Adventist Online

I was doing a study to write a outline of the foundational pillars of Adventism. Everyone seems to have a personal view of what they entail but limited support for it. What SOP or writings in church periodicals has everyone on this important issue as I have the following pillars.....

The investigative judgment
The sanctuary service
The perpetuity of the Law of God
The faith of Jesus
The Three Angels' Messages
The seventh-day Sabbath
The state of the dead
The special gift of prophecy (or the Testimony of Jesus).

Views: 1555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Gene, as usual, you isolate some texts to promote your own view. It's good that you do read the Bible, but we are supposed to rightly divide the word of God. As Peter says 2Peter 1:20  knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture came into being of its own private interpretation.  NKJV

Gene, I refer you to this post if you have not seen it.

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/the-pillars-of-adventis...

The one towards the end of the page the Large one with the Fundamental as a heading 

Gene

Both the Father and his Son share the same spirit. He is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ also.

So Jesus is the literal Son of God but He shares the Same Spirit with the Father who created or begot Him? Does this makes sense to you? 

Jason,

First of all, Jesus is not a created being; he was God and with God in the beginning. He became the Son of God by virtue of the resurrection.

Revelation 1:6

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood,

There is one Spirit…one Lord, …. one God and Father of all. Jesus and the Father is of the same mind. Jesus explained this.

John 5:19

So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.

John 5:30

I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 6:38

For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me.

Yes Jason it makes perfect sense. I don't get where your coming from

Adam and Eve sinned, which brought death to mankind, so only a man, a fully human could be the propitiation or payment sacrifice for mankind. God cannot be killed, and Jesus the Messiah is not God, but the Son of God. The Son cannot be God, nor God could ever be the Son. No one can be their Father nor can a Father be his own son. This defies logic, which the Trinity doctrine is the defiance of logic, but we are told we are supposed to take it on faith, even though no one really understands it?

This Trinity confusion is totally unbiblical, and no Hebrew, early Christian church believer or doctrine of this type is found in either Jewdaism, primitive Christianity nor in the Church Epistles. Historically it crept into the church gradually and corrupted Christianity. It is a false doctrine.

Well said James. The bible tells us

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

Philippians 2:6 tells us that the Word became humanity, no longer with GOD and no longer God.

…6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.…

Jesus the man became the Son by what he accomplished on the cross, therefore he was exalted to the Sonship by God

5So also Christ did not take upon Himself the glory of becoming a high priest, but He was called by the One who said to Him: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.”

If Jesus would have failed, God would not have become the Father and Jesus would not have been the Son, but today; the day when he was resurrected by the power of God the Holy Spirit, he became the Son and was exalted to God right hand.

Gene Those texts tells me that Jesus was the same as God in the beginning but gave that away and became a man (second Adam) Jesus did not fail because if he had the universe would not exist. 

James did you ever read these texts:

Php 2:6  who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, 
Php 2:7  but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. 
Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 

Seems to me, your normal way of doing Bible study seems to take one text in isolation and come up with doctrine, not in keeping with the rest of the Bible

Amen James well said!!

In reference to the  'old landmarks' and 'concerning the sanctuary or concerning the personality of God or of Christ' 
Those who seek to remove the old landmarks are not holding fast; they are not remembering how they have received and heard. Those who try to bring in theories that would remove the pillars of our faith concerning the sanctuary or concerning the personality of God or of Christ are working as blind men. They are seeking to bring in uncertainties, and to set the people of God adrift, without an anchor
If the theories that Brother Ballenger presents were received, they would lead many to depart from the faith. They would counterwork the truths upon which the people of God have stood for the past fifty years. I am bidden to say in the name of the Lord that Elder Ballenger is following a false light. The Lord has not given him the message that he is bearing regarding the sanctuary service.
Our Instructor spoke words to Brother Ballenger: “You are bringing in confusion and perplexity by your interpretations of the Scriptures. You think that you have been given new light, but your light will become darkness to those who receive it.... Those who receive your interpretation of Scripture regarding the sanctuary service are receiving error and following in false paths. The enemy will work the minds of those who are eager for something new, preparing them to receive false theories and false expositions of the Scriptures.— 
In clear, plain language I am to say to those in attendance at this conference [the General Conference of 1905] that Brother Ballenger has been allowing his mind to receive and believe specious error.... God has not indited the message that he is bearing. This message, if accepted, would undermine the pillars of our faith.Manuscript 62, 1905, 1, 2. (“A Warning Against False Theories,” Talk, May 24, 1905.) {8MR 244.3}
The truths given us after the passing of the time in 1844 are just as certain and unchangeable as when the Lord gave them to us in answer to our urgent prayers.—Letter 50, 1906, p. 1. (To W. W. Simpson, January 30, 1906.) {8MR 245.1}
I have been surprised and made sad to read some of your articles in the “Medical Missionary,” and especially those on the Sanctuary question. These articles show that you have been departing from the faith. You have helped in confusing the understanding of our people. The correct understanding of the ministration in the heavenly sanctuary, is the foundation of our faith.Letter 208, 1906, p. 2. (To G. C. Tenney, June 29, 1906.) {8MR 245.2}
what's the issue? 
"The correct understanding of the ministration in the heavenly sanctuary, is the foundation of our faith." 
She has no issue with the personality of the Father, Son or Holy Spirit. 
Don't let others confuse you Malachi 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by