Adventist Online

..or those who question why God doesn't save everyone.

The wrong premise that comes with Universalism, is that the wicked will die is not true because it would then be a limitation in God, it holds that if all are not saved, it limits God and His ability to heal all sin. It really is failure on their part to realize that God cannot create character. God can create sinless beings, but the character must be developed by the freewill choices of the person. While God does possess the power to overwrite the individuality of a person and instill His perfection without their consent, to do so would destroy that person and create a basically a robot, where that person used to be. This action would violate God’s own character of love, which never compels, never coerces, and never forces. Love only exists in an atmosphere of freedom. So the Universalist idea, that God’s love will one day be so compelling that all will be overwhelmed and become godly, actually presents a God who is not love, but rather a dictator who forces everyone to be like Him. Genuine love, as painful as it is, allows the rejection of love.

The next idea that is problem in Universalism, is that forgiveness solves the sin problem. If sin is the breaking of rules and requires punishment, but Jesus paid the punishment, then wouldn’t God forgive everyone? And if God forgives everyone, won’t all be saved?

The argument is that there is no limit to God’s forgiveness; therefore, all are forgiven and so all will be saved. While it is true that God’s forgiveness is limitless and that He forgives everyone, forgiveness does not equal salvation.  For Universalists, if a person is pardoned, he or she is freed from the punishment of the law and since God forgives everyone, then everyone must be saved. But the reality we find is that while you can forgive a person for overdosing on drugs, the forgiveness doesn’t prevent the damage done and the user still dies.

Jesus forgave those who crucified Him, but the evidence shows that many were not changed by that forgiveness. They remained selfish, and full of iniquity and within their hearts still hated truth and love. Thus, if God would take them to heaven anyway, it would be a place of torture to them, as they by their choices, have rejected love and truth and developed selfish characters that will not find God’s unveiled infinite love and truth enjoyable, they rather flee from God, begging to have the mountains crush them to hide them from Him.

Views: 1372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Gene! Excellent post. The SDA doctrine denies the 1000 year reign of Christ in the millennium, as well as thinking the whole earth has no one living on it.

There is a final attack on Jerusalem and God will rain fire down and consume them, then Jesus turns the Kingdom over to God when all the enemies are subdued.

Then God will dwell on earth with mankind for eternity. Revelation 20 onwards as authority.

Peace

Nope, your wrong brother James... Well,.. there will be one person living here on earth during the 1000 years, the one who started this mess from the beginning.

The righteous saints gets caught up in the air with Jesus, and they go to the Father's house with the mansions. That is where Jesus Himself said He was going to prepare for the saints. 

Now, the question is, where is the Father's house with the mansions? 

Blessings! 

James, you better stick to the computer chip. 

Reasoning: the gathering together occurs before the 1000 year millennium.

There is a Millennial Sanctuary according to Ezekiel 40-48 that is unlike in dimensions or design of the Tabernacle and the 2 Temples.

What is this sanctuary for?

Reasoning: See Appendix # 88 of The Companion Bible below for the diagram and information regarding the Millennial Sanctuary.

Attachments:

Peace 

wherever the Father's house is, that's where the saints will be.

John14: 2 In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going

Where do you believe Jesus went to, and where do you believe the Father's house is located?

Blessings! 

Peace 

Gene wrote: "You have a fairy-tale view of the second coming. As you believe Christ is coming back to take you and people like you to heaven where you can build mansion, go over books and whatever else your imagination can think of. However, the bible gives us a true picture; Jesus is coming to take charge of this world."

I respect your opinion, however there is nothing fairly-tale about SDA doctrine. I pray I'm amongst the saints of GOD, you as well... and yes, the Bible teaches the saints will take flight and get caught up in the air with Jesus to go to the Father's house with the mansions.

Your wrong, I believe the mansions are built in the Father's house already brother Gene. I haven't read anywhere that we will be building anything in the Father's house. Either way, it's doesn't change the fact that the saints will be in the Father's house.

Where do you believe the Father's house is located? Because wherever the Father's house is, that's where the saints will be. 

John14: 2 In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going

As far Jesus ruling the nations with a rod of iron, that time is during the final ingathering, Zech.14 shows this, it's also the time of the Loud Cry/Latter rain. This is the time the prophecies you bring forth is pointing to, it's before the 1000 years. 

This is something the Sherherds rod (Davidians) teach, even though many sects of Davidians have different views of this time,  they Universally believe a Kingdom being established before the 1000 years. There are prophecies that points to that fact. But you trying to put that time during the 1000 years is not scriptural. 

Blessings! 

James with do all respect, what you are saying is spiritual fornication.   

Peace 

Hey, brother Gene, are you going to answer the question? 

Don't tell me after all this time back and forth, all I had to ask you is where is the Father's house located?  

Because it's a fact the Saints are going to the Father's house.. Jesus said so. 

John14: 2 In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.

Blessings! 

I have referred to the sanctuary of Ezekiel 40-48, with diagram of the sanctuary and extensive writing of appendix 88 of the Companion Bible.

The sanctuary will be functioning during the 1000 year reign, as it will be in the center of Jerusalem. People will bring offerings and those nations that do not shall suffer drought.

SDA doctrine ignores Ezekiel 40-48.

None of you have read the materials as your religion holds you in bondage to any contrary truth. You are quick to judge, quick to condemn and some quick to anger. But refuse to read the materials provided earlier. Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

James SDA does not ignore any part of the Bible but clearly, we have not come to the same point of view as you have. When you think the mark of the beast is a computer chip. It becomes clear that you read your Bible different to us. Where you use human understanding instead of letting the Holy Spirit guide you. 

Reasoning, I want to apologize for saying your view is a fairy -tale view. But at the same time, can we let our traditions interfere with what the bible is actually speaking of.

When Christ brings the saints into his presences and receive them, he is not in the Fathers house. The Father’s house (heaven) is where Jesus went to receive authority to reign, and it is also where mansions (offices) were prepared for all those who will reign with the Christ.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

It is never said, the saint will rule in heaven for that time, but only “that where I am, there ye may be also.”

The work of Christ and of the kingdom of priests will be in this world, and that should good news!

The seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven saying: The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Messiah, and He will reign forever and ever!

Jesus and the kingdom of priests have been ordained to reign first.

24Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power. 25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

28And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all.

29If these things are not so, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.…

4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.”…

There is a purpose Jesus must reign on earth, God’s plan of salvation depends upon it and this is why he made those of the first resurrection a kingdom of priests.

And they sang a new song: “Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. 10You have made them into a kingdom, priests to serve our God, and they will reign upon the earth.

To place the saints in heaven during this time, you have to omit multitude of prophecies, as the view you present does.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service