Adventist Online

It will not be as many think, but those who follow Jesus will be in heaven at this period. The Millennium or the 1000 year reign of Christ with His saints comes about, but the Bible says it is in heaven between the first and second resurrections, not on earth. During this time the wicked dead will be judged and the earth will be utterly desolate, without any living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his evil angels. At the close of the Millennium or the 1000 years in heaven, Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The wicked dead will then be resurrected and face the final judgement, along with Satan and his angels at the Lake of Fire which will consume them and cleanse the earth of sin forever.

As Christians we know that Jesus is preparing a place in heaven for us, all Christians should agree on that, and He will come again at the Second Coming and take the saints to heaven. A few days before His death, Jesus told His disciples what He was going to do before coming back at the Second Coming:
John 14
King James Version (KJV)
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So how will He come, does the scripture tells us? 40 days after His resurrection, Jesus led His disciples to a clearing and a cloud of angels came and Jesus was raised up into the cloud.
Acts 1
Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”Jesus ascended literally, bodily, in full view of His disciples and followers. As they watched Him go up, two angels appeared and said He would come back "in like manner" as He went up. Thus Christ's Second Coming will be literal, bodily, and visible to normal human eyes. Paul told the early believers to keep looking for the visible return of Jesus.
Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

There will be nothing secret about His return. Jesus told them plainly how it would be, and the Second Coming will be awsome.
Matthew 24:25-27
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

But Jesus also warned that false messiahs bring false hope would try to fool them:
Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

But Christ Second Coming cannot fool the faithful who read His word as they are told clearly what they will see and there is nothing secret about it and how Christ will come. Christ's return will be loud and visible to the eyes of "all the tribes of the earth." When He comes and the heavenly trumpet sounds and the billions of angels come in a great cloud, no o*ne will wake up the next day wondering what happened.
Revelation 1:7
& #8220;Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Scripture tells us that at the Second Coming, Christ comes with his angels and resurrects the saints and they rise up to the cloud of angels and Christ takes His saints to heaven and the earth is emptied of its inhabitants. Satan is left to wander the earth alone during the Millennium, as at the coming of Christ the wicked are slain and the earth is left empty and desolate for the 1,000 years and we see it in Revelation 20.

Revelation 20
King James Version (KJV)
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

During the millennium, the thousand-year period of which Revelation 20 shows us, Satan's will be bound or his influence over the earth will be restricted, and Christ will reign with His saints

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.a 1000 years on earth, in fact everyone that follows Christ will be in heaven.

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace 

Gene wrote: "In the book of Revelation Jesus admonished the church, the book of revelation is for the church. As the book of Revelation concludes Jesus says:"

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

Can we agree from this scripture you posted that there are only two categories of people when Jesus comes? That being the righteous, holy people , and unjust, filthy people. 

Thank you! 

Reasoning said

Can we agree from this scripture you posted that there are only two categories of people when Jesus comes? That being the righteous, holy people , and unjust, filthy people.

As I mentioned before, the book of Revelation, we can really say the bible itself is for the people of God. Others understand as they come in connection with the church. Remember Philip and the Ethiopia eunuch?

Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Those outside, cannot understand the mystery of the kingdom. That is given to the church.

Mark 4:10 As soon as Jesus was alone with the Twelve and those around Him, they asked Him about the parable. 11And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables, 12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

So, the Revelation is given to the church.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

After admonishing the church who Jesus call wretched.

… and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked…

They are counsel to repent. Yes, Jesus told the church to repent.

19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

At its conclusion Jesus says

11He (in the church) that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he (in the church) which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he(in the church) that is righteous, let him (in the church)be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

There are those in the church that are this way. The church is being judge first because it will be resurrected first. The wheat and the tares are both in the church together.

Matt 13:40 "So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41 "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42 and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Only those resurrected first will be in the kingdom.

Matt. 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…

These are the words of church, not the world.

When Christ comes, he will destroy all wickedness and evil.

but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

And he shall strike [the] earth with the rod of his mouth, and he shall kill [the] wicked person with the breath of his lips.

He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and order the wicked to be executed.

He will strike the land with discipline from His mouth, and He will kill the wicked with a command from His lips.

Wickedness and wicked people everywhere will be put to death.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 say,

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.

That Wicked is the source of wickedness.

Goodspeed New Testament

Then the embodiment of disobedience will make his appearance, and the Lord Jesus will destroy him with the breath of his mouth and annihilate him by his appearance and arrival.

With this all wickedness will be done away with, Satan will have been cast into the bottomless pit and the earth will now be conditioned to receive true knowledge as the kingdom of god reign over the world.

Peace 

Bro, is the answer to my questions somewhere in your post? 

1 Cor. 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Gene wrote : "The wicked will not stand in the judgment; but everyone is not wicked, some people are deceived. There are untold billions who have lived and died and have never heard of Jesus, there are billions of people who live on the planet now that don’t know Jesus; when will they be judged and how will they be judged?"

Do you believe the decieved are amongst the wicked as the Bible clearly says in 1 Cor.6:9? 

Your teaching that the wicked and the decieved are in different categories when Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him. You believe the decieved are not wicked or righteous. The Bible doesn't teach that. 

Thank you. 

Very true as scripture says:

Revelation 22:11-12 King James Version (KJV)

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service