Adventist Online

THERE ARE A NUMBER OF PERSONS WITHIN AND WITHOUT THE SDA CHURCH WHO ARE STILL CONFUSED AS TO WHETHER THE HOLY SPIRIT IS:

A PART OF THE GODHEAD

A PERSON OR A FORCE

PLEASE EXPLAIN SO THAT WE CAN HELP OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND.

Views: 1646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand grace, and doing the will of God in service to others IS love, ministering healing is love, praying is love, witnessing is love. Calling out some of you vipers and hypocrites who sit in rocking chairs doing nothing, is love and correction. The manifestations and miracles I have seen were by grace, healing is a gift from God to the person healed, but a manifestation of the spirit by the one ministering healing. That woman that walked for the first time in seven years, according to you that is not grace? What kind of insensitive Pharisee are you? I will no longer respond to you, you are not happy a woman walked that came to our fellowship in a wheelchair. We were praying in tongues silently for her and believing she would walk, and faith and working of miracles and gift of healing and praying in tongues silently and Jesus Christ's power and compassion is the reason she walked. What kind of creature are you?

Bible research is very important. Ministering to people is what every believer is supposed to be doing. Pontificators! Gainsayers, slackers and arm chair do nothings need not apply, for you do nothing at any rate except accuse, while you do nothing to help people, just like the Pharisees Jesus confronted, I hereby confront you. Learn to help or get out of the way. I have a kind word and compassion for others as appropriate, but you need to ask God for forgiveness for your cold dead heart, and to get understanding, you are tainted by unbelief and apathy. 

Calling out some of you vipers and hypocrites who sit in rocking chairs doing nothing

lol,

Sorry James I am not trying to make light of what you are saying but the visual of a snake in a rocking chair is just to much for me not to laugh.

I have to say I don't own a rocking chair and I am still warm blooded.  LOL

Good day to all participants in this discussion,

Redva,Thank you for posting such an issue, for as evidence by the varying positions, here and among adherents in each persons district, including yours, it is apparent that although it may seem that the Adventist body may have a clear view on who God's Spirit is, evidence suggests the contrary. I am of the view that a study of the word spirit and the context it is use must be carefully assess to arrive at an appreciation for God's Spirit.

I can recall my discourse, one participant asking well given that the Hebrews use words to describe, and these words can be masculine or feminine, and it does not necessarily constitute that that thing or event is masculine or feminine, how come can I conclude that God's Spirit is a he? I have not responded. However, to that brother the reasons why one comfortably speak to God's Spirit being male, are one given that God is discussed, and God is attributed with male characteristics, God's Spirit is given the same treatment; and secondly, given that the word Helper connotes a masculine gender, when one reads into the text God's Spirit is identified as male.

On the other hand,  I trust everyone would attain a clear understanding not only in who God, His Son or His Spirit is, but Their work as demonstration of their love in saving you from the judgement to come by God Himself.

Moreover, on a point of conclusion, to the goodly gentleman, who keeps positing that one has to manifest the abilities of the Spirit, I am of the firm view that you may have missed the mark. God's Spirit upon Jesus' request was sent so that the disciples of Jesus can continue His work and by the miraculous signs many would repent and seek God. If that exercise is not being done, there is a problem. As such, in one's scholarship, this is an issue one has with Paul. Evidence gathering has to continue to build a case against him, but from my assessment of one of his letters there is a lead that he wants to consummate the accepting of Jesus as the messiah by whoever is persuaded by his discourse with God's Spirit. It begs the question, given that they have God's Spirit, are they hording it amongst themselves as was the case with the varying pockets of followers of the Way in Corinth, or is there evidence that they were continuing the work Jesus set out for them to continue? This is some thoughts for you to consider. 

Well may God help this religious organisation adherents continue to grow from strength to strength

Garth: I do not say one must manifest holy spirit, for freedom of will to choose and desire is required. Salvation is not based on manifesting holy spirit. But it would be best if Christians did so.

As regards missing the mark; Paul received his ministry and the sacred secrets directly from Jesus Christ. So its not a matter of him not continuing or going against what he was supposed to do. The only instance that Paul disobeyed that we know of is his insistence that he go to Jerusalem, to be the martyr most likely.

Every town he went to on his way, the believers prophesied by the spirit for him not to go, as he would be bound and yet he continued until "they ceased saying the will of the Lord be done (in other words not to go to Jerusalem, do the will of God; don't go."

As far as myself, I follow Paul who followed Christ, as Paul said

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."

The Holy Spirit is the omnipresence of both the Father and his Son

Peace

Leslie Ann wrote: "The Holy Spirit is the omnipresence of both the Father and his Son"

Sister Leslie Ann, you don't believe Jesus representative, the Holy Spirit is the third person of the GODHEAD?

Bless!

Reasoning,

Here’s another aspect which should illustrate to us that there is no third person of the Godhead. When speaking of marriage, the apostle Paul says in Ephesians 5:32

…31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32This mystery is profound, but I am speaking about Christ and the church.

Isn’t the church is the bride of Christ, that will marry into the Godhead family and will become one with Christ?  That’s why the church is heir with Christ.

16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ…

There is no place for a third person. The church is only heir to God the Father, and joint-heirs with her husband; Jesus Christ.

