peace

James wrote: "1. Bible doesn't state exact year Jesus was born or died, but the circumstances and events are detailed, such as the events stated by Bullinger."

2. There is a window of time that his birth could occur, traditionally AD signifies years since. Some think 3 BC.

3. The length of his ministry is also not certain. Traditional is 3 years. I used that not knowing what SDA believes length of ministry. There is the question of "The Acceptable Year of The Lord."
So a year and a half might not be correct?"

-------------------------------------

Brother James, the Bible does give time prophecies, right, it doesn't give man made dates and days as we know it, however it does link events with time prophecies. In The book of Daniel, there you'll find what I'm talking about, the 70 week prophecy. It's connected to this discussion, we need to find out where the beginning is, so we can figure out where to place it in its fulfillment at the end.

Brother James, I understand you want to just jump into this discussion trying to prove a Wednesday crucifixion, but you just can't pull a year (33AD) out of the sky without first showing how you come to this conclusion. Because if you have the year wrong then you have the day wrong and then your whole post is flawed.

Again, the Bible does give time prophecies link with events of the worlds history and having that understanding will allow us to overlay mans days and years with the events link to Biblical time prophecies. Laying this foundation will guarantee us of the proper year and day.

James wrote: " 4. The main purpose of the posting was not to establish the exact year, but the fact that almost all Christianity is incorrect on the traditional Friday-Sunday. The other point is that his death was on 14th of Nison in whatever year it was. Bullinger's work is important in pointing the events and law setting the proper schedule and timing of events."

I know Jesus ate the last supper with His disciples as was His custom. It was on the 14th at twilight, you can find that commandment in Lev.23. It appears you could be wrong on this point James.

Like I said, if your questioning the days of the week, 1-7, or as we also know as Sun - Sat. by way of the world, then making sure we have the proper year is a must.

I don't know much about Mr. Bullinger and his work, it may can help us in this discussion, but I'm just concerned with whats in the Bible. Again, there are Biblical prophecies connected to your discussion, having the correct understanding of those prophecies will allow us to come to the correct conclusion.

James wrote: : "5. We could look up every year in question and see which day the 14th of Nison fell on."

That would be great brother James, from your studies, what day of the week is the 14th day of Nisan in 31AD?

James wrote: "I think you misunderstood that the main point was that Christianity loses credibility with the traditions that are not accurate or Biblical."

I don't think I did, it's just that you want to jump to X,y and z, when we should start off with a, b and c.. Having a proper starting point will make sure we know where it ends and it's fulfillment. Do you agree?

Blessings!
Do you want the Bible quotes again to show you your error?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service