Adventist Online

I was doing a study to write a outline of the foundational pillars of Adventism. Everyone seems to have a personal view of what they entail but limited support for it. What SOP or writings in church periodicals has everyone on this important issue as I have the following pillars.....

The investigative judgment
The sanctuary service
The perpetuity of the Law of God
The faith of Jesus
The Three Angels' Messages
The seventh-day Sabbath
The state of the dead
The special gift of prophecy (or the Testimony of Jesus).

Views: 1748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok Elijah, but what does that mean? In one case she states

“The Holy Spirit, which proceeds from the only begotten Son of God, binds the human agent, body, soul, and spirit, to the perfect, divine-human nature of Christ.” — (Ellen G. White, Review and Herald, April 5, 1906)

The bible on the other hand says,

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me…

She also said;

The Lord has shown me that Satan was once an honored angel in heaven, next to Jesus Christ…. http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/gc/gc02.htm

So, what does that mean? If God was the Father and Jesus the Son, and if Satan was next to Jesus that would mean he was third. But she also says there are a trio of powers in heaven; Father Son and the Spirit. So, did the Spirit get a promotion after the fall?

The fact that she wrote 19400 items could say a lot about what she did or did not understand.

JohnB, the thread is about the pillars of Adventist, more directly it’s concerning how the Adventist movement were once antitrinitarians to how it has completely embraced the false Trinity teaching which in itself revolves around the nature of the Spirit which many have embraced as a person; a third person of the Godhead.

The person of the Spirit is that we should question or at least I think I should. You have faith in EG and the SOP, and I think the bible. I on the other hand, I have faith in the words of the bible which describe the Spirit as the Spirit of God.  The Spirit that is of God is not another God person, is verily God; just as you have mention it can only be the Spirit of the person.

God Spirit is God, acting on the will of God as God directs or send or projects it. God has the knowledge to do that, He can be in heave in form, yet he can be omnipresent through His Holy Spirit.

Gene said, "JohnB, the thread is about the pillars of Adventist,.."

That is correct.

Gene then went on to say, "more directly it’s concerning how the Adventist movement were once antitrinitarians to how it has completely embraced the false Trinity teaching which in itself revolves around the nature of the Spirit which many have embraced as a person; a third person of the Godhead."

No, it is not. Read the OP there is nothing written there about any of the specific pillars let alone trinity or not. Neither has any evidence been produced to define such a pillar as having ever existed. That is where you have decided to take this thread by insisting on repeating the same arguments that you have made in other threads.

This thread is about defining what the "foundational pillars of Adventism" are. M.E. Malachi suggested that there was a pillar on the nature of God, however, he has not been able to define it or give any citation that defines it.

You apparently agree with him but instead of giving a reference to this pillar or its definition you argue against whatever your concept of it is. This is just a straw man argument that you have proposed in order to demolish it.

There are plenty of threads on this forum that discuss the nature of God or the Holy Spirit and you have contributed to them, so you are aware that these threads are there. There is no need to turn this thread into a repeat of everything that has already been said in the other threads.

What it looks like is that you are just ignoring what has already been said and are pretending that no-one has made any comments previously. So we have to go through the same procedure where you make claims that are then refuted, you change your position, stop posting in that thread and then start the same arguments all over again in another thread.

This is the same tactic used by another non-SDA poster on this forum and it is not just tedious, it is rude and disrespectful to other members of this forum.

Yes Jason but he is not another person.

Jason I ain't see you prove three in the Godhead yet where you did that? only two beings in the Godhead the Father and his Son read the first chapter in PP.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

1 Timothy 2:5

For God is One, and The Mediator of God and the sons of men is One: The Son of Man, Yeshua The Messiah…

1 Corinthians 8:6

To us, ours is one God The Father, for all things are from him and we are in him, and The One LORD JEHOVAH Yeshua The Messiah, for all things are by him, and we are also in his hand.

This is the Godhead and only God the Father is God

James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift descends from above, from The Father of lights with whom there is no change nor a shadow of variation.

God the Father has the capacity, the knowledge and ability of astral projection; by His Spirit, God projects His presence, His will and His Power as He desire.  In form God is in heaven, but His presence is everywhere and acts upon God Will by His Spirit.

God acts through the Power of His Spirit.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Yeshua answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me keeps my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and we will make our lodging with him.”

How can this be? Romans 8:9

You, however, are not devoted to earthly, but to spiritual things, if the Spirit of God is really dwelling in you; whereas if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, such a one does not belong to Him.

So, it clear,

• God is One, and The Mediator of God and the sons of men is One.
  • To us, ours is one God The Father… and The One LORD JEHOVAH Yeshua The Messiah
  • As Jesus says, my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and we will make our lodging with him.”

… if the Spirit of God is really dwelling in you; whereas if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, such a one does not belong to Him.

The Godhead is God, and The Mediator of God and the sons of men is One. Two Beings. The Spirit is presence of God in every way, it is not another God Being of God Person.

From Spirit And Truth Fellowship International:

This is enough truth and proof for anyone with a sound, open mind to the truth.

