Adventist Online

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF PERSONS WITHIN AND WITHOUT THE SDA CHURCH WHO ARE STILL CONFUSED AS TO WHETHER THE HOLY SPIRIT IS:

A PART OF THE GODHEAD

A PERSON OR A FORCE

PLEASE EXPLAIN SO THAT WE CAN HELP OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND.

Views: 1564

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Father and Son has a name and they are revealed to us as God.

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Holy Spirit is identified as the Spirit of God.

It is God; the Father and the Son invisible self. The Father is the head of the Godhead, the Spirit flows from the Father. The apostle Paul asked this question to illustrate the Spirit of God

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Believe it or not the Spirit of God is contained within God just as your spirit is contained in you. The difference is God is a spirit being, and we are fleshly, material beings.

It emanates from the Father, God sends the spirit to act upon His will.

No name is given to the Holy Spirit, you obviously want to make one up. The spirit is called “he”because of translation and because the trinity doctrine was already established. But it is also call “it” in some places. The Holy Spirit as a third person is only a perpetuation on a false teaching established hundreds of years ago.

Peace

Ok, your views are much respected Gene... But I'll adhere to the teachings of the SDA Church... The teachings you have a problem with across the board for the most part. Thank you.

Blessings!
Tell the truth. Do you really adhere to the teachings or doctrines of the SDA Church or do you have other ( additional) doctrines?
Peace

Jason wrote: "Tell the truth. Do you really adhere to the teachings or doctrines of the SDA Church or do you have other ( additional) doctrines?"

Yes, I do brother Jason... I also believe, just like EGW said,

EGW : "The question has been asked me, “Do you think that the Lord has any more light for us as a people?” I answer that He has light that is new to us, and yet it is precious old light that is to shine forth from the Word of truth. We have only the glimmerings of the rays of the light that is yet to come to us. We are not making the most of the light which the Lord has already given us, and thus we fail to receive the increased light; we do not walk in light already shed upon us. – {1SM 401.2}

EGW : "When new light is presented to the church, it is perilous to shut yourselves away from it. Refusing to hear because you are prejudiced against the message to the messenger will not make your case excusable before God. To condemn that which you have not heard and do not understand will not exalt your wisdom in the eyes of those who are candid in their investigations of truth. And to speak with contempt of those whom God has sent with a message of truth, is folly and madness. If our youth are seeking to educate themselves to be workers in His cause, they should learn the way of the Lord, and live by every word that proceedeth out of His mouth. They are not to make up their minds that the whole truth has been unfolded, and that the Infinite One has no more light for His people. If they entrench themselves in the belief that the whole truth has been revealed, they will be in danger of discarding precious jewels of truth that shall be discovered as men turn their attention to the searching of the rich mine of God’s word. – {CSW 32.1}

Blessings!

Good day Reasoning, fellow respondents,

In treating with the Bible segment quoted, did Jesus actually say those words? Or is it the case that that statement is one of the translators, given their trinitarian bias? For if rendered correctly in English standard shouldn't Jesus of said that base on what I share with you, you must go, teach and baptize people in my Father's, His Spirit and my name? Moreover why are you baptizing the people in God's  name, why not say I baptize you in JHVH, Yeshua.?

I know of a whole church that cannot distinguish between spirits.  They attribute all their evil as 'The Holy Spirit told me to do this.'  There have been clearly dark and evil entities spotted in their attic and all they could say, 'Are you sure these are not holy angels,'  and they persist in discrimination, fornication, thievery and call evil good and good evil.

Thats a terrible "church" Heisenberg. I assume thats the "church" that gave you such a bad time? I understand you have some experience with the holy spirit as far as discerning of spirits, and perhaps some other manifestations if I remember correctly? My comments of criticism are not directed to you so much as the general trend in Christianity, including the SDA.

Discerning of spirits is actually a type of revelation (word of knowledge, word of wisdom the other two types of revelation), which is also one of the nine manifestations of holy spirit, not a "gift." See my previous posts on the manifestations of holy spirit.

I have encountered here the opposite, that all supernatural manifestations "are of the Devil" according to the dogma pontificators.

