Adventist Online

Lunar sabbath believers, as you can see, base their "beliefs" on studying calendars and human "historians" instead of the Bible.

Adventists choose to place their faith solely on the Bible and base their studies on Scripture.

We believe that God has made it CLEAR throughout the Bible what day is the Sabbath. There is NO mention in the Scriptures that the Sabbath is based on a lunar cycle, but based on a weekly cycle given to us from Creation, and sustained throughout the generations to our day.

The Bible is clear that the moon was "appointed for the seasons" Ps. 104:19 NOT for the Sabbaths.

Just like satan has tried to tamper with Scripture by taking verses out and changing words here and there... we can trust in God that He has NOT allowed His Truth to be changed and it hasn't. I again challenge any of you that you will find enough in any version of the Bible to come to the Truth... Why? Because no matter how satan tries to change it- God will always have the Truth untouched.

In the same way, we can trust that God has kept the Truth of the Sabbath untouched and throughout history until now, God's weekly Sabbath has been kept by HIs true followers. The first thing He made clear to the Israelites, the Chosen of God was the Sabbath even before He gave the Law on the mount Exodus 16:22,23. In the same way, God has made clear to His Chosen ones at the end of time, when the church was in its early days, which day is the Sabbath. Why? Because the Sabbath is the seal of God, which His chosen will need to keep as the Test of the end of time. Can you trust that God would not purposely allow His church to believe something so important for so long and then turn around and give supposed "new light" concerning something so important? Absolutely NOT. It all depends on how much we trust in our Father.

Their beliefs are so convoluted and confusing which is another sign that it is NOT truth because God's Truth is always so plain and simple that a child can understand. "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 18:3. This warning was given by Jesus for us today.

A Warning:
Satan's purpose in bringing in the feast day error and the lunar sabbath error is to lead sincere Adventists who keep the Sabbath away from the True Sabbath. These two errors are frontal attacks specifically on the Sabbath. Eventually, satan will lead these believers into keeping Sunday.

The sad thing is that the believers in these errors are so deluded that it definitely will take a lot of prayer for them to change and to come to truth again. I am still praying for family members. I am reminded that satan will try to deceive the very elect- so I know that those who are truly sincere and will allow the Holy Spirit to change their hearts will come back to the truth. We need to pray for them.

The problem, as you can see is that they will continue to argue and bring up threads to try to convince others to believe as they believe. I suggest we let those threads go and try to refrain from posting on them as they will stay up.

Blessings to all.

Views: 790

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joan, I can honestly say no (at least not lately) to that one :) God is blessing us and at least it was an issue that put us on our knees and into the Word of God. It made us use our beautiful brains that the Lord blessed us with, which is always a good thing. God wants us to think. He says, in Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together"

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."--Testimonies, vol. 2, pp. 633, 634.

We might as well get some practice in because this is not the first time, and it won't be the last, that we will be asked to give a reason of the hope that is in us. God bless each and everyone and I pray that we will all continue to press toward the mark and continue to go higher and still higher toward our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Who will stand for God?
Thank you so much, Shalinda. It is true, we must see every circumstance as an opportunity to learn... that is how I've come to understand every situation. I have not searched the Scriptures as much as when I have had to "stand for truth" and I have truly learned something in every instance... What a blessing!
Amen!
"So to sum it up, if we adopt this Lunar-Sabbath theory as the truth, the world shouldn't trust our word, because it means precisely NOTHING now, and we shouldn't trust GOD's word because He could be tricking us, yet again, and we’ll probably end up burning anyway." lololol ~ Shalinda

This is the beauty of the body working in concert, all parts contributing to the whole ....... Like piling logs on a fire, before long it's no longer a spark but a blaze and giveth light to all who are in the house. sml
Thanks Shalinda.
I have been fallowing this "discussion" for quite some time, and I want to warn all of you to be very careful of what you decide is right. It is always easy to take someone else's word for truth. To rush to your pastor and ask " are these things so?" I beg you to be careful whose word you take for truth and which web-site you decide has "all the facts."

Remember that choices that seem obvious and inconsequential now, can have eternal consequences. I am not going to try to convince you, because that is the Holy Spirit's job. Just make sure that you don't ignore Him for that is very dangerous!

May you all have a wonderful day.

