the church music 
the music and evangelism 
the music in worship 
the team of audio and video
ours radios and tvs 
the secular music useful 
the church s position
Opinions in general

welcome every post!keep a Christian attitude,please!
maran natha
thanks
antonio  

Views: 54

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. I love congregational worship in word and song. It's a good thing. And the children can always add much.

Hi Bro&Sis! 

I have used "happy day " for my spare time and never for church!

I remember that on 70's, when the Heritage start , the GC try to stop them cos their very modern style! lololol

Let me share the thoughts of one our Brother in other similar issue as follow:

"God can use anything to bring people in, and He will too...but I think it would be incorrect to assume that just because He uses something to bring someone in, that it is something he condones or encourages.  I don't have a direct answer for your myriad of questions, but I do think in many issues of spiritual and church life, we get caught up on, "does it provide me a blessing" without thinking about how it might negatively impact someone else. 

Charles Gounod (he's French) wrote a beautiful arrangement from Bach's original 'Ave Maria'.  Now many of you probably know Gounod and Bach are considered 'classical' composers, and that Ave Maria is a popular song in Catholicism for the Virgin Mary.  As a young instrumentalist, I played this once in my church for a prelude (without words), focusing on how beautiful the music was.  However, I failed to take into account what the song was about (even though I wasn't singing the words), and how it might affect others.  I found out later, that several newer Adventist Christians were conflicted that day as they heard a song about Mary, that reminded them of a faith and system of beliefs they had given up to follow Jesus and His truth.  The came to this new faith on a strong conviction and they believed that there should be no compromise, yet they were hearing the music to a song which amplifies the theology of Catholicism, which is contradictory to Biblical teachings.  Never again have I made this same specific mistake. 

A gentleman I study with, who was released from prison not so long ago after some decades of serving time, found Jesus in prison, and more so was baptized a few months ago.  He once said to me, it was hard for him to go to certain churches when the music reminded him of his past life, just with different words. 

I try to regularly remind myself as a praise team leader and musician that no matter what words I (or another) have replaced or are omitting altogether, music affects people, and my haste or personal preferences can affect others negatively, no different than my poor choice of words might be in a casual conversation. 

I suggest we remember that the words alone don't make it 'God' worthy...and while in most cases I would not go so far as to say that certain music is 'bad' or 'evil' or 'sinful', I would say that it's negative affects on others should be reason for us to consider finding something else that is worshipful and enjoyable to share in."

Blessings, 

I believe this to be an extremely important topic, music. I don't know if any of you have ever seen or heard it, but I've posted up a series of 9 videos on my page which focuses on music and the entertainment industry in general. The name of the Pastor is Ivor Myers, a Seventh-day Adventist Pastor. Everything he says is backed by Scripture. I recommend watching  them. God bless.

Carlos

Oh and by the way... It's titled "Escape from the Black Hole."

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com