Adventist Online

Obedience is to both the spirit and the written Word. How did man receive the Word of God? By three kinds of revelation, by prophesy. How did Elijah, Moses etc. do miracles etc.? By 7 manifestations of holy spirit man did those things in Old Testament.

God added 2 more manifestations of Holy Spirit in New Testament. God did not do that for a whim, or for no purpose unless you think God is a fool?

The ridicule, accusation of evil spirits, making fun of the two manifestations of Holy Spirit of speaking in tongues and its interpretation is foolish blasphemy without evidence and discerning of spirits.
NOT all manifestations of the supernatural are of Lucifer. I am not responsible nor is God for Kundalini spirits, the Toronto experience etc.

Many people are stiff-necked self works oriented and have no desire for, understanding or experience in walking by the spirit whatsoever.

God desires to communicate, empower and lead the people of God individually, but you will not have any of it. God will not generally communicate with those that ridicule his spiritual manifestations.
Therefore you have no guidance, power, deliverance, healing, discerning of spirits, edification, exhortation or comfort by prophesy and interpretation of tongues, no working of miracles, signs and wonders following, no foretelling either.

God's Word does not cover every situation, or what to do in a particular situation, at a specific time and circumstance. God, revelation and the other manifestations has literally saved my life many times from direct Satanic attack, such as the time a possessed woman ran me over with her car. God brought to remembrance to jump on the hood and roll off the car. The original information was in a book I had read on survival years before.

The manifestation of revelation gives knowledge, wisdom and can inform about any situation and also gives guidance and marching orders. Discerning of spirits is REVELATION of what is going on in the spiritual realm, what spirits are in operation in people, objects and Satanic devices, and even if the spirit of God is in someone, or whether they have evil spirits oppressing, demonizing etc. and whether you may cast them out. The judging by the flesh is wrong.

There is an antimosity and contentious and even hatred spirits prevalence by some on this site. Religious, bondage, fear and deceiving spirits are prevalent in SDA and Christianity in general that prevents people from the truth and having a close relationship with the spirit of God. Not all here are so, some here are kind and think beyond the SDA mindset.

In conclusion a blind, deaf and dumb Christianity, as hard headed as the Pharisees, and as quick to stone people figuratively. If given a chance, some would even be holding the real stones and put to death people that they thought were not following God in SDA dogma? Does that include you? I hope not.

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the posting James. What you are doing is twisting the texts to suit your paradigm. We read those same texts here in the SDA Church but I am yet to see anyone getting up in church and speak to God in tongues. What we do is public prayer in the common language and everyone is fully satisfied with that. What you are saying here seems to be for your own glorification, we do know that self is to be put to the back. While you seem to promote self-glorification. 

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.  

SPEAKING OF PAUL, PRIOR TO THE INCIDENT ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS, IT IS CLEAR HE WAS FILLED WITH EVIL INTENTIONS, YET IT IS AWESOME HOW GOD INSTANTLY INJECTED HIS HEART AND MIND WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND KNOWLEDGE TO GUIDE THE GENTILES TOWARDS SALVATION WITHOUT THE BONDAGE OF THE LAW. THIS IS A CASE OF GOD'S WILL ON SOMEONE WHO WAS NOT LOOKING FOR IT....  COOL.

THE 12 APOSTLES ON THE OTHER HAND, WALKED, SLEPT AND ATE  WITH JESUS DAY AND NIGHT FOR 3 YEARS AND THEY DID NOT SEEM TO RECEIVE THIS "IMMEDIATE INJECTION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT", AT LEAST NOT THE THE DEPTH THAT PAUL DID, THIS IS EVIDENT IN MANY PASSAGES WHERE JESUS QUESTIONS THEM AND THEIR LACK OF FAITH.

SO, CAN WE EARN SPIRITUAL GIFTS, OR PRAY REALLY HARD TO HAVE EM? OR DOES GOD JUST SIMPLY DO AS HE PLEASES? 

Free will?  I don't think God goes against it.  Paul was presented the truth and accepted it as soon as his mind could digest it. 

THE BIBLE DOES NOT MENTION IF PAUL UNDERWENT A PERIOD OF DEBATE AND OR STRUGGLE AS TO ACCEPTING GODS OFFER TO JOIN HIM.  RATHER WE ARE TOLD THAT HE ACCEPTED THE LORDS WILL, COLD TURKEY AND WITHOUT HESITATION.  ITS A CURIOUS CHOICE AS FAR AS US HUMANS GO, I MEAN HE WAS A ZEALOUS PERSECUTOR AND ALL.  BUT GOD DOES AS HE PLEASES, MUST BE COOL TO BE GOD.

God is capricious and does not follow His own law?  Are we talking about Jesus or Allah?

ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS JESUS WAS HATED BY THE SABBATH FANATICS IE, PHARISEES, WAS THAT HE BROKE THE SABBATH.  HOW DARE HE!!

So that makes speaking in tongues OK doe it? James has nothing to teach most SDA seems to me you may be an exception. 

