Adventist Online

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF PERSONS WITHIN AND WITHOUT THE SDA CHURCH WHO ARE STILL CONFUSED AS TO WHETHER THE HOLY SPIRIT IS:

A PART OF THE GODHEAD

A PERSON OR A FORCE

PLEASE EXPLAIN SO THAT WE CAN HELP OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND.

Views: 1645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Rabbit Your choice indeed 

So Elijah you would have voted for 'lying Hilary'?  

Jason If I was an American I would not have voted for any although Hilary was not as mad as Trump. I am blessed with living far away from all of this. 

Fancy building a wall to keep out the Mexe. No wall ever did what it was built for that shows how stupid Mr. Trump really is.

Yes we are told not to vote for these people in the testimonies.... He promised his voters that he would build a wall to keep them out. DO you suggest that he renege on his promise? And how do you suggest he keep the Mexicans out of America, Should he allow them all in? 

To stay on Topic

THE HOLY SPIRIT: WHAT IS WHAT: 

I believe the Holy Spirit leads us to speak in truth not making apocalyptic predictions and comments that suit our own personal and biased opinions of others.

Hey Jason,

Appreciate your input, you know what the funny thing is?  Politically biased people use statements like "keep out the Mexe" to strengthen their racist but ignorant view of the current state of things here in the US.  

While I don't think a complete wall is needed, it was made clear on multiple times the purpose of wall was to control :"illegal immigration" not "legal Mexican immigration".  For years there have been immigration laws many follow that people who make it south of the border avoid by traversing through Mexico.  Laws for legal immigration I myself followed despite the difficulty and time away from my family. The purpose of the wall is simply to help curve the flow through the doors of the law and legal immigration.

Elijah, I find it a bit strange that someone from a country which seems to do it's best to not collect statistics on ethnic makeup (mostly European ancestery) would make far fetched assumptions.  

Because your country Australia won the geographical lottery when it comes to ability to control immigration I guess it's ok for you to just turn your gaze and comment on things you know little about rather than your own governments methods for controlling illegal immigration?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/nov/13/offshore-det...

If you feel so strongly about the subject matter why don't you focus on your own Governments policies?

From your comment history I'd say it appears that image you posted is as much a reflection of yourself Elijah. Rather than making assumptions about things to suit your own political narrative. Just focus on the message Jesus Christ taught.  We all will be held accountable to God for our choices, not the choices of others.   

Redva,

Trying to stay rational sometimes requires explanation. Kids throwing temper tantrums often say very little meaningful words and rarely explain the motivation behind their irrational behavior.

I look forward to hearing how you would define GODHEAD, FORCE and in addition PERSON once you are done with your present studying. 

*NOTE*

Jesus spent all day explaining his purpose from his mouth. I wouldn't consider my written explanation "a whole lot" considering the relative amount of time it takes to read it. But, I'm open to rational critique.  

Garth

Thank you for your reply, a fine and detailed one too....I am a little confused what your view of the Godhead is, but no matter...

You quote languages have grammar cases for words :

I subscribe to this belief. On the other hand, my second point is that when one treats with the language used by the authors in their writing, it is imperative to note that even though they may use feminine or masculine words to describe an event or thing it does not mean that that event or things is male or female. for example, righteousness is a feminine noun, thus if the biblical author describe a holy man or seer as righteous is he feminine or is it the case that the author is attempting to render to the reader that the life style of the seer or holy man is like that of a viirgin - simple, humble, obedient and so on? Or when Jesus said if your right hand offend you cut it off. your hand is a feminine noun, so in other words if the word is feminine does one take on him or herself to  say that Jesus said if she offend you cut it off? Similar God's Spirit might be described by the authors in their language using feminine or masculine words, but it doesn't mean the Spirit or God is feminine or masculine. That rob is a fundamental principle to appreciating the Biblical narratives. The Hebrews like Spanish, french or Russian speakers use words that are either masculine or feminine to describe a thing, or an event, but it does not mean that thing or event is masculine or feminine

End quote

And I agree most heartedly with you....

So by your own assessment you cannot declare from the John statements the Holy Spirit is a He because the use of the pronoun only follows the object grammar case of the word "pneuma" which in Greek is always masculine....

Likewise in Hebrew the case for ruwach is mostly feminine in case...

So again by your own assessment why do you conclude so safely the Holy Spirit is a 'he' when in fact the pronoun means nothing in the sentence?

Shalom

Thanks for your reply Jason as you said: 

Yes we are told not to vote for these people in the testimonies.... He promised his voters that he would build a wall to keep them out. DO you suggest that he renege on his promise? And how do you suggest he keep the Mexicans out of America, Should he allow them all in? 

I am not suggesting how to solve the perceived problem with the Mexicans, all I was saying is that building a wall is a stupid idea and would not achieve anything. If Trump had some semblance of education he would know that all walls ever built have been a failure. What Trump is doing is the old and proven use of building a straw man, we have the same thing happening here where the sitting Gov. was elected on a refugee problem blown out of proportions. The victims have been languishing on detention centers on remote Islands with no prospect of being settled anywhere.     

Thanks for your reply Rabbit great to see you have the ability to put me in a  box and stick a label on it. Suffice to say I am no supporter of my own Gov policy towards refugees, nor the party in charge of Gov. either. 

Thanks for your reply Rabbit great to see you have the ability to put me in a  box and stick a label on it. 

It's not a box. I made you aware of problems in your own sphere you have voice to speak out against. Or are you saying Australia is a dictatorship where it's citizens have no say in their politicians decisions that have spanned multiple parties and governments?  

Suffice to say I am no supporter of my own Gov policy towards refugees, nor the party in charge of Gov. either. 

You're not in charge of the Govt here in the U.S. but that doesn't seem to stop you from making inaccurate and inflammatory statements.

Turn to God when no useful answers make themselves known to you.  It's better than spreading bitterness and despair.

Clearly Rabbit You do not seem to like anyone saying anything bad about your retarded leader. Thay may be as it will, you need to be ready to put on the army uniform as you were the one who put that retarded excuse for a human in office. You should be the first to back him up with your own life. 

Clearly Rabbit You do not seem to like anyone saying anything bad about your retarded leader. Thay may be as it will, you need to be ready to put on the army uniform as you were the one who put that retarded excuse for a human in office. You should be the first to back him up with your own life. 

Like I said before Elijah. You and Trump have a lot in common.  Your twitter tirade type responses are yet another example. (Actually in that regards, Trump actually seems to be getting better at controlling his tongue. Thank God).

I'll just link to that previous post rather than responding further to your irrational and unjustified comment.

http://www.adventistonline.com/xn/detail/1451550:Comment:5040311

Just who is it you believe in and what message do you follow?  Sorry If your petty opinions about people confuse whatever it is.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service