Adventist Online

***  Note from Adventist Online:  The following post contains falsehoods that cannot be proven from scripture.  It contradicts the truth about the Seventh-day Sabbath established at creation, affirmed in the Ten Commandments, and that Christ, all the prophets, and you and I keep Holy.  We have left this discussion intact so you can learn more about the basis of your faith.  Your study will show the following lunar calendar theory to be false and not Biblical as this post claims.  ***

THE LUNI-SOLAR CALENDAR IS BIBLICAL

The subject of the sanctuary was the key which unlocked the mystery of the disappointment of 1844. It opened to view a complete system of truth, connected and harmonious, showing that God's hand had directed the great advent movement and revealing present duty as it brought to light the position and work of His people. The Great Controversy, p.423.

If the subject of the sanctuary was the key which unlocked the mystery of 1844, would it not be wise to refer constantly to this wonderful, complete, connected and harmonious system of truth to reveal more truth to us in this last period of Earth‟s history? Besides the discovery of the work of our Great High Priest in the Most Holy Place and the commencement of the hour of judgment on October 22, 1844, the Millerites were also given a most important revelation regarding the sanctuary that almost came back to life in 1939.

Following the request of Pastor Wierts in the 1920 era, the General Conference of the SDA Church set up a Committee to re-visit the date of October 22, 1844. At that time, the Rabbinical Jews were questioning our stand on the Great Day of Atonement date in 1844, because according to the Jews it was celebrated on September 23 in 1844. The full collection of the research and data‟s of this Committee is available at Andrews University in Michigan.

It is called: the Grace Amadon Collection. The research is composed of 3000 pages and more on the subject of astronomy and the calculations of the Millerites to arrive at the true date of October 22, 1844. More specifically, the luni-solar calendar and the beginning of the year according to the Barley Harvest Mosaic law were re-discovered by William Miller and his associates. That in-depth study of the luni-solar calendar led them to the Karaites whom in the 8th century AD stood against the Rabbinical Jews who had long compromised the calculation of the calendar of the festivals of the Lord as they do to this day, by using the new moon after the vernal equinox instead of the new moon corresponding to the barley harvest.

Moses commanded that they should not even reap their barley until the first fruits of it had been offered to the Lord at the time of the Passover. Sidersky adds, "The aim of the Mosaic command was to regulate the months according to the course of the moon, and the whole year in accordance with the course of the sun -- by assigning as a starting point the lunar month coinciding with the beginning of a determined solar season." That determined solar season was still the barley harvest in the time of Christ. Later on, as after the dispersion of the Jews, the Sanhedrin did not content itself to observe the maturity of the barley, but added to it the observation and the calculation of the equinox.

The ceremony of the barley was the divine rule by which the position of the month Nisan (or first month Abib) was located... Such a provision as the barley-harvest control of the year thrusts definite certainty into Jewish reckoning in the time of Christ--- which held on until the Jews were scattered after the destruction of Jerusalem (AD 70). By this rule, we know that the Nisan paschal moon could not come until the rains were over and the barley ripe. On those two counts, a Passover in Dystrius, the ancient name for March, is out -- for all the reports on agriculture and meteorology in Palestine, ancient and modern, show that March is the month for the latter rain, and that the barley ripens in April.
Grace Amadon Collection Part V Crucifixion Date, page 8.

1844 PROBLEM AND SOLUTION: THE LUNI-SOLAR CALENDAR
In 1844, for the first time since the end of the 70 weeks, a problem in luni-solar reckoning directly related to the ministry of Christ, came up for solution. This problem reverted to the original Mosaic types, and therefore the calendar measure had to be a replica of the primitive Mosaic year. The following astronomical details were a necessary foundation for laying out this luni-solar calendar:
1) The appointed Jewish feasts dates;
2) New moon and full moon dates, as found in standard tables;
3) Form and lengths of the Jewish year -- common and embolismic;
4) Position of the moon in the heavens, and her times of setting; and
5) Difference in time between meridians.

