Adventist Online

It will not be as many think, but those who follow Jesus will be in heaven at this period. The Millennium or the 1000 year reign of Christ with His saints comes about, but the Bible says it is in heaven between the first and second resurrections, not on earth. During this time the wicked dead will be judged and the earth will be utterly desolate, without any living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his evil angels. At the close of the Millennium or the 1000 years in heaven, Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The wicked dead will then be resurrected and face the final judgement, along with Satan and his angels at the Lake of Fire which will consume them and cleanse the earth of sin forever.

As Christians we know that Jesus is preparing a place in heaven for us, all Christians should agree on that, and He will come again at the Second Coming and take the saints to heaven. A few days before His death, Jesus told His disciples what He was going to do before coming back at the Second Coming:
John 14
King James Version (KJV)
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So how will He come, does the scripture tells us? 40 days after His resurrection, Jesus led His disciples to a clearing and a cloud of angels came and Jesus was raised up into the cloud.
Acts 1
Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”Jesus ascended literally, bodily, in full view of His disciples and followers. As they watched Him go up, two angels appeared and said He would come back "in like manner" as He went up. Thus Christ's Second Coming will be literal, bodily, and visible to normal human eyes. Paul told the early believers to keep looking for the visible return of Jesus.
Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

There will be nothing secret about His return. Jesus told them plainly how it would be, and the Second Coming will be awsome.
Matthew 24:25-27
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

But Jesus also warned that false messiahs bring false hope would try to fool them:
Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

But Christ Second Coming cannot fool the faithful who read His word as they are told clearly what they will see and there is nothing secret about it and how Christ will come. Christ's return will be loud and visible to the eyes of "all the tribes of the earth." When He comes and the heavenly trumpet sounds and the billions of angels come in a great cloud, no o*ne will wake up the next day wondering what happened.
Revelation 1:7
& #8220;Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 24
King James Version (KJV)
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Scripture tells us that at the Second Coming, Christ comes with his angels and resurrects the saints and they rise up to the cloud of angels and Christ takes His saints to heaven and the earth is emptied of its inhabitants. Satan is left to wander the earth alone during the Millennium, as at the coming of Christ the wicked are slain and the earth is left empty and desolate for the 1,000 years and we see it in Revelation 20.

Revelation 20
King James Version (KJV)
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

During the millennium, the thousand-year period of which Revelation 20 shows us, Satan's will be bound or his influence over the earth will be restricted, and Christ will reign with His saints

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.a 1000 years on earth, in fact everyone that follows Christ will be in heaven.

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The last sentence is disjointed and does not belong to the paragraph

It doesn't allow a edit, but the Millennium or the 1000 year reign of Christ is with His saints, and the Bible says it is in heaven between the first and second resurrections, not on earth. During this time the wicked dead will be judged and the earth will be utterly desolate, without any living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his evil angels. Scripture shows  the 1000 years after Christ takes up the saints to heaven and the the earth then becomes desolate with nobody but Satan left on it.

Since the righteous saints go up with Christ and the wicked are destroyed at His appearing, the earth stands for a time without human inhabitants. The scripture points to such a situation. Jeremiah said, "I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; and the heavens, they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, and all the hills moved back and forth. I beheld, and indeed there was no man" (Jer. 4:23-25). Jeremiah's use of the terminology found in Genesis 1:2, "without form, and void," indicates that the earth is to become comparable as it was at the beginning of Creation.

At the close of the Millennium or the 1000 years in heaven, Christ with His saints and the New Jerusalem will descend from heaven to earth. The wicked dead will then be resurrected and face the final judgment, along with Satan and his angels at the Lake of Fire which will consume them and cleanse the earth of sin forever.

Richard said,

Scripture tells us that at the Second Coming, Christ comes with his angels and resurrects the saints and they rise up to the cloud of angels and Christ takes His saints to heaven and the earth is emptied of its inhabitants. Satan is left to wander the earth alone during the Millennium, as at the coming of Christ the wicked are slain and the earth is left empty and desolate for the 1,000 years and we see it in Revelation 20.

This is not quite accurate. The scriptures in a number of places does show us the dead in Christ will rise.

16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.…

Matthew 24:31

And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Satan is not left to wander the earth alone during the Millennium.  The bible tells us,

And he (the angle) laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him….

There is an act of apprehending this renegade, and casting him into an abyss (maybe a black hold that is light year away). None the less, he will no longer be in this earthly realm.

The earth will not be left desolate, the bible doesn’t teach that, but the wicked will be slain.

Isaiah 11: 4 But he shall judge the causes of the poor with righteousness, and shall rebuke with equity for the humble of the earth. And he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall slay the wicked.

…he will kill the wicked.

