Adventist Online

I was doing a study to write a outline of the foundational pillars of Adventism. Everyone seems to have a personal view of what they entail but limited support for it. What SOP or writings in church periodicals has everyone on this important issue as I have the following pillars.....

The investigative judgment
The sanctuary service
The perpetuity of the Law of God
The faith of Jesus
The Three Angels' Messages
The seventh-day Sabbath
The state of the dead
The special gift of prophecy (or the Testimony of Jesus).

Views: 1787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GENE and EVERYONE ELSE, PLEASE READ THE PDF UPLOADED HERE ABOUT THE SACRED SECRETS APPENDIX # 193, AS THE SACRED SECRETS WERE GIVEN TO PAUL THAT WAS HIDDEN SINCE THE WORLD BEGAN.

IF GOD THINKS THEY WERE SO IMPORTANT THAT THEY WERE HIDDEN UNTIL REVEALED TO PAUL, AND THAT THEY WERE GIVEN TO PAUL BY REVELATION DIRECTLY FROM JESUS CHRIST, DOES IT NOT MAKE SENSE THAT THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND?

OTHER APPENDIXES ARE ALSO MOST ENLIGHTENING.

Attachments:

Did Bullinger think the Mark of the beast was a computer chip? 

Gene said:

So, what does that mean? If God was the Father and Jesus the Son, and if Satan was next to Jesus that would mean he was third. But she also says there is a trio of powers in heaven; Father Son and the Spirit. So, did the Spirit get a promotion after the fall?

The fact that she wrote 19400 items could say a lot about what she did or did not understand.

The fact that you can not be bothered to read for yourself means you are just a lazy argumentive who does nor really knows the story and just makes foolish comments I refer you to my post earlier.

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/the-pillars-of-adventis...

April 10, 2019 at 6:59pm

And when you have read that I sugest you start on Patriaks and Prophets and continue trough the 5 wolumes of the Conflict of Ages series. 

Those who are truly SDA will hold to the pillars of the SDA faith. Those who are truly SDA will abandon the Trinitarian creed. 

The 28 FB's are a mockery of God. 

Peace 

M.E, again, if you think it's appropriate of saying things without proof then go right ahead... But instead of reasoning, your just spewing false light on what SDA teach and believe...  again, without any proof. 

M.E wrote: "Those who are truly SDA will hold to the pillars of the SDA faith. Those who are truly SDA will abandon the Trinitarian creed."

What is the trinitarian creed? and how does it differ from the understanding of the GODHEAD? 

M.E wrote: "The three persons do not identify who God is but they identify the three powers that are of His Godhead/divinity, including Himself. "

The "Three persons" or  "powers" of the GODHEAD you mention, do you believe these "persons/powers" are The Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

Blessings!

ME, If you are an SDA you were baptized into tose 28 FB's and now you are saying that they are "a mockery of God" You need to explain better than throwing out statements like that. If you have any idea about how those fundamentals were arrived at you would not say things like that. God gave us His Word and there is where the fundamentals came from not from the Pen of EGW. And they were voted in by the GC Session at various times. Do you think those people were mocking God when they were voting on those Fundamentals?  

I may have missed the pillars of the SDA church, can you please list them again?

Amen Malachi!!

Some quotes on the Personhood of the Holy Spirit According to E G White

What saith our Saviour? “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father; and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” When trials overshadow the soul, remember the words of Christ, remember that He is an unseen presence in the person of the Holy Spirit, and He will be the peace and comfort given you, manifesting to you that He is with you, the Sun of Righteousness, chasing away your darkness. “If a man love me,” Christ said, “he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” Be of good cheer; light will come, and your soul will rejoice greatly in the Lord.—Letter 124, 1897. {DG 185.2}

In describing to His disciples the office work of the Holy Spirit, Jesus sought to inspire them with the joy and hope that inspired His own heart. He rejoiced because of the abundant help He had provided for His church. The Holy Spirit was the highest of all gifts that He could solicit from His Father for the exaltation of His people. The Spirit was to be given as a regenerating agent, and without this the sacrifice of Christ would have been of no avail. The power of evil had been strengthening for centuries, and the submission of men to this satanic captivity was amazing. Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power. It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church. {DA 671.2}

Holy Spirit—We need to realize that the Holy Spirit, who is as much a person as God is a person, is walking through these grounds.—Manuscript 66, 1899 (From a talk to the students at the Avondale School.). {Ev 616.5}

The Holy Spirit is a person, for He beareth witness with our spirits that we are the children of God. When this witness is borne, it carries with it its own evidence. At such times we believe and are sure that we are the children of God.... {Ev 616.6}

The Holy Spirit has a personality, else He could not bear witness to our spirits and with our spirits that we are the children of God. He must also be a divine person, else He could not search out the secrets which lie hidden in the mind of God. “For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”—Manuscript 20, 1906. {Ev 617.1}

The Power of God in the Third Person—The prince of the power of evil can only be held in check by the power of God in the third person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit.—Special Testimonies, Series A, No. 10, p. 37. (1897). {Ev 617.2}

The Holy Spirit is a person, for He beareth witness with our spirits that we are the children of God. When this witness is borne, it carries with it its own evidence. At such times we believe and are sure that we are the children of God.... {Ev 616.6}

The Holy Spirit has a personality, else He could not bear witness to our spirits and with our spirits that we are the children of God. He must also be a divine person, else He could not search out the secrets which lie hidden in the mind of God. “For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”—Manuscript 20, 1906. {Ev 617.1}

The Power of God in the Third Person—The prince of the power of evil can only be held in check by the power of God in the third person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit.—Special Testimonies, Series A, No. 10, p. 37. (1897). {Ev 617.2}

In Co-operation With the Three Highest Powers—We are to co-operate with the three highest powers in heaven,—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost,—and these powers will work through us, making us workers together with God.—Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, p. 51. (1905). {Ev 617.3}

Evil had been accumulating for centuries and could only be restrained and resisted by the mighty power of the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power. Another spirit must be met; for the essence of evil was working in all ways, and the submission of man to this satanic captivity was amazing. {TM 392.2}

The Holy Spirit has a personality, else He could not bear witness to our spirits and with our spirits that we are the children of God. He must also be a divine person, else He could not search out the secrets which lie hidden in the mind of God. {FLB 52.3}

What does the bible say? Does it say the Spirit is a person or that it is the third person of the Godhead?

Gene, I know you do not like EGW so if you do not want to read what she says you are free to refuse. 

The Bible says the same thing but it seems you like to ignore the post I made about that. 

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/the-pillars-of-adventis...

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service