The dates of the Jewish festivals, in Jewish time, are found in the Bible. They were given to Moses when he was in the mount with God. The book of Exodus, II Chronicles, II Kings, and the prophecy of Jeremiah contain definite dates for important events. Many such are found also in the prophecies of Ezekiel, Haggai, and Zechariah. They are all lunar time. These chronological references all go to show that the Jewish people, throughout the centuries, had a dependable calendar system, with its related festivals according to which events were reliably recorded. The feasts themselves occupied a period of more than half the Hebrew year, concerning which Moses had received instructions direct from God.

For nearly forty years Moses remained with Israel (and this was before they entered the Promised Land), and was thus responsible for the operation of these institutions which became an integral part of the Jewish polity. These were far-reaching in purpose, for God's original plan provides that all the families of the earth should come up to Jerusalem to keep the feast of Tabernacles. But a common center of worship in the earth, when, from one new moon to another, by lunar reckoning, and from one Sabbath to another, by solar reckoning, all flesh would come to worship before God, shows that a luni-solar time system can be world-embracing in performance. Two millenniums after the world was created, Moses wrote that both great lights -- the moon as well as the sun -- were for days and years. The lunar year therefore had a part in the great plan of creation and is taken note of in the pages of Holy Writ.
Grace Amadon Collection - Solar Time, page 6.

THE LUNI-SOLAR BARLEY HARVEST MOSAIC CALENDAR RESTORED IN 1844
Following the Biblically and astronomically sound original Karaites reckoning for the true Jewish sacred year, the Adventist leaders fix upon October 22 as the true 10th day of the true 7th month by applying this direct and simple formula: As the true "first month" began with the appearance of the new moon in April 1844, so the true "seventh month" in that year must begin with the appearance of the corresponding new moon after its change on the evening of October 11, the new moon becoming visible on the 13th, as every current calendar informed them. Therefore, they declared, the 10th day of the 7th month would fall upon October 22, New England-time reckoning. The time calculations for the specific day were complicated by the fact that not only does the Jewish sacred year differ from our Gregorian --- running from April to April, instead of from January to January -- but the Jewish or Biblical day is from sunset to sunset, instead of our arbitrary civil reckoning from midnight to midnight. All calculations must therefore accord with Biblical reckoning, and then be translated into our present Gregorian calendar, civil-time reckoning. All becomes clear when the inevitable relationship between Jewish and civil time is grasped... No intricate mathematical or astronomical calculation was necessary, so the Adventist position was easily understood by the common people.

Nevertheless, a scholarly mastery of the astronomical and chronological aspects of the question was a conspicuous characteristic of Millerites leadership and literature. It was because of this that their argument could not be gainsaid by the scholars of the time.

Definite note is taken, in the Midnight Cry of October 3, of the fact that the Rabbinate Jews had already observed September 23 as the 10th day of the 7th month, and that this was doubtless a month too early. In the same journal on October 11, we read; "The day (of Atonement) is observed by the Jews more than any other in the year, though they observe it one month earlier than the true time, as we think it is evident from the fact that barley is not ripe in Judea on the 16th day of the first month, as they reckon time; but the law of Moses required a sheaf to be waved before the Lord on that day." No Adventists looked for the Second Advent on September 23, the Rabbinate date, because for a year and a half they had all been following the Karaites reckoning for the sacred year -- both for the Jewish year 1843, and for 1844 -- which reckoning placed the first Jewish month in April, and in consequence the seventh month in October --- and therefore not in September.

Grace Amadon Collection, Report of Committee on historical basis, involvements and validity of the October 22, 1844 position. Part II. Chronological Development page 24-26 (excerpts).

THE CALENDAR IS IN THE SANCTUARY
The sanctuary was not given to Moses after sin as an after-thought in the mind of the Creator. The Bible is clear that the plan of salvation, as so wonderfully pictured in the sanctuary, was before the foundation of the world. The calendar Moses gave to the Israelites can be easily found throughout the sanctuary as it forms the very physiology or functioning of the Jewish economy. All of their festivals including the 7th day Sabbath were represented in the sanctuary through the pieces of furniture, sacrifices and ceremonies. (Numbers 28, Leviticus 23).