DONT THINK GOD NEEDS OUR VOTE TO MAKE IT "OK" NOR DOES HE CARE OF OUR OPINION PROBABLY. ITS THAT WHOLE POTTER AND CLAY PRINCIPLE.

I THINK GOD GIVES GIFTS TO WHOM HE PLEASES AND MANY DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE,, INCLUDING ME AND YOU.

OUR SDA ORGANIZATION IS NOT CHARISMATIC IN ANY WAY.  AND THAT IS BY DESIGN I'M SURE.  THE FOUNDERS DID NOT WANT IT TO BE, SO IT IS'NT.  OUR SONG SERVICES BY TRADITION ARE MELLOW (I LIKE IT THAT WAY)  BUT IS AN UP BEAT WORSHIP WRONG?  PROBABLY NOT, MUSIC INSTRUMENTS ARE ONLY TOOLS, THE HEART OF MAN IS WHAT MATTERS.

So when did you Speak in Tongues last? Seems like you do not understand it is manifestations of the Devil. 

Jesus did not break the Sabbath.  He broke rules made up by Jewish rabbi's and leaders.  I know many, myself included who help others on the Sabbath if there is a need, to do good on the Sabbath is not breaking the Sabbath. The Bible is clear on this because it is repeated in the Gospels more than once what Jesus taught about the 10 commandments and what was made up by Pharisee's. The Pharisee's and Jewish leaders broke all the laws to hang Jesus on the Cross.  Jesus never broke the Decalogue ever and expanded on it that we keep it by loving him and our neighbor.  Jesus even kept the Sabbath when he was laid to rest.  I just want to make this clear because what you have said my make it difficult for people who do not clearly understand the Bible.

Good observations Rick. God does what He says He will do according to His Word. Phenomenon is when He goes beyond what He promises, which Appears to be what happened to Paul, though  Paul was doing what He thought was God's will, though ignorantly. God chose Paul.

Significantly the Acts 2 Day of Pentecost was also phenomenon as regards everyone understanding in their own language what was said. The promise was to receive the Holy Spirit in Jerusalem, and signs were promised by Jesus for those that believe. 

Jesus prepared the Apostles to receive the spirit referring to it like a wind, thus the mighty rushing wind, as well as cloven tongues appeared on the Apostles which signified purification.

The everyone understanding/hearing in their own language, mighty rushing wind and cloven tongues were phenomenon that normally does not occur when believers receive the Holy Spirit as recorded in Acts elsewhere and throughout history and as experienced by believers. Occasionally someone may recognize or even understand a language of men spoken in tongues, but not as in Acts 2. 

The SDA insistence that tongues is for missionary work and the implication that genuine tongues must follow exactly the pattern of Pentecost as regards others understanding the language is imposing the phenomenon selectively, forgetting the mighty wind and cloven tongues, which never appeared after the Day of Pentecost. These phenomenon do not appear in the early church or latter in history to my knowledge. If God chooses to use phenomenon, that is His business, but the SDA practices and doctrines, of lack and fear of manifestations of the spirit, and misunderstanding and lack of experience in this field (manifestations of holy spirit) manifests in unbelief, fear, painting everything of the Devil, and other such pronouncements as witnessed here by the likes of Elijah and others claiming I am if the Devil etc.

In 44 years of operating 9 manifestations of Holy Spirit, research, observation, experience and according to scriptures I have never seen where everyone understands or the other phenomenon as in the Day of Pentecost, as that was a most significant day. I do occasionally recognize a language in hearing my or other's tongues as Polynesian sounding, African or even French etc., but I do not understand those languages. Most importantly no one understands their speaking in tongues, and interpretation of tongues IS ALWAYS IN A THE SPEAKERS NATIVE LANGUAGE.

Thus, interpretation of tongues is not used in missionary work, as speaking in tongues with interpretation is used in groups of believers for edification, comfort and exhortation. The tongues portion may be understood on occasion by someone else who knows that language. God could choose the language given in tongues so some one could understand the tongue.

Speaking in tongues and the other manifestations are done with freedom of will. The words in tongues, the native language interpretation or prophesy all flow out in a stream of words with the speaker not not knowing what will be said until he hears it as he moves his lips. The interpretation of tongues is not the use or knowledge of languages interpreting word for word by intellect as in a translation like at the United Nations, rather it is the gist of what was spoken in tongues. 

The insistence of those people to the contrary of the above principles by those not experienced in or practicing or understanding fully of the scriptures (Greek) regarding manifestations is without foundation scripturally or in accordance with normal occurrences.

There was also phenomenon in Paul's conversion, most people do not go blind and then receive their vision in conversion/being saved! Insisting genuine tongues must be understood by others for missionary work while not insisting on other phenomenon or at the same time not insisting that Paul's conversion phenomenon should be experienced by all being saved is selective insistence on phenomenon.

The lack of understanding, experience and in these distinctions of phenomenon and in manifestations in Christianity leads to confusion, fear, misunderstanding and wrong doctrines and practices or lack of practices in manifesting the power of Holy Spirit. My post is another attempt to clarify and expose the truth as the body of Christ is not operating as much as it could or should what God wants.

I tried to correct a few typos, edits did not get saved.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service