Adventist Online

It will not be as many think, but those who follow Jesus will be in heaven at this period. The Millennium or the 1000 year reign of Christ with His saints comes about, but the Bible says it is in heaven between the first and second resurrections, not on earth. During this time the wicked dead will be judged and the earth will be utterly desolate, without any living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his evil angels. At the close of the Millennium or the 1000 years in heaven, Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The wicked dead will then be resurrected and face the final judgement, along with Satan and his angels at the Lake of Fire which will consume them and cleanse the earth of sin forever.

As Christians we know that Jesus is preparing a place in heaven for us, all Christians should agree on that, and He will come again at the Second Coming and take the saints to heaven. A few days before His death, Jesus told His disciples what He was going to do before coming back at the Second Coming:
John 14
King James Version (KJV)
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So how will He come, does the scripture tells us? 40 days after His resurrection, Jesus led His disciples to a clearing and a cloud of angels came and Jesus was raised up into the cloud.
Acts 1
Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”Jesus ascended literally, bodily, in full view of His disciples and followers. As they watched Him go up, two angels appeared and said He would come back "in like manner" as He went up. Thus Christ's Second Coming will be literal, bodily, and visible to normal human eyes. Paul told the early believers to keep looking for the visible return of Jesus.
Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

There will be nothing secret about His return. Jesus told them plainly how it would be, and the Second Coming will be awsome.
Matthew 24:25-27
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

But Jesus also warned that false messiahs bring false hope would try to fool them:
Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

But Christ Second Coming cannot fool the faithful who read His word as they are told clearly what they will see and there is nothing secret about it and how Christ will come. Christ's return will be loud and visible to the eyes of "all the tribes of the earth." When He comes and the heavenly trumpet sounds and the billions of angels come in a great cloud, no o*ne will wake up the next day wondering what happened.
Revelation 1:7
& #8220;Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Scripture tells us that at the Second Coming, Christ comes with his angels and resurrects the saints and they rise up to the cloud of angels and Christ takes His saints to heaven and the earth is emptied of its inhabitants. Satan is left to wander the earth alone during the Millennium, as at the coming of Christ the wicked are slain and the earth is left empty and desolate for the 1,000 years and we see it in Revelation 20.

Revelation 20
King James Version (KJV)
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

During the millennium, the thousand-year period of which Revelation 20 shows us, Satan's will be bound or his influence over the earth will be restricted, and Christ will reign with His saints

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.a 1000 years on earth, in fact everyone that follows Christ will be in heaven.

Views: 585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Than you Reasoning,

But your view of this is someone lacking. God has a PLAN of salvation which includes everyone that has ever lived. Everyone will be saved except the wicked. We know there are two resurrections, but why two?

The first resurrection will involve the Church of all ages, and not the world. Jesus is coming to judge the world.

Psalm 96: 12 Let the field exult, and all that is in it Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy 13 Before the LORD, for He is coming, For He is coming to judge the earth He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness.

The Church is resurrected first, it will reign with Christ and judge the world with him.

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:

This is the promise for those who overcome, those who have followed Christ. This judgment is not a review board, it is the act of judging, the authority given unto them as kings and priests of God.

After the millennium judgment then the great white throne judgment. The saints will also judge with Christ; they will judge angles. After this judgment, everyone who has lived will have had a chance to know. Those some by faith will be resurrected first.  Other by direct knowledge and whosoever not found written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

Yes, Gene the Bible makes it clear enough God does not want anyone to be lost. never the less there is some who rejects God and therefore will go to the flames same as the Devil. As I have pointed out before the lost will be the majority, according to Jesus.

Peace 

Thank you Gene, I respect your opinion, but I believe your belief is lacking... Here's why , 

Rev.20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Gene wrote: "The first resurrection will involve the Church of all ages, and not the world. Jesus is coming to judge the world."

Like I said, we agree.... The first resurrection consist of the righteous dead saints from the beginning of earth's history to the end.. Now, the Bible says "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection", that implies the second resurrection is not for the Blessed and holy.

With your view, your actually going against the Bible, because you believe Blessed and holy who has part of the second resurrection as well. Let's check that out.

