Adventist Online

"You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, with ALL your soul, and with ALL your mind. This is the first and great commandment."

Is it possible for ALL the heart, mind, soul and strength to express love for God and man?

I would say, Yes indeed!

Because no part of the Christian is necessarily reserved for sin... is it?
No part of the Christian is necessarily at enmity with God... is it?

SC

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1Corinthians 13 is a wonderful chapter! Partly because it shows us what it is possible for us to be, and partly because it gives us a description of God's character. Of course it is written that God IS love.

Therefore, in my view, it is not wrong to replace the word "love" (or "charity" kjv) with the word "God", every time the word appears in this chapter of inspiration.

The Ten Commandments are a transcript [a written expression] of the character of God.
In the same way, the description of Divine Love, given here in 1Cor 13, may also be understood as a transcript of His character.

There is a great deal of depth and substance in every facet, in every part, of the description.

SC
I definitely agree with you Gabriel.
I agree Atul. Human love and God's love are different things.

We all start with the human kind of love, but that kind of love shows favoritism. God's love won't do that -- it is different. It is for everyone. Jesus asks us to love our enemies, and to do good to those that actively hate us, because that is exactly what God Himself does, and we are to be His children (i.e. we are to share His character)..

Christian love isn't just a higher "degree" of normal, human love [although it can look that way sometimes]. Christian love really is something quite different. It will do things that "normal" love will not, and simply cannot, do.

Mrs. White, a teacher that I have a lot of respect for, made a comment one time that the qualities, "that [God] prizes most are purity and love, and these are possessed only by the Christian."

A big statement, but I believe it is true.

SC

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by