Adventist Online

..or those who question why God doesn't save everyone.

The wrong premise that comes with Universalism, is that the wicked will die is not true because it would then be a limitation in God, it holds that if all are not saved, it limits God and His ability to heal all sin. It really is failure on their part to realize that God cannot create character. God can create sinless beings, but the character must be developed by the freewill choices of the person. While God does possess the power to overwrite the individuality of a person and instill His perfection without their consent, to do so would destroy that person and create a basically a robot, where that person used to be. This action would violate God’s own character of love, which never compels, never coerces, and never forces. Love only exists in an atmosphere of freedom. So the Universalist idea, that God’s love will one day be so compelling that all will be overwhelmed and become godly, actually presents a God who is not love, but rather a dictator who forces everyone to be like Him. Genuine love, as painful as it is, allows the rejection of love.

The next idea that is problem in Universalism, is that forgiveness solves the sin problem. If sin is the breaking of rules and requires punishment, but Jesus paid the punishment, then wouldn’t God forgive everyone? And if God forgives everyone, won’t all be saved?

The argument is that there is no limit to God’s forgiveness; therefore, all are forgiven and so all will be saved. While it is true that God’s forgiveness is limitless and that He forgives everyone, forgiveness does not equal salvation.  For Universalists, if a person is pardoned, he or she is freed from the punishment of the law and since God forgives everyone, then everyone must be saved. But the reality we find is that while you can forgive a person for overdosing on drugs, the forgiveness doesn’t prevent the damage done and the user still dies.

Jesus forgave those who crucified Him, but the evidence shows that many were not changed by that forgiveness. They remained selfish, and full of iniquity and within their hearts still hated truth and love. Thus, if God would take them to heaven anyway, it would be a place of torture to them, as they by their choices, have rejected love and truth and developed selfish characters that will not find God’s unveiled infinite love and truth enjoyable, they rather flee from God, begging to have the mountains crush them to hide them from Him.

Views: 1378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some people may argue or suppose that their religion is the truth; I’m sure as a SDA you believe that you have a certain truth;(this is something that I too recited regularly).  Religion for some has become their God, while others may remove themselves from it because of the obvious hypocrisy of it. People believe God by faith, we don’t know, but as the bible teaches, the Spirit itself witness to our spirit that we are the sons of God. Now, this is true, if you are a Christian believer, but what if you embrace some other form of religious belief?

There are human beings who are wicked in the world, who have aligned themselves with Satan. I’m not talking about those who may commit evil acts, some of which is due to mental illness or other societal inputs.

We must consider the fact that Satan had been exposed to true knowledge; complete knowledge.  Yes had, because he is now chained in darkness; his intellect is darkened.

Mankind on the other hand never had and does not have true knowledge; human knowledge is mingled with sin. Man partook of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Man has knowledge, but that knowledge is corrupt. In his world, man is also influenced by the great deceiver; Satan who leads the whole world astray.

In this age, many are called out of this world now, not "all”. This is demonstrated in Mark 4:11

10But when they were by themselves, those twelve who were with him inquired of him about that parable. 11Yeshua said to them, "It has been given to you to know the secrets of the Kingdom of God, but to outsiders, everything has been in parables," 12"So that seeing they shall see and not see, and hearing they shall hear and they shall not understand, unless perhaps they shall be converted and their sins shall be forgiven them."

This should tell us, there will be a time when those on the outside will obtain true knowledge; but how will that happen, if not now?  The wicked have no desire for God’s knowledge. Job 21:13

They spend their days in prosperity and go down to Sheol in peace. 14Yet they say to God: ‘Leave us alone! For we have no desire to know Your ways. 15Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him, and what would we gain if we pray to Him?’…

So, it seems for God the be fair, everyone must be given true knowledge. Everyone will be saved but the wicked, those who rejects the true knowledge of God.

Gene said:

"Some people may argue or suppose that their religion is the truth; I’m sure as a SDA you believe that you have a certain truth;(this is something that I too recited regularly).  Religion for some has become their God, while others may remove themselves from it because of the obvious hypocrisy of it."

Do you call SDA Hypocrites?

Yes Gene, religion can become someone's god.

Religion; from Latin, religare; to bind back, in a negative sense.

Benicio stated; "James with do all respect, what you are saying is spiritual fornication." 

What statement by me are you referring to and what do you mean? 

James said:

"What statement by me are you referring to and what do you mean?" 

I let Benicio answer for himself. But to me, it's not hard to see you are the kind of Bible student who finds a verse that says something and you grab it and run with it even when it has been pointed out to you that what you say is not in keeping with what the rest of the Bible says. Take the issue about the mark of the beast where you claim its a computer chip. That kind of Bible study is spiritual fornication.  

Excellent post Gene about the 1000 reign of The Messiah! 