Your talking about after the 1000 years,

Gene wrote: "After the millennium judgment then the great white throne judgment. The saints will also judge with Christ; they will judge angles. After this judgment, everyone who has lived will have had a chance to know. Those some by faith will be resurrected first. Other by direct knowledge and whosoever not found written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

See Gene, with your belief, you believe there are three categories of people when Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, which is the start of the 1000 years. You believe there are the righteous ( dead & living), the wicked, which we agree, but you believe there is a third group of people,   the " decieved", that my friend is found no where in the Bible. 

But I understand, it's essential for your belief... it's no coincidence you choose not to answer my other post, where I wrote and asked..

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

Can we agree from this scripture that there are only two categories of people when Jesus comes? That being the righteous, holy people , and unjust, filthy people.

Again, without this third category of people your belief holds no weight. 

Along with Jer.4, were Jeremiah sees the whole plant earth and sees no man... (We are still in open discussion on that, I'm waiting on your reply on page 2.)... with all due respect, you have failed miserably on proving what you believe, Because you can't explain something that is not true.

I thank you, and understand what your teaching, however you haven't explained this thrid category of people when Jesus comes in the clouds, and why Jeremiah sees the whole plant earth and sees no man. 

Trying to use Isaiah to explain that Jeremiah is not seeing the whole plant earth with no man on it just doesn't whole weight. Like I said we are in a open discussion on page 2, but to make it easy, I will repost it. 

Thank you!

Peace 

Here's our discussion from page 2, 

Gene wrote: "No, I shared Is. 24:23 with you to show the hope that is awaiting the earth when Jesus returns."

No, this discussion within our overall discussion, you are trying to show with Isaiah 24 that Jeremiah is not seeing the whole planet earth and its desolation. It's right here,

Gene wrote: "...,the planet will not be left desolate for any time." -- "Jeremiah is not speaking of the desolation of the planet earth"

Gene wrote: "Isaiah 24 speaks of some these terrible events that are to occur. JohnB has accused me of ignoring it, but he’s the one who has.

Gene wrote: " I know that Jeremiah is the pinnacle view of what is believed, a desolated earth is necessary for your view. But in all of the horrific events that are pointed out by those who uphold this view they fail to understand that what they see is the end of this present evil age and the beginning of a new age, one in which the will of God will be done in the earth as it is in heaven."

Your debating the Bible on weather or not Jeremiah actually sees the whole planet earth, its desolation and having no man on it... This debate your having with the Bible and what GOD showed Jeremiah has you saying this,

Gene wrote : "Speaking of reconciling, how are we to reconcile Jer. 4:25 with the many other text which show that the earth is not left in the state that is said? Do we omit those or do we dismiss them and pretend they don’t exist?"
--- "Maybe Jer. 4:25 is not saying what you have come to believe it is saying."

Unfortunately, because your so stuck on your belief, and unwilling to move from that belief, it actually has you asking whether we should omit, dismiss scripture. With all due respect, Any honest Bible student would never think of dismissing any part of scripture.

One more time , we don't "omit", we harmonize scripture...

Jeremiah is seeing the time on earth after the coming or presence of Jesus, and Isaiah is seeing the time before the coming of Jesus when all eyes can see Him , more than likely during the time of the 7 last plagues.

To your point, Isaiah sees people still around after inhabitants of the earth are burned, there is Biblical example for people being burned and people still being on earth.

Rev16: 8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Jeremiah shows there is a time this earth won't have any human on it...
Jer. 4:25 I beheld [the earth], and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jer.4:27 "... The whole land [earth] shall be desolate,..."

Gene wrote: "...,the planet will not be left desolate for any time." -- "Jeremiah is not speaking of the desolation of the planet earth"

GOD said the whole earth shall be desolate, and you say it  "will not be" desolate. Im going to go with GOD on this...You seem to have a problem with what HE is saying Gene. 

Elijah you’re correct, there are some who reject God. But one has to know God in order to reject God.  There are those who have aligned themselves with the god of this world and openly reject God, and there are those who are wolves in sheep clothing.

The world does not know God, their minds are blinded by the god of this world. They don’t know God; therefore, they can’t reject God. People live what they know. Luke 3:6 says

And all mankind will see God's salvation.'"

The wicked, those who actually reject God says.

Job 21:14…. Leave us alone! For we have no desire to know Your ways. 15Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him, and what would we gain if we pray to Him?’…

Gene have you ever read this text 

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 
Rom 1:19  because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 
Rom 1:20  For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 
Rom 1:21  because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 
Rom 1:22  Professing to be wise, they became fools, 
Rom 1:23  and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. 
Rom 1:24  Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 
Rom 1:25  who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 

Thanks Elijah, Paul here is speaking to the Church in Rome.