If the Holy Spirit was a third person, the inheritance would of course be shared with the third person as well, because that that third person is also God. The bible speaks of no such thing.

Peace

Happy Sabbath Gene, again, because of your beliefs your not a SDA, and this is a site for SDA, and as a SDA the teaching on the Holy Spirit is this,

EGW wrote: "The Comforter is called “the Spirit of truth.” His work is to define and maintain the truth. He first dwells in the heart as the Spirit of truth, and thus He becomes the Comforter. There is comfort and peace in the truth, but no real peace or comfort can be found in falsehood. It is through false theories and traditions that Satan gains his power over the mind. By directing men to false standards, he misshapes the character. Through the Scriptures the Holy Spirit speaks to the mind, and impresses truth upon the heart. Thus He exposes error, and expels it from the soul. It is by the Spirit of truth, working through the word of God, that Christ subdues His chosen people to Himself. – {DA 671.1}

EGW: " In describing to His disciples the office work of the Holy Spirit, Jesus sought to inspire them with the joy and hope that inspired His own heart. He rejoiced because of the abundant help He had provided for His church. The Holy Spirit was the highest of all gifts that He could solicit from His Father for the exaltation of His people. The Spirit was to be given as a regenerating agent, and without this the sacrifice of Christ would have been of no avail. The power of evil had been strengthening for centuries, and the submission of men to this satanic captivity was amazing. "

" Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power."

" It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church." – {DA 671.2}
-----------------

I think Leslie Ann believes EGW writings are inspired, if so, then it can't get no clearer than what EGW wrote.

Gene, for you it doesn't mean anything, why? Because you don't believe in the teachings of the SDA Church.

EGW "Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power."

Also, the Bible says

Matt. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

The GODHEAD, The Father has a name and is a Person, the Son has a name and is a Person, and the Holy Spirit has a name and is a Person. Brother Rob has showed us His name is 'Shadday'...

So It's no mystery that He is a person. Again, with all due respect, I'll stick to SDA teachings on this subject, it harmonizes with the Bible.
Of course I understand you believe differently, but one more time, this is a site for SDA, those who believe in the teachings of the Church, and your views are respected but it goes against SDA teachings and SOP. Thank you.

Blessings to you and your family! :)

Reasoning, Happy Sabbath to you as well,

You never hear me quote from any other reading other than the bible, and that’s because I believe it is our only source of truth. I don’t need the SOP to validate anything the bible says, but at least EGW stated one thing correct in your quotes.

Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church." – {DA 671.2}

This is true because that’s what the Spirit is, not force but a power; God own spirit power as Jesus said.

And I shall send upon you The Promise of my Father; but you stay in the city of Jerusalem until you shall be clothed in power from on high.”

As an Adventist, I know what you believe, certainly are you afraid of dialogue?

Can you communicate the bible without the SOP or is the SOP your lifeline?

(When) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Is he speaking about another person “we” or is he speaking of the Spirit of the Godhead?

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

God shows us heaven many times in the bible, but never show us this third God person; why is that?

I know what you’re saying is SDA teaching, but the bible says PROVE ALL THINGS, but you nor the SDA cannot prove the Holy Spirit is a third person, you can only say it.

Peace

Lol... That's funny, me, afraid of dialogue... Come on Gene, stop it.. All I'm going to say is, the Bible says

Matt. 28:19 says, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

The GODHEAD, The Father has a name and is a Person, the Son has a name and is a Person, and the Holy Spirit has a name and is a Person. Brother Rob has showed us His name is 'Shadday'.

We agree the Spirit of GOD the Father and the Spirit of Christ is the same Spirit, and that Spirit is a person, Bible shows He has a name, and we should baptized people in His name with the Father and The Son. They are ONE GOD! I can't help if you don't see the personage of the Holy Spirit.

So it's not about fear, it's just that this is a proven SDA teaching, despite what you may think... The good thing is, most Christians believe the Holy Spirit is a person. I mean Gene your views are different for the most part across the board... and I'm here to discuss with people who are SDA, that's what I sign up for.. You understand?

Maybe you can recommend a site where there are all Christian beliefs and we can discuss there. Thanks.

Blessings!

By definition of the word, it not is a name. The word Shadday means Almighty, brother Rob also believe that the Holy Spirit is female of the Godhead too.

The word in both Hebrew and Greek is wind, or breath.  It is Holy because it is of God. It is the essence of God which act upon God’s will.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Psalm 104:30 You take away their spirit, they expire And return to their dust. 30You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the ground.

The name of the Spirit is the authority which is contained through the Spirit. The law has authority; “stop in the name of the law”, but the law is not a person.

The Spirit has authority in our lives, but it not a person.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

God give his authority, and that authority is by his Spirit which empowers one to do.

Most Christians believe the Holy Spirit is a person because most of us are deceive by the traditions of men. Stand to reason why God calls his people out of a system by saying come out of her my people.  Furthermore, the apostle admonishes us.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The pattern of this world, through false religious teachings says the Holy Spirit is a third person, but the word  of God says no such thing.

Peace

Yeah, I don't in the female thing... But I believe the Holy has a name and is a person, just like the Father and the Son.

Matt. 28:19 says, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

The GODHEAD, The Father has a name and is a Person, the Son has a name and is a Person, and the Holy Spirit has a name and is a Person.

Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by