Ezekiel 40-48 also describes the Sanctuary, that is different in size, proportion, and design than any of the two temples. The third temple is already planned by the Temple Institute in Jerusalem to which when built and the sacrifices and offering will be resumed, that the Antichrist will go into and proclaim and sit as god. Then Jesus will return but not until after that event. See Appendix #88 below of the Companion Bible. The whole Appendixes are included below which is great research too, as well as the Companion Bible which is available in PDF on the web for free.

https://levendwater.org/companion/append88.html

Attachments:

Posts like this should not be allowed here. This is an Adventist site, not a happy clapper site.  

Religion deceives and quenches and defies the holy spirit (referring to the gift of God).

Religion also divides the one spiritual body of Christ, and often there is hatred for other Christians instead of the love of God. The above post is an excellent example of the above and of those that separate themselves and are carnal.

The Catholic Church also punished and persecuted and even killed and tortured those that disagreed, and said "This is a Catholic country, this should not be allowed."

You do not have the Holy Spirit, you do not keep the Sabbath as it has been pointed out to you, you have rejected it, as you believe the mark is a computer chip. You lie and cheat and generally is an obnoxious character. How you think that would qualify you to be part of the Body of Christ is beyond me. The spirit of self-aggrandizement is the spirit of Satan talking about being Carnal.

It is interesting that James uses the term deceive. What do you call it when someone declares that they will uphold a set of beliefs and then manifestly denies those same beliefs?

Every time that he posts on this site James agrees to uphold the beliefs and teachings of the SDA Church - it is a declaration that he makes every time he posts and yet he claims persecution when it is pointed out.

For several years James has been posting on a site that is for SDAs, he knows it well enough as it has been pointed out to him countless times over the years. Yet, despite the obvious deceit that he practices he makes out that he is the one being persecuted.

No-one is forcing him to lie, it is something that he does voluntarily over a long period of time. We know that the Holy Spirit does not practice deceit and we know well who it is that is the father of lies. There is nothing more to be said, he exposes himself every time that he posts. 

It is to God, the one body of Christ and to the sacred secrets as revealed ti Paul that we are to be sold out to, not a denomination. You reveal your identification with the antichrist by your eye of Horus, and failure to confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh and is the Son of God. You show your identity by word and deed and hatred and denial.

I previously explained the ambiguity of the entrance statements to the site years ago. An SDA member invited me to join at the time. You separate the body of Christ and deny the holy spirit while parading your wicked witchcraft sigil magick image that mocks Christ everytime you appear here.

God directed me to attend the SDA church and He wants me to stand and declare and witness here whether you want it or not.

Your wicked image is named by you Big Brother, which comes from the Book 1984, which is the general plan of the illuminati as revealed by George Orwell who was an MI6 British Agent.

You glorify Lucifer by your evil image and presence every time your all seeing eye is present, which is continuing blasphemy, witchcraft and mocking God and Christ.

Not only the above, but the upside down cross revealed by the negative space in the new SDA logo is also a Satanic mockery of Christ and both your image and the logo proves Satanic infiltration at the top leadership, as no true Christian would continue to parade these Satanic symbols once pointed out to them, nor fail to confess the test that John stated that shows the spirit of Antichrist.

I am sure JohnB can reply for himself if he so wishes to a post that is proving you are a liar and an agent for Satan. I am the first to admit that the SDA Church has some problems with the Leadership wanting to cozy up to the Churches of the world. And I know you are only here to convert us to happy clappers. How is it going have you converted anyone, I don't believe you have. You say God directed you to here that is a lie the only one who could direct you to here would be Satan because you are Satan's seed, and as we can see on your posts you are only here to sow discord and divisiveness. Do you say you are a witness I wonder what are you a witness to and for? Satan? The spirit of self-aggrandizement is the spirit of Satan. 

I suppose I should not be surprised that James' only response is to attack the one who points out his hypocrisy - I could have written the above response myself, so predictable is his behaviour.

All of his above post is an irrelevant attack on another, fixated on the idea that if he can accuse another of bigger sin then it somehow excuses his own sin. The attitude of a bully mixed with claims of gnosis (one of the first deceptions to enter the Christian Church).

However, in a rare moment of honesty James said, "God directed me to attend the SDA church and He wants me to stand and declare and witness here whether you want it or not." (Emphasis mine)

Out of a 277-word response, 25 actually go to the point whilst 252 are an attack on me and the SDA Church. In this sentence James claims that God has directed him to repeatedly lie and misrepresent himself - one must surely ask, which god is James following?

A god who advocates breaking at least 2 of the 10 Commandments. 

No true Christian would misrepresent himself and deny God's commands in order to attempt self-glorification and surely one must question his personal motivation? God does not direct people to lie to bring others to the truth, on the contrary He directs us to be honest and to be people who keep the Commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. You have so much to learn, James, that much is apparent, and you will only learn when you fall on the Rock Jesus Christ and be broken in true humility. We have pled with you for years to cease your wilful disregard for God's Commandments and turn to Jesus and be converted - do you not realise that you imperil your soul's salvation by your behaviour on this site? There are so many other SDA sites that you could infect without having to continuously lie to maintain your presence - so why lose your soul's salvation here just to prove that you are a liar and a hypocrite.

Matthew 5:37 "But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."

Psalms 31:18 "Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous."

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service