Adventist Online

The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden.” Acts of the Apostles, p. 52

Is this passage true? Can we understand the Nature of the Holy Spirit, or is it a misunderstood mystery?

Given the early SDA Churches confusion on the role and personage of the Holy Spirit, does this passage reflect a fundamental understanding of the purpose of  the Holy Spirit in our lives?

Views: 832

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Shannon

All good things come from God (James 1:17) . Satan was not and is not interested in civil rights.

Leon

James in case you have forgotten I re post the rules here for you I know I break some of them myself and for that I am sorry 

1. Be loving. Discuss issues with Christ-like love for your brothers and sisters here.
  2. Be truthful.  Do not mislead others.  Speak only words that have a factual basis.  Do not speculate about suspicions.
  3. No vulgarity, profanity, or crass ugliness will be tolerated.  Threats of any nature are strictly forbidden.
  4. Don't call names, make personal attacks, or use negative stereotypes against other people or groups of people.
  5. No belittling of individual people, their character, their beliefs, or their motives.
  6. Only rebut issues, NOT the people who write them.  Do not negatively characterize others' positions or beliefs with your own value judgment.  Simply state how you think the belief is wrong and what you believe the correct interpretation is, while giving your basis for your belief.
  7. Don't put words in other people's mouths that they have never said. (This does not, of course, prohibit quoting their words from previous posts.)
  8. Don't post in the public forum personal differences, arguments, old grudges, hearsay, private messages, etc.  No spamming discussion forum or chat rooms with off-topic, useless or repeated messages.
  9. No spamming, soliciting money, commercial messages, or link farming. Ideological links at odds with the SDA church and Commercial links / messages are only allowed on your own personal profile page.  Members agree to not use any of the following ways to advertise, promote, or repeatedly link to any website: Status Updates, Comments, Chat, Videos, Photos, Groups, Blogs, Forum Discussions, Messages (both public and private), Member Name and Profile Picture.  Members further agree to not use Adventist Online as a platform to invite Adventist Onlines' members to any other membership site.
  10. Adventist Online is not a place to state your beliefs without accountability for their Biblical and/or Spirit of Prophecy basis.  Adventist Online is not a place to silence those who do not agree with you.  Do not stop the open exchange of ideas and the search for His truth by closing active discussions, blocking or deleting comments to your blog entries, videos, etc.
  11. Listen to, and cooperate with, moderators. Challenging the decisions/actions/inaction of moderator/s in the open forum is not acceptable behavior.  Use the "Report an Issue" link located at the bottom of every page to address issues.
  12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.
  13. Only one profile is permitted per person.  Only one person is permitted to use each profile.  Each profile represents one person (the account holder) and is not a separate unique entity.  The profile is the representation of the person who established it.  The person and their profile are one and the same.
  14. If you ever feel justified for being negative or antagonistic toward another person...  prayerfully see rule #1 and DON'T.

James seems to me you read the rules the same way you read the bible you pick out the bits that suits. 

We welcome all seekers of God's truth here, and how to handle those that oppose us, you left the context out, and the part about the spirit in which we work. which further implies non church members can join, and what is the church. I attended SDA for quite some time when I joined here. So you Elijah don't want or like other Christians here. I have already explained in detail how ambiguous the rules and advice are that you left out, no where does it say none SDA can join, and what is an SDA?

There are some here that don't believe in the Trinity and believe in the Holy spirit. You don't, you think everything and everyone is Satanic. You are not welcoming but hostile, not only against me, but against the spirit that you mock. People can differ and still be respected, but you can't do that.

When a person like you as arrogant and think himself superior to others. Displaying fruits of the flesh, and tries to teach us to speak in tongues. Demands we worship you as a superior being, I think you will run in to some resistance. 

As I said before you read the rules as you want and pick out the bits that suit you. That just displays more signs of the spirit of the flesh. 

Peace

Brother Clark & AO wrote " 12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists. We welcome all seekers of God's truth here. We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses. Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word. We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted."

Brother James, I understand what your saying, by it stating "we welcome all seekers", that would lead a person to believe that all people from different churches/denominations are able to join. But I believe the sentence just before that statement debunks that thought..
"This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.".... That statement right there debunks the thought that all people from different denominations can join Adventist Online.

The statement suggests if you want to join, you must believe in the teachings of the 7th Day Adventist Church. The site is for 7th Day Adventist brother James, and again, in order to join you must believe in the teachings of the 7th Day Adventist Church, the heading says " connecting Seventh Day Adventist every day ", the questions asked to join is base on being a 7th Day Adventist.

Brother JohnB has brought this to your attention before, if you don't believe in the teachings of the 7th day Adventist Church, and you join this site, then that means you lied to join the site.

Now, we still got love for those in different denominations, and since your here, your right, you must be respected, we must show a Christ like character at all times.

Also, to brother Ian (Elijah) point, you seem to get over hype when people don't agree with you, or see things totally your way. Like speaking in different tongues, you have your beliefs and we have ours, of course there will be resistance, why? Because 7th Day Adventist has a different belief than you. Other churches don't believe in babbling as well, not just SDA. If there is a unknown language to speak, then GOD will give us the time to speak it, but most importantly to understand it.

My friend, there are sites that you can go to and debate different beliefs... But "This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.". We have enough of our own different beliefs within the SDA Church, so those "... Seekers of GOD'S truth" can come here to discuss different points of view from those you uphold the fundamental teachings of the SDA Church.

Blessings!
I was attending an SDA church that was very friendly and welcoming and continued to be when I joined here: How welcoming and inclusive of you in upholding the truth of the one body of Christ. I am glad that God accepted me in the beloved as it says in Ephesians. Now that I can rely on.

The Jews, especially the Pharisees were very particular whom they hung out with. They kept the Sabbaths, tithed, did their best to keep all 613 laws, even pulling a hair on the Sabbath was considered work. Despite all that they missed something?

So what are you trying to say? Not to Keep Sabbath? You must have been missing the Tongues session? What truth are you upholding? Sunday? 

Reasoning;

I have already covered this topic and the contradictory statements when one joins, when you could join this site. Do all bona fide SDA believe all the SDA doctrines and practices? Is there any SDA that literally believes, follows and practices all perfectly? Is there any Christian that believes, follows and practices the principles of the word perfectly?

They don't here, how hypocritical. So no one here are perfect and robotic, so then everyone here is a liar according to your premise. The contradictory statements when you join which I covered in many posts several times to counter you hypocritical accusers, makes the sites entrance statements unclear, contradictory and a lie also. It never said No SDA can join, but implied there would be people that don't believe and how they should be treated, which again confirms that even the entrance rules and statements never intended or expected all would believe anything perfectly and completely, and that non SDA members would join, and who among you do even believe the Bible perfectly, let alone the SDA doctrines and principles? Again hypocrisy.

This is like the hypocrisy of the Pharisees Jesus dealt with. So you think you are so perfect, and without sin, or justified by works. Better than those dirty non SDA Sunday worshippers? I have seen this many times, here and elsewhere in other groups, the elite supremist isolationist discriminatory and arrogant self righteous crowd. And it stinks to high heaven and is unchristian and contrary to everything Jesus stood for.

James I think rather you think yourself superior to anyone else and are free to do whatever you like. Actually I am surprised you got the test question right as this is not anything that Sunday keepers would know. 

Talk about unchristian I think that shoe fits very well on you. Your father the Devil is proud of you I am sure.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service