Adventist Online

Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their characters must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort they must be conquerors in the battle with evil.

— The Great Controversy, chapter 24
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20
For those who support the authority of Ellen White in all matters of scriptural interpretation, I would like to see the scriptural support of this concept. She appears to be advocating for perfection in the flesh without the assistance of Christ. And how does this statement exist along with the statements made by Christ himself in Matthew.
Matthew 28:20

Views: 578

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stop seeing as a beating.   For me it is about a need, a necessity for our people, to lean on God more.  These are some serious times, and the message has to be preached to all the world.   As a point made in another thread the message hinders others from joining this church.  I believe that the SDA is the true church, and I have such a passion for God.   This is not about me, this is about the Father and the Son and we need all the truth to be taught so that people can join us in heaven.  My mission is to save souls as is God's.  

It is so key that we have that relationship in us so that people can see the light in us.   If we make this relationship about Him first, our entire walk will change.   We are so consumed with doctrine, EGW, SDA, and not God.  I am saying this because when I shifted and He started to teach me the way he wants me to move, and I see the difference, I see the affects of His work in me, I see how God using me, is securing souls.   I just wanted to share the experience. 

I just want the message spread.   I got a word, God is looking to spread a virus, a good virus, He wants to spread His love to all people, so that they fall in love with Him and become changed.

Are you willing to help spread the virus, are you willing to spread His love to others.   Don't take my word for it, get on you knees and go to Him in prayer.    Let Him direct you.

Are you willing to help spread the virus, are you willing to spread His love to others.

You are calling Ellen White a virus?

Look, I do not worship Isaiah or Jeremiah or any of the minor prophets but I read what they have to say.  It is Biblical that God sends leaders and people to churches in there own time. Calvin, Luther and Wesley were all servants of there time does anyone worship them.  I think the problem is not so much EGW but rather the what is taught and believed by SDA's.  I don't have the problem my views are balanced I think you may have the problem but that is between you and the Lord.

no Bart, God is infecting His people with a virus of love.   It is a good virus is what I said.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Proverbs 27:6

In Need of Prayer,  do you think that to love some one you always have to make nice and use words that flatter.  Do you think love is fluff and warm feelings and easy words like you see on a refrigerator magnate. 

Love is difficult, love is like the drops of blood that Jesus sweat from his brow.

no Bart, God is infecting His people with a virus of love.   It is a good virus is what I said.

Is that really the way to describe Gods love?

What I see in what you are doing here is trying to push in a subtle way the doctrines that are accepted by false protestant teaching. 

If you are talking to me, then you have my agenda wrong. And if you think that Ellen White doesn't deviate from the Bible, then you aren't taking an honest look.

Leon

Leon we do not look at misguided EGW Bash sites like you do. 

I just heard a powerful sermon yesterday, and one message delivered, was EGW was flesh and far from perfect.  We all know who is perfect, and the simple fact of the matter is that if we relied on the perfect one or ones, we will never fail.  Our message would reach more.    But many don't understand how powerful He is.    

Make comments like this, because you think we are attacking the religion/EGW like she is gospel.   I will always worship on Sabbath, because scripture tells us too.    I don't consider myself a SDA but a child of God.   There will not be religion in heaven, we are here to worship God in spirit and in truth.  We will worship Him in Heaven, all men will worship 

God.    Try it family.   Worship God

Are you the man Leon with a bag of dead flies going around and placing their little carcasses in as many jars of ointment as possible out of spite?

You find truth in the Bible Leon not on EGW bash sites or the Jesuit handbook in "How to infiltrate a Protestant religion" 

I like the quote, beautiful. BTW noone has ever said Ellen White was perfect.

As a convert to the Seventh Day Adventist church I take exception to Adventists who are constantly apologizing for the truth they believe in.  If you are trying to come across as compassionate and loving and not someone who is condemning the belief of others I understand but why apologize for the doctrine and truth that we have.  I like the meme you posted but who are you applying it to?  I do not go on Baptist, Methodist, or Catholic websites and bash on them and what they believe and yet it is perfectly Okay with you to have Leon here questioning and teaching his beliefs.  I love Leon that is why there is a question mark at the end of dead flies question.  What is his motivation and while I am on that what is your motivation?  Are you also someone who has left the church?  

This leads to another question, you state that; "There will not be religion in heaven",  is the SDA church just another denomination or faction of the Christian religion?  The SDA faith is a movement of people toward truth and many of its members are in other churches coming out of false teachings.  John 4:24 says;  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.  This contradicts what you are saying and it is not Ellen White says it, it is the Bible that says it.  There is nothing about being some ecumenical family holding hands around a campfire singing kumbaya.  Read the scripture before and after 4:24.  

I go church every Sabbath Bart, and I just posted above, on this thread about my belief keeping Sabbath, so you can't call me a Catholic, or anything of the sort.   There will be no religion in Heaven, but worshipping the Father, and the fact remains we will just worship Him and not EGW in heaven, was the point.   

I posted above my reasons.   I am not here to support anyone but the Father.   As mentioned, it is time for us to shift to a relationship with God.  Make God our all in all.   Your relationship will change.  But we think because we go church every week, we sing songs, we pray and read the bible, we will be in Heaven.   I am passionate because of what God has brought me through.   I am so happy I am not who I was 3 or 4 years  ago.   I was a swearing woman.    I now have nothing but love for God and His people, and I believe He is our best teacher.   I also know that what He did for me, He will do for you.  My experience, He took the R&B music from me and showed me how I could be a better person without that.    How my spirit was calmer without all that negative influence, and then He taught me how to turn the other cheek.    He is God alone, He is more powerful than any Human but he wants to equip us with that power.  But we must focus on God and His Son so the truth can be taught.  Sometimes we just need to experience Him.  He is a jealous God.   What I found the more I leaned on Him the more love He showered me with when it came to favour.  Now I and my family have favour.  I remember one day driving and all I could hear was here comes an attack, but I have you.    Two seconds later the tire came off a car and hit an ambulance, but the tire came off after the car passed me, I could see it in my rearview mirror, my family was in the car and we could hear the screeching as the car started to go out of control, and it happened just as it came  close to us.    We all knew that it was a near miss. 

People attack me, God shows me the attack and He places me in their space when he rebukes them so I know how he handled them.       But you will say He does the same for you and I don't doubt it, I am saying, try it and see how much more He will do.  I am saying, I am a living testimony, not saying that you are not because I believe we all love the Lord, I am just saying make a change to devote your life to God, make Him #1, and see what else comes.

I am not attacking you.  It is a discussion and I have only asked questions and I never said you were Catholic and I never asked if you went to church on Sabbath.  My point is what is the motivation for the EG White attacks?  

I just wanted to clarify my position.  

As I said this is not about attacks on EGW for me, I just find that on this site, everything is EGW but I honestly believe more focus should be on God.  My personal experience was hearing people speak of her like she is God and it frustrates me because that takes away from who God is.  That is an insult to someone who is Mighty, Powerful, Deliverer, and much more.

Especially when that person has made mistakes.  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service