Adventist Online

I was doing a study to write a outline of the foundational pillars of Adventism. Everyone seems to have a personal view of what they entail but limited support for it. What SOP or writings in church periodicals has everyone on this important issue as I have the following pillars.....

The investigative judgment
The sanctuary service
The perpetuity of the Law of God
The faith of Jesus
The Three Angels' Messages
The seventh-day Sabbath
The state of the dead
The special gift of prophecy (or the Testimony of Jesus).

Views: 1883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

"We want the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus." (Lt- 1894,18)

We also want Jesus who is the everlasting Father

But there are three persons

Benicio Schorea quoted: "We want the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus." (Lt- 1894,18) [Letter 66, 1894 - JohnB]

It may be helpful to mention the following quote from the year before yours to put a bit of context on the above,

"The Holy Spirit is the Comforter, in Christ's name. He personifies Christ, yet is a distinct personality."

(Ms.93, 1893)

However, can you point to a pillar of faith in this regard?

"We want the Holy Spirit, which is Jesus."???

There is something that should be obviously incorrect in this statement.

The Holy Spirit is not Jesus, it is the Spirit of God. Jesus received it from the Father and poured it out.

…32God has raised this Jesus to life, to which we are all witnesses. 33Exalted, then, to the right hand of God, He has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

The fact that Jesus received it shows that he is not the possessor of it. Neither does it personifies Christ; it personifies the Father.

Jesus explains it this way;

John 15:8 This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples. 9As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Remain in My love. 10If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.…

The Father is the Source of all glory, not Jesus.  Jesus is only the reflection that we see.

John 5:19 So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does. 20The Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does. And to your amazement, He will show Him even greater works than these. 21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom He wishes.…

The Holy Spirit is God, it is not another person or power, it is truly and purely God. And God gives and projects Himself in the world through and by His Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:11 says;

Contemporary English Version

You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind.

Why? Because the Spirit is God because it is the Spirit of God.

Yes Gene, as usual, you isolate some texts to promote your own view. It's good that you do read the Bible, but we are supposed to rightly divide the word of God. As Peter says 2Peter 1:20  knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture came into being of its own private interpretation.  NKJV

Gene, I refer you to this post if you have not seen it.

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/the-pillars-of-adventis...

The one towards the end of the page the Large one with the Fundamental as a heading 

Gene

Both the Father and his Son share the same spirit. He is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ also.

So Jesus is the literal Son of God but He shares the Same Spirit with the Father who created or begot Him? Does this makes sense to you? 

Jason,

First of all, Jesus is not a created being; he was God and with God in the beginning. He became the Son of God by virtue of the resurrection.

Revelation 1:6

and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood,

There is one Spirit…one Lord, …. one God and Father of all. Jesus and the Father is of the same mind. Jesus explained this.

John 5:19

So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.

John 5:30

I can do nothing by Myself; I judge only as I hear. And My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 6:38

For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me.

Yes Jason it makes perfect sense. I don't get where your coming from

Adam and Eve sinned, which brought death to mankind, so only a man, a fully human could be the propitiation or payment sacrifice for mankind. God cannot be killed, and Jesus the Messiah is not God, but the Son of God. The Son cannot be God, nor God could ever be the Son. No one can be their Father nor can a Father be his own son. This defies logic, which the Trinity doctrine is the defiance of logic, but we are told we are supposed to take it on faith, even though no one really understands it?

This Trinity confusion is totally unbiblical, and no Hebrew, early Christian church believer or doctrine of this type is found in either Jewdaism, primitive Christianity nor in the Church Epistles. Historically it crept into the church gradually and corrupted Christianity. It is a false doctrine.

Well said James. The bible tells us

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

Philippians 2:6 tells us that the Word became humanity, no longer with GOD and no longer God.

…6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.…

Jesus the man became the Son by what he accomplished on the cross, therefore he was exalted to the Sonship by God

5So also Christ did not take upon Himself the glory of becoming a high priest, but He was called by the One who said to Him: “You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.”

If Jesus would have failed, God would not have become the Father and Jesus would not have been the Son, but today; the day when he was resurrected by the power of God the Holy Spirit, he became the Son and was exalted to God right hand.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service