Adventist Online

The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.” Acts of the Apostles, p. 52

Is this passage true? Can we understand the Nature of the Holy Spirit, or is it a misunderstood mystery?

Given the early SDA Churches confusion on the role and personage of the Holy Spirit, does this passage reflect a fundamental understanding of the purpose of  the Holy Spirit in our lives?

Views: 875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow no prophet for a 100 years, is that a proof to you that God is not with the SDA church? We should remember that the Jews did not have a prophet for 400 years and then came John and Jesus. 

We need to remember God does not follow human time scales as Apostle Peter says;

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Leon is not a Jesuit. We can learn from many people if open to it and meek in spirit?

Unlike yourself I see. 

Mark 3:29 "Most certainly I tell you, all sins of the descendants of man will be forgiven, including their blasphemies with which they may blaspheme; 29 but whoever may blaspheme against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" 30 —because they said, "He has an unclean spirit.".not referring to me, but to Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is in charge of the body of Christ, and the manifestations, declaring them evil is essentially calling Jesus evil, and is totally disrespectful to the Father and the Son, and in essence spitting on GOD's Holy things.

What's this calling yourself equal to Jesus? If we say you have a demon is saying Jesus is a demon? Really I suggest you get some help. 

Bart

I am only stating the truth. If you have an issue with the truth, then it hinders you ability to understand how the beliefs of the SDA Church were formulated. The only qualification I need to is to present the truth. You can hate the messenger, but I does not change the truth.

Leon

Leon said: 

I am only stating the truth.

I think leon that it should be rather your view of the truth heavily shaded with the Jesuit colours.  

Hello Bart

Instead of attacking the messenger answer the question.  My premise has always been that most SDA are not taught to look into the history of the Church and how its ideology was developed. You have been taught to believe without question, which is always harmful and produced flawed faith.

Leon

Well well Leon seems like you are calling the SDA Church a cult. Because that is what you are describing here. I must say that to my experience with the SDA  church that has not been my experience, I have always been encouraged to check it out with the Bible and the history book. 

Hello Ian

There are Some in the SDA Church to are into cultism. They seek a relationship with a person or an organization rather than one with Christ. There are some who worship the SOP and use it to supplant scripture. They also attack and demonize those who question them. This is behavior consistent with a cult.

Leon

Thanks for reply Leon I must be living in a corner of the world that God has blessed with freedom from those things you describe. Here in the SDAC I have seen no one who insist that the SOP is above the Bible. I sometimes have heard words Quoted from SOP but no one was giving the person doing that a hard time.  

I do note that the RCC does hold up tradition as superior to the Bible. Not to mention the Worship of the Pope as the infallible head of the RCC. And as I mentioned before did hide away the bible from the people, promoting dead persons as saints to be worshiped. That to me a very cultish behaviour.  

What you will find is that your beloved catholic church qualifies a lot more to be a cult. As they have been hiding the bible from the people for millennia, because they was claiming things that was not part of the bible and did not want to be found out. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service