Attachments:

Peace 

Gene wrote: "The Godhead is God, and The Mediator of God and the sons of men is One. Two Beings. The Spirit is presence of God in every way, it is not another God Being of God Person."

I agree with JohnB, this should be taken to a post already designated for this particular subject.  However, since it's been discussed at length on this post, then I will post here. 

Brother Gene, SDA doesn't teach the Holy Spirit is "another" God being... Every now and then you write this, and with all due respect, it's a lie!

Just so you know when you write that again, you are misunderstanding what SDA teach, and you are knowingly or unknowingly lying. I'm just saying...

I agree with the first part of your statement, The GODHEAD is GOD! 

You seem to have a problem with the Holy Spirit being a person within the GODHEAD apart from The Father and the Son. Would I be correct in assuming that Gene?

Let's put that to the side for a moment and just focus on The Father and the Son, do you believe The Father is a person, and the Son is a person within the GODHEAD? 

Let me try to illustrate, is this your view, If I could've done it another way, it would've illustrated the GODHEAD as a circle and the Father, and Son within that circle.

GODHEAD (ONE GOD)

|

The Father - (Holy Spirit)

|

The Son

You believe it's just two persons (The Father & Son) that consist of The GODHEAD? 

Do you believe it's ok to say GOD The Father, and GOD the Son? 

Two persons but still ONE GOD, do you agree with that? 

When you think of the Holy Spirit, you believe He is just from The Father, who is one of the two beings within the GODHEAD, the other being is the Son? You don't believe that the Holy Spirit is the thrid person within the GODHEAD correct? 

This is SDA view, and most of Christendom for that matter... Again,  If I could've done it another way, it would've illustrated the GODHEAD as a circle and the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit within that circle. 

GODHEAD (ONE GOD)
                                        |
                                The Father
                                        |
                                 The Son

|

The Holy Spirit

Again, Your saying The Father and Son are two persons within the GODHEAD, but The Holy Spirit is not the third person within the GODHEAD, is that correct? 

Gene wrote: "The Holy Spirit is God, it is not another person or power, it is truly and purely God. And God gives and projects Himself in the world through and by His Spirit.

Gene wrote: "The question is, what is he nature of the Holy Spirit? I believe that the Spirit itself is God, not as another God person, but the manifestation of the One God and Father. Genesis 1 for example:.."

There are things to talk about in regards to this subject, but the nature of the Holy Spirit is not one of them... I mean you can talk about whatever you want, it's your free will... But SOP warns SDA against this brother Gene... I know the writings of EGW doesn't hold the same weight for you as it does SDA, but you know we believe The Spirit of GOD inspired her to write, and she wrote that getting into discussions in regards to the nature of the Holy Spirit is a no no... 

EGW : "The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden."AA p. 52

But declaring that the Holy Spirit is a person within the GODHEAD is fine...  The Father is a person within the fullness of the GODHEAD, the Son is a person within the fullness of the GODHEAD, and the Holy Spirit is a person within the fullness of the GODHEAD.

It might be from my passion in always trying to find agreement, but I actually think you might be in agreement with what SDA teach, but I think you inquiring about the nature of the Holy Spirit has clouded your vision in order to see the agreement. Check it out..

Gene wrote: "The person of the Holy Spirit is that of God, because the Spirit is God. This is exactly what Romans. 8:11 is telling us."

See, you believe the Holy Spirit is a person, and that He is GOD... Well, that is what SDA believe and teach. Just like we believe Jesus is a person, and He is GOD with us (Matt. 1:23). The two (Jesus & The Holy Spirit) are persons within the fullness of the GODHEAD. 

Blessings!

Hi Reasoning,

Jesus was exalted to the right hand of God on the throne (Mark16:19); where does the Holy Spirit sit?

The quote by EGW seems to be a contradiction. If The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery, how can she say the Holy Spirit is a person or that there is a Trio of powers in heaven; why wouldn’t she just say it’s a mystery?

The fact is, God by His Own authority has told us the nature of it by its name, (The, Holy Spirit) (The Spirit of God). Of course, we cannot fully comprehend that God has a Spirit as it is Holy and is the Spirit of God.

Is your spirit in you another you, or is it the invisible quality and essences of the one you?

Job 32: says

But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty, that giveth them understanding.

God through His Spirit speaks to our human spirit; God always act by His Spirit.

God is One and the Spirit of God is One with God and of God.

To us, ours is one God The Father, for all things are from him and we are in him, and The One LORD JEHOVAH Yeshua The Messiah, for all things are by him, and we are also in his hand.

Gene, you need to understand that we were created in the Image of God you seem to think that God is the Image of us.

Elijah,

You almost got it; we are created in the image of God, and what is that image? Job 32:8 says

But there is a spirit in a man….

God has a Spirit in Him also; the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit.

For who among men knows the thoughts of man except his own spirit within him? So too, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

You need to think some more on this Gene. Take the example of the Golden Statue that King Necubnedzar made the SOP tells us that an image will be set up in the last days and compares the Golden statue with the Image that is Sunday. The Images have some similarity but they also have differences, do they not? So how you can compare the Image of God with us I fail to understand?  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service