…with the breath of his lips he will put an end to the evil-doer.

….and criminals will be put to death.

…. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and order the wicked to be executed.

Everyone is not wicked, but Jesus will determine that.

And He will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what His eyes see, and He will not decide by what His ears hear… 5Righteousness will be the belt around His hips, and faithfulness the sash around His waist.

Psalm 9:8 tells us

And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Obviously, people will be on earth; in the world for this to be.

Gene said: 

"Everyone is not wicked, but Jesus will determine that".

We are all wicked

Psa 51:4  Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just. 5  For I was born a sinner—yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. 6  But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom even there. 
Psa 51:7  Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 

“Behold, I was shapen in iniquity.” He is thunderstruck at the discovery of his inbred sin, and proceeds to set it forth. This was not intended to justify himself, but it rather meant to complete the confession. It is as if he said, not only have I sinned this once, but I am in my very nature a sinner. The fountain of my life is polluted as well as its streams. My birth-tendencies are out of the square of equity; I naturally lean to forbidden things. Mine is a constitutional disease, rendering my very person obnoxious to thy wrath. “And in sin did my mother conceive me.” He goes back to the earliest moment of his being, not to traduce his mother, but to acknowledge the deep tap-roots of his sin. It is a wicked wresting of Scripture to deny that original sin and natural depravity are here taught. Surely men who cavil at this doctrine have need to be taught of the Holy Spirit what be the first principles of the faith. David's mother was the Lord's handmaid, he was born in chaste wedlock, of a good father, and he was himself “the man after God's own heart;” and yet his nature was as fallen as that of any other son of Adam, and there only needed the occasion for the manifesting of that sad fact. In our shaping we were put out of shape, and when we were conceived our nature conceived sin. Alas, for poor humanity! Those who will may cry it up, but he is most blessed who in his own soul has learned to lament its lost estate.

The only way we can be right with the Lord is:

Act 2:38  Then Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 

Act 4:10  let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 

Act 4:12  Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." 

Here is a good explanation..The events that take place at this time were foreshadowed in the scapegoat ritual of the Day of Atonement in Israel's sanctuary service. On the Day of Atonement the high priest cleansed the sanctuary with the atoning blood of the Lord's goat. Only after this atonement was fully completed did the ritual involving Azazel, the goat that symbolized Satan, begin. Laying his hands on its head, the high priest confessed "'all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat'" (Lev. 16:21). And the scapegoat was sent into the wilderness, "'an uninhabited land'" (Lev. 16:22).

You appear to have deliberately stopped at verse 4, why?

Revelation 20:5-10
(5)  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
(6)  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
(7)  And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
(8)  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
(9)  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
(10)  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Bible is clear that when Christ initially returns to this earth the righteous dead will be caught up to meet Him in the air and the righteous living will be transformed (1 Thess. 4:16; 1 Cor. 15:52,53). The living wicked will be slain by the brightness of His coming (Rev.6:15-17). Then Christ's words will be fulfilled that the righteous will be taken to heaven where Christ has a place prepared for them.

Satan will be left bound on this earth with no-one to tempt as the earth will be laid desolate by Christ's return (Jer.4:26; 25:33).

Rev.20:7 states that it is after the 1,000 years that satan will be released to lead the wicked and these are the ones who take part in the second resurrection as stated in verse 5 of Rev.20. The righteous are with Jesus in heaven and remain there until they return in the New Jerusalem which descends from heaven (Rev.3:12; 21:2,10) after the end of the 1,000 years.

At the end of Rev.20:4 you contradict what you have just quoted and it makes it look as if the Bible teaches that the righteous live and reign 1,000 years on earth when Rev.20 does not say that.

John, I agree.

The bible dose say that those of the first resurrect does live and reign with Christ, but a better render of that verse would be;

…And they lived again and ruled with Christ (the Messiah) a thousand years. (Amp)

…They were restored to life and reigned with the Christ a thousand years.

…they came to life and reigned along with the Christ for a thousand years.

The whole purpose of their resurrection is not to live with Chris, to but to rule with him; they are given eternal life and live forever and God the Father has complete trust that those resurrected help Christ accomplish His purpose.

NET Bible

Then I saw thrones and seated on them were those who had been given authority to judge.

This agrees with Revelation 3:28 which says,

He who overcomes, I will give him to sit with me in my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father in his throne.

This is beyond living in heaven, it’s the glorious authority given to those who will be brought back to life.

Revelation 2:26 says

He who overcomes, and keeps my works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.

That power will be the authority to rule over the nations.

