Adventist Online

When one tries to increase his knowledge by doing mental gymnastics over books without waiting upon God and looking to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, his soul is plainly in full swing. This will deplete his spiritual life. Because the fall of man was occasioned by seeking knowledge, God uses the foolishness of the cross to "destroy the wisdom of the wise.”
Watchman Nee

How many SDA's have fallen into the trap of Knowledge vs True Spiritual growth and development. Instead of seeking a relationship with Christ they seek a relationship with the rules. This is an unfulfilled Christian experience which leads to anger and frustration. It also paves the way for a judgemental nature. It is imperative for us all to wait patiently for the Guidance of the Holy Spirit both in action and wisdom. It is this path that leads to true fulfillment. Many in this world are seeking a Spiritual Connection but have are confused about method. As Christians we can follow the example of Pastor Nee, and seek the true knowledge of the cross.

Leon

Views: 657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James 

Goes to show how poor understanding you have of SDA Church. Most SDA knows they are not justified by the Law: 

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

ut as James says we can still not trample on God's law Including Lying. 

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

That will be the day when I take suggestions from you in what to study. 

Good day Mr. Leon,

I write to thank you for your response, and I understand your argument. There are cases where some Adventist adherents, and by extension other Christian adherents get caught up in their attempt to satisfy the letter so to speak, in their attempt to please the author of the written piece, but in so doing they negatively affect others. But it would be great to hear from fellow respondents how they find that balance. For a relationship with God is paramount, but at the same time one has to have and follow directions that will help him or her grow spiritually. 

On the other hand, let me ask you, given that as part of your argument you stated that one is born of the Spirit by a daily Spiritual relationship to understand the will of God, what does this Spiritual relationship entail, what is the will of God, and how does the two work to produce a child of the Holy Spirit?

Hello Garth

Excellent questions; I think the answer lies with the individual. The key is to continue to work on our relationship with Christ, growing incrementally. As the hymn "Come now mount of blessings," states we are prone to wander. Our sinful nature left unchecked will begin to move us away from the will of God. This can happen to anyone, including those who feel they are adherent to the law. Our way back is not submission to the law, it is submission to Christ, the maker of the laws. There may be times when my actions are inconsistent with the letter, but in Christ, they will be consistent with His will.

Leon

Good points Leon! The letter killeth. The spirit of the law is what I think you are referring to.

Jesus didn't stone the women caught in adultery, though if anyone had the authority and wisdom to do so to make such a decision, it was him. And he did make a decision. All the accusers had sexual sins themselves, and they walked away, all of them. Jesus was without sin, so he was completely pure and could judge righteously, always listening to God his Father, and obeying.

The law said stone her, yet Jesus let her go. He didn't stone her.

The Word of God is not just rules. God intent and desire is that every believer is not a robot, but a living, breathing and walking person following God through Christ, in love and power, in the fruit of the spirit and in the manifestations of holy spirit as needed. It is to be fully equipped for all situations, that is what we have spiritually when born again. But it takes time, learning and walking with God and experience to develop as a believer until one is mature, and not a babe in Christ, in the room of the unlearned.

Here we go again you are bragging about your superior understanding of God. Including the lying you do every time you put a post on here, as JohnB Has pointed out to you so many times. This habit you have to disregard Gods Law is not making a good witness of your walk with God. 

Elijah:

Your name means "my God is YAHWEH"

He is one of my favorite prophets in the Bible. He operated all 7 manifestations of holy spirit available to him in that time. Speaking in tongues and its interpretation was not available until the Day of Pentecost some 900 or so years later.

He was a great man of God, a great example. I think you should read about him again, and reconsider what Jesus and Paul said, and about faith. This should be a time of soul searching for you, if you are meek?

James a poor try to shut me down, you are a fine one to talk about meek, with your superior airs, and specializing in lying and bragging. 

Yes He is my favorite Prophet also as he stood alone on mount Carmel against Jezebel's 850 prophets. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service