This calendar, based on the luni-solar Barley Harvest Mosaic law, was revealed to the Millerites to be restored for the last generation. This is indeed the fulfillment of Daniel 7:25, "He shall think to change times and laws".  

Christ not only kept the Sabbath as it was his custom, but also the Feasts that He himself instituted in order to teach the full and complete plan of salvation. We can follow Him in the sanctuary as the Passover Lamb offered on the cross in the Court, to His ascension and High Priesthood coronation in the Holy Place in heaven, with the sending of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost to confirm it, and the Great Day of Atonement in the Most Holy Place entry on October 22, 1844. We only need for Him to stand up and come out of the Most Holy Place after the judgment of the living saints is done, probation to close. And He returns in the cloud of glory to take us Home.

Christ not only kept the festivals but He is the fulfillment of the Feasts as He:
  • Died on Passover AD 31 Abib 14. As established by the Millerites through the prophecy of Daniel 8:14 and 9:24-27.
  • Rested on Unleavened Bread Abib 15, which is also a 7th day Sabbath by luni-solar calendar reckoning.
  • Resurrected on Firstfruits Abib 16
  • Sent the Holy Spirit at Pentecost fifty days after Firstfruits Abib 16
  • Inspired the Millerites from 1834-1844 to give the Trumpets sound, which will be repeated through the Loud Cry under the Sunday Law still to come.
  • Entered the Most Holy Place on the Great Day of Atonement on October 22, 1844, to begin the judgment of the dead, while soon, no one knows how soon, the judgment of the living will start.
  • And is coming again to take us Home at the Feast of Tabernacles.
The Heavenly Father wants to sanctify us on His Sabbaths. (Exodus 31:13; Ezekiel 20:12). These are His Sabbaths including the 7th day Sabbath. Numbers chapter 28 indicates clearly the calendar of the sanctuary along with Leviticus 23. The calendar of the Creator can be found:
  • Daily Genesis 1 and 2
  • Weekly Genesis 1 and 2
  • Monthly Genesis 7 and 8; Exodus 9, 12
  • Yearly Exodus 9: 31, 32; Leviticus 23; Numbers 28 Sabbatical Year Leviticus 25
  • Jubilee year Leviticus 25
  • Millennium Revelation 20
The luni-solar week is as such:
New Moon 1st of the month
7th Day Sabbath The 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th respectively

All of the Feasts are to be fulfilled in the believers who follow the Lamb wheresoever He goes. It is false to declare that these Feasts were finished at the cross, since the Great Day of Atonement has been proclaimed by the Adventists only since 1844. Except for Passover, Christ still fulfilled them after His death in resting on Abib 15 (first day of Unleavened Bread) and resurrecting on Abib 16 (Firstfruits). The type of the Passover Lamb met the antitype at the cross. Passover was fulfilled and replaced by the Lord`s Supper. No longer is there a need for a lamb to be sacrificed. Christ is the Lamb of God. However, the other feasts types met their antitype after the cross and were not nailed to the cross.

RESPONSE TO ELDER ANGEL RODRIGUEZ: WHAT ABOUT A LUNAR SABBATH? PREPARED BY: Odette Boily August 2008 (excerpts)

Views: 5851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a solemn thought, that the dead bodies burning outside the city will be our brethren that are deceived by a lie from the father of all lies.  So it seems like two groups, one will worship the 7th day Sabbath inside the city, and one will be burning outside the city for worshiping on the non-7th day Sabbath.  And I choose to keep the same 7th day Sabbath as one Ellen White kept.  Not a spurious 1st day, or the rotating lunar sabbath, that was only known recently. 

But it seems like all has made up their final decision.  Sad, really sad for those who believes a lie. 

just want to say good buy for Bill Dixon he has been cut off by the admin. He says to say he loved you guys and will miss you .