Manifestations of the supernatural are either from God, the Devil, or a mixture of both. Yes, believers can and do have demons, even though born again. There is not a Christian that has not had a spiritual problem of one kind or another at one time or another, if not a continual spiritual problem that plagues many Christians, as there is no one or few that can really solve the problem for them by the power of God.

Objects can also carry spirits of the Devil such as statues, pentagrams, Occult Books etc. Behind or in every idol is a demon.

Most people do not have an accurate understanding and experience in the 9 manifestations of holy spirit or even an accurate understanding of the holy spirit and its manifestations from the scriptures, because of not knowing the Greek and considering the words added by the translators such as "gifts" in reference to the manifestations of holy spirit  in Chapters 12-14 of I Corinthians, as well as preconceived ideas and extreme bias, as there regarding speaking in tongues which is biblical.

People have false and inaccurate or misunderstandings, fears, unbelief and ignorance about the spiritual. All they know is what their denomination teaches and tells them, without thinking, study, experience or questioning, or learning through the holy spirit; walking by the spirit.

Who understood the nine manifestations of holy spirit both by scripture and experience in 1611 when the King James was translated and finally published? 2000 years of Catholic church, the spirit was driven into none operations by unbelief, ignorance and total darkness of the establishment. What else is new?

Who knows about them now, really? There is fear and unbelief here about tongues, what about casting out spirits and the other manifestations, healing, revelation, prophecy, interpretations of tongues, faith, miracles?

The church needs the manifestations of holy spirit more than ever and a revival like the Book of Acts, and including the ability to discern spirits or get answers or directions from the holy spirit, but 99% of you don't want that, or is it 99.99%. Superstition, ignorance and quenching the spirit are all not recommended by the scriptures or the holy spirit. Go ahead, call me demonic, your just making excuses. If you have the holy spirit and seek the truth, you will find it eventually, so you have no excuse. Everyone must give an account. 

The God-given ability to operate all nine manifestations of holy spirit is part of the gift of holy spirit. Every believer in Christ has the same full measure of holy spirit, God is no respecter of persons. Even gift ministries are given to the church, the body of Christ for the perfecting of the saints, as the minister that has that particular specialty, does not have more holy spirit, they just have a certain calling to be a teacher, evangelist etc.

In the First Century Church, and in the Book of Acts, new believers generally spoke in tongues and prophesied. When they didn't, it was usually because of demonic influence or unbelief, like the record of Simon the Sorcerer who bewitched the people, until he was dealt with by Peter and John. Most only read the English words in the text for receive, but in Greek there are two words to receive used with holy spirit, Decomai and Lambano.

Decomal is to receive holy spirit but not outwardly into manifestation. Lambano means to receive more actively by manifesting holy spirit. 

Acts 8:"5Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.  6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.  7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.  8And there was great joy in that city.  9But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:  10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.  11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.  12But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.  13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.  14Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:  15Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive (Greek: Lambano, to receive into manifestation by speaking in tongues or prophesying or other manifestation) the Holy Ghost:  16(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)  17Then laid they their hands on them, and they received (Greek: Lambano, to receive into manifestation by speaking in tongues or prophesying or other manifestation) the Holy Ghost.  18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,  19Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive (Greek: Lambano, to receive into manifestation by speaking in tongues or prophesying or other manifestation) the Holy Ghost.  20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.  21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.  22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.  23For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.  24Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me."

Peter saw that they had received holy spirit, and so did Simon the Sorcerer. What did they see and hear most likely? Most likely speaking in tongues and or prophesy. It wasn't revelation through discerning of spirits, because Simon who had wicked intentions would not have received revelation of discerning of spirits, but saw that whomever they laid hands on received into manifestation according to the Greek word lambano the holy spirit. How do you know you have received holy spirit? How to you know that your fellow Christian received holy spirit even subjectively, decomai?

It is the failure to understand lambano and decomai that causes such confusion in Christianity regarding receiving holy spirit and its manifesting into the senses world. God is in the details, not just the Devil.

Those serpents in rocking chairs, you gotta watch out for them Mr. French!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service