Lara

The lunar-Sabbath issue really is a topic that got marketed out of hand. Lunar Sabbath believers call their calendar the "Creators Calendar", even though it's just the Babylonian calendar given the Creator's name: See Wiki Babylonian Calendar.

A newer website to adopt this belief is WorldsLastChance.com. We were once part of the WLC team, but now split due to their acceptance of this belief, but only after weeks of study. Since then, we have made a website to respond to this teaching, which we called http://www.WorldsLastChance.org. Thanks to the volunteers from other ministries, we are beginning to compile a response to these teachings, which are not Biblical. In fact, we are inviting WLC for a public discussion on this matter, that will bring up all the points Biblical, Spiritual, Historical, ...etc. It's been 283 days since today, and still our invitation is denied. Why?

How can a calendar that keeps the 7th day Sabbath 4 times a month, but between the last Sabbath of the month and the next Sabbath of the following month there's a period of 8 and sometimes 9 days, how is that Biblical? How can our Creator who is always specific when it comes to His law not tell us that we should keep the 7th day Sabbath, however, since the moon has a lunar cycle of 29.5 days, that there should be an exception due to it? How can it be written from Even unto Even, but with WLC Sabbath is only from sunrise to sunset? How can our Father show the seventh day sabbath truth to Mrs. White through vision, and a few years later change it? There are so many questions, and so much evidence against this teaching... We are at a loss as to what evidence people have to accept it

Thank you Alexander,

We're compiling a list of questions that we would like Lunar Sabbath believers to answer. I'll keep this post updated.

Anyone wishing to help those in error on the Lunar Sabbatarian theory, must understand the truth regarding “lunar Sabbaths”.  Please hear me out.

While the truth of the 7th day Sabbath will never change, the sacred holy time from Friday evening at sundown until Saturday evening at sundown, there is a true doctrine of the days termed “Sabbaths” which were scheduled by the moon in the services of the old sanctuary.  Of course, for every truth Satan has a counterfeit.  Lunar Sabbatarians have bought into this counterfeit.

The truth is that there were “Sabbaths beside the Sabbaths of the Lord.” Leviticus 23:37, 38. 

One day as Elder Corliss stepped out of a train, the guard [conductor] stopped him with the request that he explain Colossians 2:16. They stopped, and as the crowd rushed by, the explanation was given, and from Leviticus 23:37, 38 it was shown that there were sabbaths besides the Sabbath of the Lord.”  RH, January 7, 1896 par. 14

These annual “Sabbaths” were 12 special days observed in the old sanctuary.  Eight of them were scheduled from the new moon of the first month while the remaining four were scheduled from the new moon of the seventh month. In the King James' Version of the Bible these 12 annual Sabbaths are very clearly specified in Leviticus 23.

The Apostle Paul referred to these annual Sabbaths in Colossians 2:16, 17, showing that they were prophetic or “shadows” of things to come.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink,or in respect of an  holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath [days]: Which are a shadow of things to come;” 

THE TRUE INTERPRETER MUST COME. The One whom all these types prefigured MUST EXPLAIN THEIR SIGNIFICANCE. DA 33

Jesus is the only one who could interpret the ancient sanctuary system.  Without His interpretation all the services were meaningless and only a dead ritual.  When He died on the Passover at the time of the slaying of the Passover Lamb, Friday afternoon, and rested in the tomb on the annual Sabbath which fell on the 7th day Sabbath that year, then, was resurrected on the first day of the week, the day that the Wave Sheaf offering was presented before the Lord, (“on the morrow after the Sabbath, the priest shall wave it” Lev. 23:11), He was giving the correct interpretation regarding the timing within the weekly cycle of these ancient services.

From this interpretation we can understand the prophetic nature of these “shadow” or “lunar” Sabbaths.  They were prophetic of the year of fulfillment when they would coincide with 7th day Sabbaths.

WHENEVER the new moon falls on a 7th day Sabbath, all of the “shadow” Sabbaths scheduled from that NEW MOON, also fall on 7th day Sabbaths, whether in the first month of the year or the seventh month of the year.  All twelve of these “shadow” Sabbaths are thus destined to fall on seventh-day Sabbaths in their fulfillment, (including the Day of Atonement, explained later)  THIS FACT IS VERY IMPORTANT.

This truth that Jesus taught by His fulfillment and by His explanation of Moses' writings to His disciples must be comprehended in order for us to help those who are deceived by the error of the Lunar Sabbatarian theory.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service