God bless you all

Bill Dixon is currently restricted from posting.  He has not been cut off.  We love him very much!  We would love for him to continue being an active member here.  But we did ask for a change in behavior to come in line with our community rules and guidelines.

Over the past several months, we have written to Mr. Dixon several times with regard to his posting on Adventist Online.  It had become evident that his purpose here was to promote theology that was extra-Biblical and at odds with the beliefs of the Adventist Church.  This breaks our rule #12.

"12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted."

This restriction on his posting should have come as no surprise to Mr. Dixon.  As mentioned we wrote to Mr. Dixon several times.  We asked for his response.  He chose not to respond to us.  He chose to continue posting more on this topic.  He did not respond to us and he simultaneously continued to promote the Lunar Sabbath fallacy.

We felt that we had no choice.  We were gracious for a very long time.  But at some point, for the good of the community we must make sure all members follow our rules.  

We would welcome Mr. Dixon back to Adventist Online with open arms.  We have reached out to him.  If that is not possible we sincerely hope to see him in the Kingdom.

Ray,

The Scriptures tell us that the Spirit is our teacher and that no man must take that position.  My reasoning and my understandings are based on 50 some years of having a personal relationship with my Creator and extensive studies in the areas of religion, history, and anthropology.  Oh, and art.

To compare a relationship with our Creator to a business dealing is not a fair comparison. Unless of coarse you have known the doctor for 50 years and trust him, same goes with the mechanic and the marriage counselor. There is more to our understanding of the Scriptures than just knowledge. I know a lot of doctors and mechanics that know a lot about their fields, but would take every dime you have if you let them.  Religion is no different.

From what I have learned Satan will stop at nothing to deceive mankind.  He has people blindly worshiping him and they don’t even know it and it’s not just those who worship on Sunday. He has people so wrapped up in his pagan holidays that they wouldn’t even think of changing and have forgotten the Father’s. People’s lips utter the names of Baal over and over again in their worship services. They end their prayers with  the name of a pagan god. You really think “Amen” means “so be it”?  Go read the Egyptian Book of the Dead. And if you don’t have time to do that just get out your Strongs.  And please don’t tell me “Amen” is an English translation, that is not true, as the word “amen” has been handed down without any change since the  Egyptian pagan priest babbled it from their lips and wrote it down.  Every time someone ends their prayer in the name  of ESUS (no I didn’t leave off the “J”)  someone smiles  and it is not our Creator Father.  Do a little research into how and when the letter “J” came into the English language. Oh, and while you are at it, Google in ESUS.   This list could go on and fill a book.  Time and time again Satan has changed the way in which we were to worship, he change the whole manner in which we were to view Yahushua and instead set himself up as a god praised from every pulpit in the world.  

Sleeping in the pew is referring to those who sit in the pew, listen to the preacher and read their Quarterly or Sunday school lessons and do no study on their own. They allow someone else to tell them what they need to know. Twenty-eight some years ago I involved my self in an argument over how the animals went onto the ark.  I said they only went two by two and my opponent said they went two by two and some by sevens, of which I replied, “Ellen White tell you that” ?! Well, the opponent opened up the Scripture that happen to be in the back window of the car and showed me I was wrong.  Then I wondered how many other things I had been told that where not true. From that time on I have not stopped my quest to find the truth.  And from what EGW says this is not finished yet, for there are things going on now that pertain to end time events that EGW never mentioned.  She may have mentioned it, but she sure didn’t know how it was going to play out nor did she know how to identify or explain it. 