Weymouth New Testament

And he shall be their shepherd, ruling them with a rod of iron, just as earthenware jars are broken to pieces; and his power over them shall be like that which I Myself have received from My Father;

Williams New Testament

he will govern them with a scepter of iron and shatter them like earthen jars -- just such authority as I have received from my Father –

The nations are on earth; obviously, and the resurrected saints are governing and ruling those nations with the same authority as Jesus.

You are correct, Rev.20 does not say that he righteous live and reign 1,000 years on earth, but Rev 5:10 does.

and you made them into a kingdom and a priesthood for [serving] our God, and they will rule on the earth."

Some bible’s say over the earth;

And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our God, and they shall reign [as kings] over the earth!

This clearly show that the earth will not be desolate and Satan will be in the earthly realm.

Didn't notice this reply before...

Gene said, "The whole purpose of their resurrection is not to live with Chris, to but to rule with him;"

No, the purpose of any resurrection is that those being resurrected live again and the life that these are given is eternal. That they live and reign with Christ refers only to those subject to the first resurrection. The reference to the thousand years demonstrates that they, with Christ, reign over their own lives as opposed to satan ruling their lives.

Gene said, "that those resurrected help Christ accomplish His purpose."

Really? How can they help Christ accomplish His purpose? The purpose of Christ's incarnation and life was to bring salvation to a fallen world. No human can help Him accomplish that purpose, otherwise a human sacrifice would have been sufficient for salvation rather than God stepping into His creation to redeem them.

You have developed a habit of quoting a scripture and then adding your opinion to it but your opinion does not agree with the totality of scripture.

Gene said, "You are correct, Rev.20 does not say that he righteous live and reign 1,000 years on earth, but Rev 5:10 does."

No, it doesn't. Rev. 5:10 does not mention the 1,000 year period at all. Once again you are adding to what the Bible says to try and make it fit your theory. So, no, Rev.5:10 does not contradict Jer.4:26 and Jer. 25:33.

John,

The resurrection and the thousand-year are not about those who are resurrected living their own lives; you made that up.

It’s about Christ rule for the thousand years and the ushering in of the kingdom of God in the earth and the glory that will be given them who are resurrected.

Jesus by his own blood has made those who are resurrected first to be a kingdom of priest, Rev. 1:6 says

…he made us to be a Kingdom, priests to his God and Father;

The Net bible reads;

…and has appointed us as a kingdom, as priests serving his God and Father.

By the resurrection, they are now eternal beings, the life essence or force in them is self-contained, they shall never die; this is what Jesus said.

For they cannot die anymore, because they are like angels and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

They are eternally sons of God; this is what they will always be; this is their life. As sons (children) of God, they will serve the Father as the purpose of their resurrection is to reign with Christ, not over their own lives, but to rule alone with the Messiah for that appointed time. After the thousand year the bible does not show their continual work, but Daniel tells us this.

...those who are wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever.

This is their ultimate future, but for a thousand years they will reign with Christ.

Rev. 20:6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. On these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will reign with him a thousand years.

The Amplified bibles says:

but they shall be ministers of God and of Christ (the Messiah), and they shall rule along with Him a thousand years.

You state that Rev. 5:10 does not mention the 1,000 year period at all; but it does.

We know from Rev. 20:6 which we have just noted that those of the first resurrection will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will reign with him a thousand years.

God the Father has given Jesus a kingdom (Daniel 7:13-14) and has commissioned him to reign for that specific time; we know this because the bible tells us of its termination.

When the thousand years are completed Satan will be released from his prison…

So yes, Rev. 5:10 does mention the period of the thousand years, it says:

"You have made them to be a kingdom and priests (Rev. 20:6) to our God; and they will reign(1000 years) upon the earth."

We also agree that the bible doesn’t contradict itself, so you obviously have a misconception of Jer.4:26 and Jer. 25:33.

You said, Really? “How can they help Christ accomplish His purpose?”  Jesus was indeed the only one who could die for the sins of the world.

By his own resurrection, he became the first born of many brethren; the first born from the dead. The work of salvation will continue through the great white throne judgment. The 1000 years is a judgment period, that’s why if you're reading the bible, you do read; for He is coming, For He is coming to judge the earth He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness.

Those reigning with Christ will rule with him, they will sit on throne judging the world and bringing righteous judgment in the earth, as Paul told the Corinthians.

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Peace 

Brother Gene, the earth will be desolate after Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him... The brightness of His coming will destroy the unrighteous that's on the planet earth. The righteous has taken flight and are in the air with Jesus on their way to the Father's House with the mansions, the place Jesus went to prepare for the righteous saints. 