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Some of these people have obviously have abandoned the messages of the gospel.

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

They have rejected God.

… so that they are without excuse: 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations…

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind…

Those who know God and is know by God, those called to be saints who reject God is without excuse.

Gene, thanks for your view I dare say not many here have the same narrow view on this passage, I certainly do not. You are correct in that it was addressed to the Romans but I dare say it has a much broader application as well.

Reasoning said,

Bible says "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection", that implies the second resurrection is not for the Blessed and holy.

You’re correct, but you don’t understand the purpose of the resurrection.

Those of the first resurrection are Blessed and holy; why? Because on such the second death hath no power, and they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Those of the first resurrection have been judged and have overcome, and have qualified to reign with Christ, this is why they are blessed. Their nature has now forever changed, the have become holy, they are now eternal being; sons of God, and as such they will eternally be. The prophet Daniel said

“Then the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever and ever.…”

This is their promised eternal inheritance (Heb 9:15), this is why Jesus is mediating for them. This is their eternal destiny.

“For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers….”

Those of the second resurrection are not blessed in this way, they are subjected to the second death.

“Whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

Neither will those who are found in the book of life will never bare the image of His Son. They will not have the relationship of those who are sons. They will not shine as stars; they will not be given the authority to shine like the brightness of the heavens.

Peace 

Gene wrote: "Those of the first resurrection have been judged and have overcome, and have qualified to reign with Christ, this is why they are blessed."

It's looking like our time is coming to an end brother Gene, because your not answering my questions on the two categories of people when Jesus comes and Jer.4... Your pior attempts have failed and Holds no weight. 

But we agree that the first resurrection consist of the righteous saints from all time and they are Blessed and Holy.

Now, this is where you start getting cloudy with your answers, and its base on you avoiding my other questions.

Gene wrote: "Those of the second resurrection are not blessed in this way, they are subjected to the second death."

You believe many of those who come up in the second resurrection will be saved correct? If so, what group of people do they come from? 

You believe they come from a group of people that's not righteous or wicked when Jesus comes in the clouds, you believe these are the "deceived", and for the umpteenth hundredth time, that group doesn't exist when Jesus comes. It's an deception from the WWCOG on this subject... I heard a guy from tomorrows world sect teach the same thing.

I mean, the group ( "the deceived ") exist, but they are considered to be wicked.

1 Cor. 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Gene wrote : "The wicked will not stand in the judgment; but everyone is not wicked, some people are deceived. There are untold billions who have lived and died and have never heard of Jesus, there are billions of people who live on the planet now that don’t know Jesus; when will they be judged and how will they be judged?"

After a person hears the Gospel in the end times,... (and make no mistake, everyone will hear the Gospel)

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matt. 24-14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

... a choice needs to be made. If a person hears the Gospel but choose not to follow because they were decieved, then they are in the same category as the fornicators, idolaters, adulteres, etc.. they are all unrighteous/wicked! 1 Cor.6:9 makes that clear. 

Again, when Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, there are only two categories of people, the righteous and the wicked. The righteous saints (living & dead) gets caught up in the air, and the wicked burn by the brightness of Jesus' coming. 

Thank you. 

Gene; I think you mean "Neither will those who are NOT (emphasis added) found in the book of life will never bare the image of His Son..."

Reasoning said

“You believe many of those who come up in the second resurrection will be saved correct? If so, what group of people do they come from?”

To answer your quest to that, yes. I believe that Revelation 20:15 shares that with us.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

From ei and tis; if any -- he that, if a(-ny) man('s thing, from any, ought), whether any, whosoever.

So, it could also be said this way.

And if any man was not found… or He that was not found….

Some bibles do say it that way:

-- And if any man was found not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

-- And if anyone's [name] was not found recorded in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire.

The notion that all who is not part of the first resurrection is lost forever to me defeats the purpose of Christ as it shows a misunderstanding of the purpose of the church.

The Apostle John makes some things clear on this

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify, that the Father sent his Son to be the Saviour of the world.

John 3:17 For God has not sent his Son into the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him.

1 John 2:2 And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

How will Jesus save the world? In his last prayer, he did not pray for the world.

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Those who names are found in the book of life will of those who are saved.  How will they be different than those of the first?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service