As I have aged, basing my actions on “what feels good” does not exist.  Maybe when I was younger and in La-La Land, feelings played a part in my life.  Do you think for one moment that this all feels good? I thought it was bad when my family and old friends all turned against me for keeping Saturday Sabbath, when they ridiculed me for realizing that Satan placed his names in our vocabulary when referring to our Father in Heaven and His Son.  I came onto this site to see if anyone else was coming up with the Lunar-Solar Sabbath because Sunday people haven’t’ a clue what Sabbath means let alone a Sabbath based on the Lunar Solar calendar.  What did I find? Yes there are other people coming up with this info.  What I didn’t expect to find was that  they have been banished to the wilderness for their belief.  But, I guess I shouldn’t be shocked, twenty years ago I was banished for saying the trumpets had not yet blown. Now that is accepted in some Adventist circles. Oh, I might add.  I lost my job because I asked to have Lunar Sabbaths off. Did that feel good? No!

The anthropologist in me sees a far larger picture. What if the Sabbath issue isn’t based on the Sunday / Sabbath issue but the Sabbath/ Lunar Sabbath issue?  Why is okay to use history of the RCC to back up the Sabbath/Sunday argument , but  it is not okay to use history of the RCC to back up the fact they changed the Hebrew lunar calendar to that  of the solar? 

As a child our family would put those big puzzles together that had all the small pieces, my dad with his so called jokester mentality would grab a hand full of the puzzle pieces in the beginning and hide them.  In the end he was the one who finished the puzzle. Our Heavenly Father also gives us pieces to the puzzle, but he lets us put those pieces in, even if we have to do it alone.

Blessing in the name of Yahushua

Connie

P.S. Now, where does the Scriptures tell us we will be during that 1000 years? 

Connie

Just to acknowledge your response.  I will prepare an answer off line to the rest of your post at a later time.  As for the PS you ended with.  The answer to the question depends on who composes the "we" in the question.  Those who have adopted the lunar Sabbath, contrary to all the evidence to the contrary, will not be too worried about it.  They will be sleeping until the end of that time. 

This is said in all kindness and love.  I have personal friends who have been caught up in this movement and who have become impervious to accepting any more "truth."  They feel like they are some super Christians who are more accurate than us poor dummies who stick with God's word.  So, all of these arguments are not new to me, I have heard them many times before.

This is one sign of  those who are caught up in error.  Their advancement in truth comes to an end.  Oh, they think that they are moving forward.  However, the doctrines that they espouse are taking them further and further into error and they percieve it not.  They are good and regular members of Laodicea, they cannot see what is wrong.

Consider this.  When Jesus walked on earth, He said nothing at all about the day of the week the Jews kept as being a lunar Sabbath or that it was the wrong Sabbath day.  No:

"And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read."  Luke 4:16 (ESV) 

We have astronomical records from that time to this, so we know that the day that is listed as Saturday today is the same day the Jews called the Sabbath back then and still worship on today.

So, in essence, the day we worship on, following the weekly calendar, is the same day of the week that Jesus worshipped on, not a floating Sabbath. 

In fact, the entire Christian religion validates that fact ever Easter time.  They know that:

"Then they returned and prepared spices and ointments.  On the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment. [24:1] But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared.  [2] And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,  [3] but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."  Luke 23:56-24:3 (ESV) 

So they validate the fact that the first day, the day Jesus rose from the dead, is the day after the Sabbath.  So, all we need to do is to count one day back from Easter and we have the Sabbath of the commandment.  Why is this so hard to understand?

More later.

Maranatha :)
Ray

“Ray,

The Scriptures tell us that the Spirit is our teacher and that no man must take that position.  My reasoning and my understandings are based on 50 some years of having a personal relationship with my Creator and extensive studies in the areas of religion, history, and anthropology.  Oh, and art.”

Connie

Well, you fall a tad short in length of time. G  My baptism was some 60 plus years ago.

You also fall short in this area of education, much of mine was independent research, but I went through our schools from the first grade to graduating from the Seminary with an MDiv. And a minor in Business Administration. 

However, I skipped art, but I’ll not hold that against you. G

So, if you want to compare bona fides, it looks like you are a bit short.

Ray

“To compare a relationship with our Creator to a business dealing is not a fair comparison. Unless of coarse you have known the doctor for 50 years and trust him, same goes with the mechanic and the marriage counselor. There is more to our understanding of the Scriptures than just knowledge. I know a lot of doctors and mechanics that know a lot about their fields, but would take every dime you have if you let them.  Religion is no different.”

