Adventist Online

I was doing a study to write a outline of the foundational pillars of Adventism. Everyone seems to have a personal view of what they entail but limited support for it. What SOP or writings in church periodicals has everyone on this important issue as I have the following pillars.....

The investigative judgment
The sanctuary service
The perpetuity of the Law of God
The faith of Jesus
The Three Angels' Messages
The seventh-day Sabbath
The state of the dead
The special gift of prophecy (or the Testimony of Jesus).

Views: 1872

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James said, "Please address the 34 reasons why the holy spirit is not a separate person pdf document."

This post is off-topic. If you want to discuss the personality of the Holy Spirit then please respond in one of the appropriate threads. The subject of this thread is "The Pillars of Adventism" and is a discussion about what those pillars are, not about individual beliefs.

This is the fourth time in this thread asking you to not make off-topic posts and to comply with the rules of this site.

JohnB: using the excuse that it is off topic avoids the truths and questions raised. How convenient as a tactic. This is typical deceitful behavior when one has no valid answers. You indeed practice a form of sophistry by silencing the discussion with no need of invalid arguments.

This is similar to the democrats and social media giants who shut off debate and freedom of speech by yelling and screaming or censorship. You have attempted to silence me from the beginning and attacked my character from the beginning upon entering the site.

All while you display the all seeing eye Satanic symbol and refused to confess Publicly that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came in the flesh. You failed the test the holy spirit revealed to John about the spirit of antichrist.

Several SDA believers understand and agree with me regarding your display and failing the test of who is of Christ as well as the SDA logo issue.

I John 4:1 “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, where of ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”

If you are not antichrist, then confess publicly here that Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

The above indications along with the upside down cross Logo of the SDA proves infiltration of the SDA, as all denominations and most non-denominations have been infiltrated. Furthermore, the spirit of apostasy in denying the holy spirit falling away is rampant in the churches. The Kundalini spirit manifestations being operated in many churches while the true decent and in order but spirit filled type fellowship with the holy spirit operated according to scripture and in love is seldom seen or even desired by most people. The false trinity doctrine has corrupted Christianity and destroyed its purity and power. You attack like a Pharisee. By all indications so far you are working for the all seeing eye one world Satanic government. Any Christian once informed of the symbolism of the one all seeing eye would change his picture as not wanting even the appearance of evil to be manifest.

I know who you are as the facts speak for themselves. Prove me wrong and confess that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came in the flesh. I really hope I am wrong for your sake, but you fit the characteristics si far?

The above post breaks 11 of the 14 site rules.

In the time taken to write a lengthy, abusive, personal attack as a response to a simple request for you to help keep this site organised you could have easily posted a response in the appropriate thread.

It is sad that after so many years of being asked you still refuse to respect the rules of this site and continue to make ad hominem attacks on other posters. It is solely your choice how you behave on this site but your refusal to abide by the rules and attacks on others is a reflection of the spirit you follow.

Is the faith of Jesus one and the same as The SOPHIA according to the scripturea. 

I am cognizant of the 7's

1. Sabbath

2. Sanctuary

3. Salvation 

4. Spipit of Prophecy 

5. Second coming

6. . Stewardship 

7. . State of the Dead

Is the faith of Jesus one and the same as The Faith of Jesus according to the scripturea. 

I am cognizant of the 7's

1. Sabbath

2. Sanctuary

3. Salvation 

4. Spipit of Prophecy 

5. Second coming

6. . Stewardship 

7. . State of the Dead

Here is a good site to check out...

The Sanctuary

The atonement of Jesus in the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary is the basis of Seventh-day Adventism. The 1844 disappointment was due to a misunderstanding of what the sanctuary of Daniel 8:14 was and of the event that was to begin October 22, 1844. As bitter as that disappointment was, the understanding of the truth of the heavenly sanctuary and of Christ’s ministry was joyous to the believers who refused to concede that God’s hand had been in the movement. Writing of the importance of the 1844 atonement in heaven, Ellen White noted:

The scripture which above all others had been both the foundation and the central pillar of the advent faith was the declaration:  “Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.” Daniel 8:14. (The Great Controversy, p. 409; all emphasis supplied unless otherwise noted)

This famous statement tells us plainly that the sanctuary teaching is the central pillar of our faith. That certainly makes it very important. In fact, David says, “Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God” (Psalm 77:13)? God’s way, his character, and his righteousness are revealed in the sanctuary, even by the judgment which takes place there.

The judgment of the dead began in 1844 in the heavenly sanctuary. According to Revelation 14:7, we have been living in the time of the judgment since 1844. The Apostle Paul spoke of a “judgment to come” (Acts 24:25, future tense), but we speak of a judgment that has come (past tense). Paul also, quoting from Psalm 9:8, noted that God had “appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained” (Acts 17:31). God appointed 1844 for the time of the judgment to begin, and Jesus Christ is “that man” who will judge.

The heavenly sanctuary is the setting for a great portion of the Revelation and also for the judgment scene of Daniel 7.

