Adventist Online

the bible says lamb (jesus) was slained before the foundation of the world, does it mean lucifer sinned in heaven before the creation of the world for jesus to have been slained before the foundation of the world?

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it does. If you take a look at the forum post called lucifer's repentance right here on this site, there are postings were people have placed some of ellen white writings. Those writings detail lucifer's fall as well as the subsequent creation of the earth.
Exactly, cause if Lucifer sinned before the earth was created that means He has none to tempt cause the world was not yet created.
hey Romnick, i don`t understand you clearly, are you saying he did sin before the creation of the world? the thing is, lucifer didn`t get chased out of heaven immediately he sinned, God tried to plead with him to repent but he didn`t, but where the problem or confusion comes about for me is where the scripture says the lamb (Jesus) who was slained before the foundation of the world. does it mean lucifer sinned at the time when God had already planned to create the world and he could not rescind his decision as we are told that he never changes, so the plan of redemption had to be made even before man sinned because God already knew that man would fall?in other words my question is, what does the bible mean when it says the lamb who was slained before the foundation of the world?

We should ask ourselves some questions Hastings. Why was Adam and Eve not slain the moment that they sinned in the garden? It was because "of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." Revelation 13:8. They were spared by the immediate stepping in of Christ to take their place when the plan was put into motion. Yes it already existed but it was begun at that very moment. When Adam and Eve sinned they plunged the human family into condemnation but (as a coin has two sides) the sacrifice of our Lord (though not made until Calvary) saved all of humanity and gave them a second probation.

Romans 5:18 "Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." 

The key here is the fact that scripture says "all men." I'm sorry if this is something that you already know but I tried to answer your question as best as I could.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service