Connie

This is where you are a tad short of the best.  The similarity between theology and business is remarkable.  Both approach the mind in order to be successful.  In fact, one of the major problems today is that too many pastors have swung from being all theology to being virtually all business.  Both extremes are wrong.  The ideal pastor is one who has found the balance between business and theology.  They compliment each other.  One must never attempt to dominate the other.  Because what happens is they will find they are destroying themselves.

Ray

Continued part 2

Part 2

Ray

“From what I have learned Satan will stop at nothing to deceive mankind.”

Connie

This includes convincing people that they should follow the lunar calendar.  It is a very clever deception.  It makes people believe that they have returned to “Primitive Godliness,” when in fact they have returned to the same kind of rebellion that millions in the past have fallen for.  It is a most clever deception, for sure.

Ray

“He has people blindly worshiping him and they don’t even know it and it’s not just those who worship on Sunday. He has people so wrapped up in his pagan holidays that they wouldn’t even think of changing and have forgotten the Father’s. People’s lips utter the names of Baal over and over again in their worship services. They end their prayers with  the name of a pagan god. You really think “Amen” means “so be it”?  Go read the Egyptian Book of the Dead. And if you don’t have time to do that just get out your Strongs.  And please don’t tell me “Amen” is an English translation, that is not true, as the word “amen” has been handed down without any change since the  Egyptian pagan priest babbled it from their lips and wrote it down.  Every time someone ends their prayer in the name of ESUS (no I didn’t leave off the “J”)  someone smiles  and it is not our Creator Father.  Do a little research into how and when the letter “J” came into the English language.  Oh, and while you are at it, Google in ESUS.  This list could go on and fill a book.  Time and time again Satan has changed the way in which we were to worship, he change the whole manner in which we were to view Yahushua and instead set himself up as a god praised from every pulpit in the world.”

Connie

Does all of that make you feel that you are more holy then the rest of us, because  you use the correct terms?  Satanist also call Satan their Savior.  Do we delete that from our vocabulary too?  The very term: “god,” is used in virtually every religion.  Do we eliminate that too?  Actually, the term “yahushua” is translated in some places as Joshua in the Old Testament.  Jesus is a common name in many cultures.  Especially the Spanish cultures.  God is not nearly as concerned as to what we call Him, as He is our relationship to Him.

As I have often said: “I don’t care what you call me, as long as it is in time for a meal.”  God is far less concerned as to what we call Him as He is to sit down and fellowship with Him.  Show me where it is written that the name we use for God is the basis of our salvation?  This is a Jehovah Witness doctrine.

Ray

Continued part 3

Part 3

Ray

“Sleeping in the pew is referring to those who sit in the pew, listen to the preacher and read their Quarterly or Sunday school lessons and do no study on their own. They allow someone else to tell them what they need to know. Twenty-eight some years ago I involved my self in an argument over how the animals went onto the ark.  I said they only went two by two and my opponent said they went two by two and some by sevens, of which I replied, “Ellen White tell you that” ?! Well, the opponent opened up the Scripture that happen to be in the back window of the car and showed me I was wrong.  Then I wondered how many other things I had been told that where not true. From that time on I have not stopped my quest to find the truth.  And from what EGW says this is not finished yet, for there are things going on now that pertain to end time events that EGW never mentioned.  She may have mentioned it, but she sure didn’t know how it was going to play out nor did she know how to identify or explain it.”

Connie

It is a fact that people retain, in some cases, more when they listen to information while sleeping than when awake.  Their ears are still functioning and they are not nearly as critical about what they hear.  The world has known this for years.  Why do you think they use subliminal messaging so frequently?  Oh, I use to own an Advertising agency, so I am not ignorant in that area.