It's you who's not understanding Jer.4 correctly. Let's go over it again 

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

In one place you say Jeremiah sees the whole earth, and not just one particular location, 

Gene #1 wrote:: "Jeremiah [sees] all the cities thereof were broken down. (New York, Washington DC, Paris, London, Jerusalem)." (Brackets are mine)

Right Gene, Jeremiah sees the whole earth and its desolation done by the presence of Jesus and His fierce anger, but then in another place you say, 

Gene #2 wrote: "But God is not going to destroy the earth, the planet will not be left desolate for any time."    Gene wrote: "But Jeremiah is not speaking of the desolation of the planet earth; he was speaking of the land in which he is prophesying about; 

Jer.4:27 "... The whole land [earth] shall be desolate;.."

I'm going to stick with the Bible and Gene #1 on this brother Gene, the Bible says in Jer.4:27 that the whole land will be desolate, you said 

Gene wrote: "...the words land and earth are interchangeable." 

We agree, so, when Jeremiah wrote that he saw the whole land shall be desolate, then that means the whole earth shall be desolate.

Again, I'm assuming our definition of desolate is the same, the main thing being that there is no life... and if there is no life on the planet earth, then that means your false WWCOG mixed with a twist of JW's theory holds no weight. 

Jer.4:27 "... The whole land [earth] shall be desolate,..."

Gene wrote: "...,the planet will not be left desolate for any time." -- "Jeremiah is not speaking of the desolation of the planet earth"

Again, I'm going with the Bible on this brother Gene... that is unless you have a different definition of desolate, and it's meaning that there is no life. 

Peace!

Reasoning,

I know that Jeremiah is the pinnacle view of what is believed, a desolated earth is necessary for your view.  But in all of the horrific events that are pointed out by those who uphold this view they fail to understand that what they see is the end of this present evil age and the beginning of a new age, one in which the will of God will be done in the earth as it is in heaven.

Isaiah 24 speaks of some these terrible events that are to occur.  JohnB has accused me of ignoring it, but he’s the one who has.

1Behold, the LORD makes the earth empty, and makes it waste, and turns it upside down, and scatters abroad its inhabitants.

Again, not every bible uses the term earth, but land. Here it says “and scatters abroad its inhabitants.”

3The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly plundered: for the LORD has spoken this word.

This is the KJV, but again not all bible say land in this verse.

The earth shall be completely laid waste, and the earth shall be utterly spoiled: for the mouth of the Lord has spoken these things.

We have a world population of about 7 billion people, if due to some act of God or man half of this number were depleted the earth would still be desolate, and more so if it was more than half; desolation does not mean annihilation.

4 The earth mourns and fades away, the world languishes and fades away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5The earth also is defiled under its inhabitants; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6Therefore has the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell in it are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The earth is not desolate, few men are left; what 1 billion, 2billion…?  and they that dwell in it are desolate. Why, because the resources are gone?

This is the bad news; the good news is at the end.

(21) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the exalted ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

Who do you propose the host of the exalted ones that are on high is? They will be punished with the kings of the earth upon the earth.

The good news is in verse (23)

23Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his elders gloriously.

Let’s see what some of the other bible rendition of the is.

Amplified

Then the moon will be confounded and the sun ashamed, when [they compare their ineffectual fire to the light of] the Lord of hosts, Who will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before His elders will show forth His glory.

Bible in Basic English

Then the moon will be veiled, and the sun put to shame; for the Lord of armies will be ruling in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before his judges he will let his glory be seen.

Darby Translation

And the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed; for Jehovah of hosts shall reign on mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients in glory.

The earth will not become desolate dark planet for a thousand years, it not biblical.

Peace 

Brother Gene, Isaiah 24 has be talking about a time before the presence of Jesus when all eyes can see Him... I think time of 7 last plagues is that time. 

Isaiah sees people in his description, but in Jeremiah's vision, he didn't see any people... So how can they have the exact vision? 

Isa. 24 Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Rev16: 8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Even though unrighteous people will be burned, there are unrighteous men left after the fourth plague... So, to your point, yes, few men are left, and who knows how many, but let's go with 1-2 billion like you suggest. My point is Isaiah has to be talking about a time just before the presence of Jesus that Jeremiah writes about, how do we know that? 

Jer. 4:25 I beheld [the earth], and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Isaiah sees people still around after inhabitants of the earth are burned, but Jeremiah is seeing the time after the coming or presence of Jesus, he's seeing the whole earth, and he sees no man or people, all the cities are broken down... What cause this brother Gene, "...  the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.".

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Since we're talking about whether or not humans will still be on earth after Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, I believe Jeremiah answers that, he saw the whole earth was desolate, he said he saw no man. 

Are you saying and believe Jeremiah sees the whole earth after the presence of the Lord, and says he sees no man on the earth, when in fact there is man on the earth? 

peace! 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by