Adventist Online

Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their characters must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort they must be conquerors in the battle with evil.

— The Great Controversy, chapter 24
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20
For those who support the authority of Ellen White in all matters of scriptural interpretation, I would like to see the scriptural support of this concept. She appears to be advocating for perfection in the flesh without the assistance of Christ. And how does this statement exist along with the statements made by Christ himself in Matthew.
Matthew 28:20

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK newer mind God may forgive your Lies.

I looked hard at the protestant religion I was raised in and I found it to have doctrines that did not fit with what the Bible said, such as: the teaching of the rapture, eternal spirits rising up from the dead, word of faith, health and wealth preachers, drinking alcohol and eating pork are blessed along with football.   They have their own false prophets and  false prophecy.  Coming out of the disjointed and incoherent doctrines I doubted everything about SDA teaching, especially Ellen White, but what I found was the Bible, and  prophecy that made sense.  There is nothing I read written by Ellen White that I do not compare to the Bible.  What I see in what you are doing here is trying to push in a subtle way the doctrines that are accepted by false protestant teaching. 

Pushing the Bible is not pushing other doctriine.   For me, if I was told just read the Bible I really would not see anything wong with it.  It blows my miind how this group of people thought I was a problem because I said read God's word, and His Word only.  That does not sit right with me.   You see there is a way that seemeth right to a man, the end thereof is the way of death.    Nothing beats scripture, but you reject it.  That just blows my mind.

Who rejected Scripture?

In my opinion, and you can call it an assumption if you like, but guess what, like I said, if I were asked,  I would have said I would just read scripture, no argument.   Simple question, no one said you had too, "If God said so, what would you do", you rejected scripture.   I can't give up EGW, I need her"  Again, I would have accepted.  So those who did not say I would, rejected scripture.

In this short paragraph you have used the word "I" five times.  This may the be the issue. "I" should be set aside for "Lord".  It is not what "I" think but what the Bible says that matters.

You said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." Isaiah 14:13,14

How many times did Satan use 'I' here?

That is the best you got, Bart and Jason.   I just read something in a book and in scripture.  I would be called evil for righteousness sake.   I was referring to my post, and to make me look evil you switched it.   Wow, that is bad.  I will not call this for what it is.  Just because some things are better left unsaid.   God will avenge you

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 5:11 - the Bible text was in a book I was reading..... to clarify before you think to twist that.

the point here was about God, I was doing good for God, but you bought Satan in and twisted it.  Be careful gentleman.  Don't let Satan use you please.

Not insulting you just point it out.  Proverbs in the Bible tells us how to gain wisdom.  Gaining wisdom is accepting our faults when they are pointed out.  Just pointing out the "I" thing.   It is better to hear  "the Bible says" rather than "I think". 

I find it funny that this whole time I have only quoted the Bible to you.  Maybe that flew right past you.

It was just a point being made...we have reference to Satan by Jason. You have gone past the fact that I was pointing out that I just asked a question.   This was never about me.  I was responding to a post saying my only purpose was to direct to God.  Jason has posted scripture about Satan.  Again, never about me, just reason for my question. But you and Jason decide to twist it.  Not good.

This is not personal or about you or Leon as persons rather about Bible teaching.  You and Leon are for all I know wonderful people and undoubtedly loved by Jesus. There is no issue at all with reading the Bible. Mostly what I study and read is the Bible because I work for a living I have little time to read anything else other than the Bible.  My problem is how unbalanced this is.  There is this constant theme of taking the poor dead Mrs Ellen White to the wood shed for a beating.  It is quit obvious that if she died and was not translated she was not perfect.  So why is it that some SDA have the need to beat on EGW?  Shame, dislike of Adventist doctrine wanting to fit in with the world, wanting to be like other denominations etc.  So why oh why is there no pointing out of what is wrong with the world instead of this constant self flagellation of our beliefs. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service