When I was doing practice preaching.  One time in southern Washington, the church was quite hot and several were drifting off to sleep.  Their wives would punch them to wake them up.  So I commented:

“Ladies, let your husbands sleep, it doesn’t bother me at all.  For I know they are still hearing what I am saying, but they are not questioning everything.  So, let them sleep.  Even if the sermon is lousy, at least they got some rest.” 

What bothers me is those who are spiritually asleep.  Which is just what these heresies like the lunar Sabbath, men and women who do not qualify being ordained, the type of music and dress that is used, etc., are doing.  They are detractions from the primitive godliness that we need to have in our lives.

Primitive Godliness is not antique godliness, it is not “old fashioned” godliness, it is not a return to the Puritan age.  Nor is a return to the Sacrificial system.  None of these things worked.  So, why return to them?

Ray

Continued Part 4

Part 4

Ray

“As I have aged, basing my actions on “what feels good” does not exist.”  

Connie

Without a doubt, you believe that.  However, outward evidence would not support your claim.  You have just held an idea so long that you are comfortable with it and it has become a god to you.  This sentiment of yours has been expressed in this posting on the forum, so I am not making accusations.  I am merely commenting on what you have written.

Ray

“Maybe when I was younger and in La-La Land, feelings played a part in my life.  Do you think for one moment that this all feels good? I thought it was bad when my family and old friends all turned against me for keeping Saturday Sabbath, when they ridiculed me for realizing that Satan placed his names in our vocabulary when referring to our Father in Heaven and His Son.  I came onto this site to see if anyone else was coming up with the Lunar-Solar Sabbath because Sunday people haven’t’ a clue what Sabbath means let alone a Sabbath based on the Lunar Solar calendar.  What did I find? Yes there are other people coming up with this info.  What I didn’t expect to find was that they have been banished to the wilderness for their belief.  But, I guess I shouldn’t be shocked, twenty years ago I was banished for saying the trumpets had not yet blown. Now that is accepted in some Adventist circles. Oh, I might add.  I lost my job because I asked to have Lunar Sabbaths off. Did that feel good? No!

The anthropologist in me sees a far larger picture. What if the Sabbath issue isn’t based on the Sunday / Sabbath issue but the Sabbath/ Lunar Sabbath issue?  Why is okay to use history of the RCC to back up the Sabbath/Sunday argument , but it is not okay to use history of the RCC to back up the fact they changed the Hebrew lunar calendar to that of the solar?”

Connie

What if?  One can: “what if” to the point where wrong seems right and right seems wrong.  When the most obvious is lost in a cloud of “what ifs,” any and all kinds of false teachings can be slipped in. 

We have just seen this on the front pages of the news this week in the Casey Anthony trial down in Orlando, Florida.  The defense attorney did a good snow job to divert attention from facts to a lot of “what ifs.”  Having worked in the sales field, I immediately recognized what he was doing and he did it well, as witnessed by the report of the Jury.  Lying was honored and facts languished in the dust.  As one said: “The Devil is doing a wild jig tonight.”

The same thing is happening in the Sabbath/Sunday issue.  With the introduction of another option, i.e. the luni sabbath, people feel justified in rejecting the entire issue.  This is really all that it does, it further clouds the issues, so people will feel justified in not considering any of the option.

Ray

Continued part 5

Conclusion, Part 5

Ray

“As a child our family would put those big puzzles together that had all the small pieces, my dad with his so called jokester mentality would grab a hand full of the puzzle pieces in the beginning and hide them.  In the end he was the one who finished the puzzle. Our Heavenly Father also gives us pieces to the puzzle, but he lets us put those pieces in, even if we have to do it alone.”

Connie

Here is the basis of your misconceptions.  You wrote:

“Our Heavenly Father also gives us pieces to the puzzle, but he lets us put those pieces in, even if we have to do it alone.”

We never are left alone to find truth.  God has sent the third person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit, to Guide us into ALL truth.  And so we can test the “spirit” that is speaking to us, we have the “instructions and the testimony” to be able to test any spirit to see if it from God or not.  The spirit that is influencing people to the luni sabbath fails at least one test and in actuality several more.  All a spirit has to do is fail one test for us to know it is not of God. 

