Adventist Online

Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their characters must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort they must be conquerors in the battle with evil.

— The Great Controversy, chapter 24
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20
For those who support the authority of Ellen White in all matters of scriptural interpretation, I would like to see the scriptural support of this concept. She appears to be advocating for perfection in the flesh without the assistance of Christ. And how does this statement exist along with the statements made by Christ himself in Matthew.
Matthew 28:20

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You said,  from personal experience, you heard people speak of Ellen as if she was God. Can you give us an example of what you heard. 

In Need, does Ellen White's writings draw people to Jesus or away from Him towards Satan?

You are just twisted. I never said that. But your comments are implying that God is not enough. Clearly, you can't get past anything, and the focus is not on God. That is where,my friend, it belongs. wow I have to go so deep. People dont seem to understands. EGW don't get you to Heaven God does. Make it about God.

No one  is rejecting the Bible here. I am amazed that some seem to get that Idea. What we do not like is to be told by a EGW bash'er and a person that is clearly not a 100% adventist, that we are not to read EGW,  

Are you saying that we are not worshiping God? There is 3 things that are Holy that we can see and worship God in The Sabbath, The Tithe, and The Marriage. If you are breaking any of those you are in sin. 

I responded above Elijah.    Our walk with God is much more than that.    In order to withstand what is coming we need Christ to live in us.  We have to go through refining.  He will release the winds at some point and if you don't have enough oil, you will not survive.  I am not here to bash EGW, I just chose to just put my study in the word of God only.  I just decided to let Him be my guide.  I am weak on my own, as we all are, but if you want to get ready, if you want to make it to Heaven, lean on Him.

Amen Sister Amen

In need Prayer.

Your choice is the right one.

Leon

Ian

What is 100% Adventist? You make is sound like a cultish indoctrination. I believe that some trade the wisdom of God for the wisdom of the historical representation of Ellen White. This process deviates from true Christianity. Much like a Christian placing any other figure above Christ. Joseph Smith, the Pope, John Calvin, or whomever one chooses. The key is to understand the role of Gods servants and the role and authority of God.  For example I believe that the SDA church as erred in this comment.

"The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested"

By stating that she and those who helped her create her works, speak with prophetic authority, negates the subsequent comments, that the teaching must be tested by the Bible. The authority concept cancels out the testing practice. Most SDA's cannot conceive of an error by Ellen White. She is presented as sinless, and her work is presented as the word of God. Two concepts that are dangerous for Christians and can run the risk of hindering their relationship with Christ.

Leon

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by