An Expanded List of Pillars

As we continue our study, we come to a famous statement in Counsel to Writers and Editors about the pillars of our faith:

The passing of the time in 1844 was a period of great events, opening to our astonished eyes the cleansing of the sanctuary transpiring in heaven, and having decided relation to God’s people upon the earth, [also] the first and second angels’ messages and the third, unfurling the banner on which was inscribed, “The commandments of God and the faith of Jesus [including Righteousness by Faith].” One of the landmarks under this message was the temple of God, seen by His truth-loving people in heaven, and the ark containing the law of God. The light of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment flashed its strong rays in the pathway of the transgressors of God’s law. The nonimmortality of the wicked is an old landmark. (Counsels to Writers and Editors, pp. 30, 31)

In this reference Ellen White mentions the sanctuary (as she also does in The Great Controversy quotation above); the three angels’ messages; the law of God, including the Sabbath of the fourth commandment; the faith of Jesus; and the non-immortality of the wicked. To this list we can add at least two other doctrines, the first of which is revealed in this statement:

Those who seek to remove the old landmarks are not holding fast; they are not remembering how they have received and heard. Those who try to bring in theories that would remove the pillars of our faith concerning the sanctuary or concerning the personality of God or of Christ, are working as blind men. They are seeking to bring in uncertainties and to set the people of God adrift without an anchor. (Ye Shall Receive Power, p. 235)

This statement mentions the sanctuary, again, as a pillar of our faith, but it also mentions the personalities of God and of Christ as pillars, and it brings in the symbol of an anchor. The landmarks act as anchors to hold us in a steady position of truth so that we do not go adrift. I was once with my stepfather and my family on his pontoon boat. He asked me to drop the anchor, which I did, and I watched the rope quickly uncoil, as the anchor sank in the water. Then, to my amazement, the end of the rope also sank into the water! The lake was deeper than I had imagined, the rope shorter than I had expected, and the end of the rope was not attached to the boat! Now we were adrift and could not keep our boat in one position. Anchors hold you in the proper place, and when you lose an anchor, you are adrift.

We should consider one more statement that helps to define our pillars. Though this statement does not mention the term pillar or landmark, it introduces the anchor symbol as an equivalent to pillars and landmarks.

The only safety now is to search for the truth as revealed in the word of God, as for hid treasure. The subjects of the Sabbath, the nature of man, and the testimony of Jesus are the great and important truths to be understood; these will prove as an anchor to hold God’s people in these perilous times. (Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, p. 300)

In this statement we see the testimony of Jesus in the same category as pillars and referred to as an anchor.

Recapping the list of pillars that are mentioned by the Spirit of Prophecy, we find the following list:

• The Sanctuary
  • The Non-immortality of the Wicked
  • The Law of God, including the Sabbath
  • The Faith of Jesus
  • The Personalities of God and of Jesus
  • The Three Angels’ Messages
  • The Testimony of Jesus (The Spirit of Prophecy)

These certainly are fundamental doctrines that carry great importance not simply to Adventism, but to all Christianity, though they are not all received."

It is worth noting that the statement in regard to "the personality of God or of Christ " was first made in Manuscript 62, 1905. This was after the publication of The Desire of Ages and her various statements on the three Persons of the Godhead.

According to your words above on May 27, 2019 at 7:14am;

"This post is off-topic. If you want to discuss the personality of the Holy Spirit then please respond in one of the appropriate threads. The subject of this thread is "The Pillars of Adventism" and is a discussion about what those pillars are, not about individual beliefs."

I can not remember you ever taking any notice of any rules here, in fact, you posting here proves this very thing. 

James,

I am happy that you recognise the rules of this site should be kept - praise the Lord that you have had such a change of heart.

In regard to the post above, if you have been following this thread you will have noticed that it has been suggested that the personality of God was one of the foundational pillars (see here) and that this supposed pillar did not define the Godhead as being one of three persons.

After some discussion it was requested that evidence was provided that the personality of God was indeed one of the foundational pillars of the SDA Church.

Richard, whose topic this is, has now provided further information from Spirit of Prophecy in regard to the personality of God being a pillar of the Church. In response to his post, I have pointed out that the statement that he referenced was made in 1905 and therefore if the personality of God is to be regarded as a pillar the SoP quote should be placed in the correct historical context. It seems to me that this statement does not necessarily demonstrate that such a belief was a foundational pillar as the statement was made over 40 years after the foundation of the SDA Church and almost 10 years after a paradigm shift in SDA thinking in regard to the personality of God. Therefore it should be considered in that historical context. I would suggest that may demonstrate that the claim of the personality of God being a foundational pillar is still not proven.

I hope that this helps you to understand why my post is not IMHO off-topic whilst a demand to discuss a document stating that the Holy Spirit is not a separate Person from the Father or Jesus is completely off-topic - especially when there are other threads devoted to that topic.

I am sure that in the future we can look forward to you keeping the rules of this site as it would be the height of hypocrisy to say one thing and do another. So, I thank you for reminding me to keep my own council but I do not believe that it is irrelevant to the discussion to put sis. White's statement in historical context.

According to the trinity doctrine, all three are equal and equally God and are supposedly ‘one.’ 

Discussion about the nature and personality of the three whether to support or to refute the above should be fair game for discussion, as well as any logic, truth, scriptures and historical facts relevant, it seems to me?

Logic and truth is in short supply as far as you are concerned 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by