Maranatha :)

Ray

Ray,

It doesn’t matter, how much education a person has or how long one has been studying.  Pieces of paper given by man mean nothing.  For you see, the more wisdom one acquires the more one realizes how little they know.

Since I have been told I can no longer discuss the Lunar Sabbath on this site, I will pick up those pearls and take them elsewhere. I have my answers. But when this is all said and done you will see how wrong you were on this issue.

As for using the “correct terms” when addressing my Father, the Spirit, and the Son, you ask does it make me better than the rest of you. I think you need to get your Scriptures out and do a little more studying on the name issue. Then do a little research on how demons are summoned. Little clue, you call on their name.  Who are you summoning when you utter the names of Baal from your lips?  And to call the Father, Spirit, and Son by the names of these pagan gods, get real! Do you think for one second They like that?  I don’t think so.  Does it make me better than the rest of you, I think not.  But I think it makes my Father in Heaven very happy.

You use the term “Primitive Godliness”.  My question to that is, what makes you think the Godliness we have now is any better?  Look at the mess this world is in and why?  It is because we, as a people, have walked away from the truth. We have been deceived into believing a lie so big even your mind cannot comprehend it or even acknowledge that it even exists.  When my Father says in the last days he will restore the truth, I believe Him. When my Fathers says, when His people repent and turn away from doing evil He will return to them, I believe it. This has nothing to do with trying to dig up the past or implement some religious order of hoop-la and sacrifice,  It has to do with returning to the Father. Would you like an invitation? 

Blessing in the name of Yahushua

Connie

p.s. The Spirit of My Father is with me always, guiding me to the truth. I would like to ask what test does the does the lunar Sabbath fail, but I can't.

Man's body is consumed by worms and the meaning is that these consuming worms will not die until the body is reduced to dust.  Neither will the fire be quenched till "the carcasses" are reduced to ashes.  The reason why the worm and fire are mentioned here is told in the sixteenth verse: "For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh."  The destruction is accomplished by both, and where the sword is used, the worm will do its work.  "The worm shall not die....the fire shall not be quenched", means that the prophecy is sure, and the destruction foretold will be accomplished.

In other words the fire will burn until the wicked are consumed and the earth purified.

"Satan rushes into the midst of his followers and tries to stir up the multitude to action. But fire from God out of heaven is rained upon them, and the great men, and mighty men, the noble, the poor and miserable, are all consumed together. I saw that some were quickly destroyed, while others suffered longer. They were punished according to the deeds done in the body. Some were many days consuming, and just as long as there was a portion of them unconsumed, all the sense of suffering remained. Said the angel, "The worm of life shall not die; their fire shall not be quenched as long as there is the least particle for it to prey upon."  {EW 294.1} 
     Satan and his angels suffered long. Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but 
also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused. Then I saw that Satan and all the wicked host were consumed, and the justice of God was satisfied; and all the angelic host, and all the redeemed saints, with a loud voice said, "Amen!"  {EW 294.2}  
     Said the angel, "Satan is the root, his children are the branches. They are now consumed root and branch. They have died an everlasting death. They are never to have a resurrection, and God will have a clean universe." I then looked and saw the fire which had consumed the wicked, burning up the rubbish and purifying the earth. Again I looked and saw the earth purified. There was not a single sign of the curse. The broken, uneven surface of the earth now looked like a level, extensive plain. God's entire universe was clean, and the great controversy was forever ended. Wherever we looked, everything upon which the eye rested was beautiful and holy. And all the redeemed host, old and young, great and small, cast their glittering crowns at the feet of their Redeemer, and prostrated themselves in adoration before Him, and worshiped Him that liveth forever and ever. The beautiful new earth, with all its glory, was the eternal inheritance of the saints. The kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, was then given to the saints of the Most High, who were to possess it forever, even forever and ever. {EW 295.1}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service