Adventist Online

When one tries to increase his knowledge by doing mental gymnastics over books without waiting upon God and looking to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, his soul is plainly in full swing. This will deplete his spiritual life. Because the fall of man was occasioned by seeking knowledge, God uses the foolishness of the cross to "destroy the wisdom of the wise.”
Watchman Nee

How many SDA's have fallen into the trap of Knowledge vs True Spiritual growth and development. Instead of seeking a relationship with Christ they seek a relationship with the rules. This is an unfulfilled Christian experience which leads to anger and frustration. It also paves the way for a judgemental nature. It is imperative for us all to wait patiently for the Guidance of the Holy Spirit both in action and wisdom. It is this path that leads to true fulfillment. Many in this world are seeking a Spiritual Connection but have are confused about method. As Christians we can follow the example of Pastor Nee, and seek the true knowledge of the cross.

Leon

Views: 658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You did a quick search of his words but you didn't take the time to slowly think and consider, or ask God if it's right, check it out with the Word.

Have you read any of E G hites books? I guess not there are 70 of them if you care to?

I have read a lot of them.

Ian

Her books are not scripture. Her words are not the path to salvation.

Leon

Leon I agree E G Whites books are  not scripture, but I dispute that you can not find salvation in those, For example "Desire of Ages" 

Words of college educated Catholic apologists and heathens is not at the top of my list for consideration. Like Elijah said do you ever read the words of Ellen White and consider them?

Bart

lol is such a harsh response. Perhaps you need a little empathy.

Leon

Leon made a great point, that seeking only knowledge people lose sight of a vital relationship with God.
Do you hear the still small voice of God? Do you get inspired by God?
Do you have a close and dynamic relationship with God? Are your prayers answered by God?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

By faith all the manifestations of God in the believer are operated, 7 manifestations in the Old Testament and 2 more added in the New Testament; speaking in tongues and its interpretation. God added them, not Lucifer. But I am not referring to the counterfeit.

Just like the treasury dept. regarding counterfeit money, agents learn to recognize the genuine bills and then the counterfeit strikes out like a sore thumb. The same is true of the Holy Spirit. When one learns to walk in the spirit and operate the seven manifestations of Holy Spirit, the counterfeit spirit sticks out like a sore thumb also.

"By faith all the manifestations of God in the believer are operated"

I have heard statements like this before in Pentecostal churches and it always bothered me. It seems disrespectful to the Holy Spirit.   It almost sounds like something Kenneth Copeland would say.   God is not a utility that someone "operates".  God is Holy and the Holy Spirit if anything operates us if we are in tune with "Him". This is why Adventists teach so much on Character development. You should check it out.  The false gospel is coming from Pentecostal types and other evangelicals.

Our example is Jesus.  Jesus never did anything of himself, he did not operate the Holy Spirit.  Jesus did his fathers will. You also seem to never know the difference between fruits and manifestations.  Manifestations can be counterfeit  that is why the Bible say to look at the fruit.

Hearing and following the substance of the word. This only comes with insight from the Holy Spirit.

Leon

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by