Adventist Online

Can anyone tell the exact day of His coming?

Does the Mayan prophecy is true? And why?

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No one can tell you the day of his coming. If anyone tells you that they can, have nothing to do with them. As to the Mayan prophecy, if that's the 2012 thing I would not worry about it. Focus on living for Christ and not when the world will end.

Christ is coming.  Pope Benedict is the last Pope.  Look at this:

http://www.romereports.com/palio/pope-travels-to-assisi-by-train-wi...

Look what Ellen White saw:

I saw the rapidity with which this delusion was spreading. A train of cars was shown me, going with the speed of lighnting. The angel bade me look carefully. I fixed my eyes upon the train. It seemed that the whole world was on board, that there could not be one left. Said the angel, “They are binding in bundles ready to burn.” Then he showed me the conductor, who appeared like a stately, fair person, whom all the passengers looked up to and reverenced. I was perplexed and asked my attending angel who it was. He said, “It is Satan. He is the conductor in the form of an angel of light. He has taken the world captive. They are given over to strong delusions, to believe a lie, that they may be damned. This agent, the next highest in order to him, is the engineer, and other of his agents are employed in different offices as he may need them, and they are all going with lightning speed toperdition.” {EW 88.2}

I asked the angel if there were none left. He bade me look in an opposite direction, and I saw a little company traveling a narrow pathway. All seemed to be firmly united, bound together by the truth, in bundles, or companies. Said the angel, “The third angel is binding, or sealing, them in bundles for the heavenly garner.” This little company looked careworn, as if they had passed through severe trials and conflicts. And it appeared as if the sun had just risen from behind a cloud and shone upon their countenances, causing them to look triumphant, as if their victories were nearly won. {EW 88.3}

Christ knows when he is able to come.

The prophecy in: Deuteronomy. 31:9-11 enables him to know when he is able to come.  The 10th verse says;Then Moses commanded them: “At the end of every seven years, in the year for canceling debts, during the Festival of Tabernacles,< (posted on June 17 )

1. at the end of the 7th year
  2. on the 15th day of the 7th month.

Take note, this is an open ended prophecy based on condition of His people.

• In ancient times when the High Priest went into the Most Holy on the day of atonement; say at noon, He could have come out of the Most Holy, any time between noon and before the last sacrifice to close out the day, based on the condition of the people.
  1. for example: if the condition of the people were to the point of fully believing and accepting the righteousness of the lords goat on their behalf by 3 PM: the High Priest would have out come then. If not, the day of atonement would drag on.

Deuteronomy 31:10 Does not give the exact century or decade that this prophecy is to be fulfilled. This prophecy could have been fulfilled twice in the 19th century and once in the twentieth.< (posted on June 7)

Since Christ could have come before 2012, and because Mayan prophecy is based on the exact date and time and not based on reflecting Christ image in our person.  I would say Christ would not be coming next year. 

However, 2012 can be the beginning of some interesting times for the near future. Here's Why:  From Matt. 20:1-8,16 

1. Looking at the parable as a millennial day(a day as a thousand years)
  2. and the penny as eternal life. Eternal life is given out at the end of the world.
  3. the evening and the morning as a 24 hr.day.

The early morning workers are the Reformers which took place about 500 years ago.  The 11th hour workers would be us. Here is what the SOP says:

• Lefevre.  In France, before the name of Luther had been heard as a Reformer, the day had already begun to break. One of the first to catch the light was the aged Lefevre, …
    In 1512, before either Luther or Zwingli had begun the work of reform, ..." GC 212 par.1,3
So when even was come  [1512 + 500 years = 2012]
  • The ten virgins are watching in the evening of this earth’s history. COL 412
  • The coming of the bridegroom was at midnight—the darkest hour. So the coming of Christ will take place in the darkest period of this earth’s history. …The great apostasy will develop into darkness deep as midnight, impenetrable as sackcloth of hair. COL 414

2012 could be the beginning of the evening hours.   Will Christ come on the Feast of Tabernacles of 2014,2021,2028,2035 or 2042?  Depends on when his church fully reflect His image.

Really the ball is in our court not in Christs'.

Hope this helps

Jim

Romnick,

this mayan prophecy of our world coming to an end by 2012 is false, i suggest you review our prophecy

found in revelations and also from sister whites writings. daniel also talks about our prophecy of the end time events. i wouldn't get to involved with the mayan prophecy, there is nothing biblical about this mayan prophecy, it just another pagan propaganda. rom, have you studied our prophecy ? or heard of sister white speaking of end time events ?

sir james

Thanks for the nice advice, sir James.

Who was the Mayan god that demanded human sacrifice?

Who alone knows the beginning from the end?

We teach all that God has given us to know and understand and that does not include a date of the return of Jesus to earth.

Since their god was false--Satanic...

Satan is the father of lies is he not?

So what do you think?

Does Satan tell the truth, ever?

-+

Exactly no, from the beginning he was called the father of all liar as you said.

Thanks for the idea that you have shared, may the Lord guide and blessed you.

Here is some info about the Mayan prophecy but no, it is not an accurate way of determining the exact day of His coming.

No one knows that but at the voice of God shortly before it happens, it will be revealed.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service