Adventist Online

The apostle Paul used running a race as example of the christian life.
In 1corinthians 9:24 he challenged us not to just run but to win, saying:
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? run in such a way as to get the prize.
Not only did Paul teach this but he lived it out, in his final epistle he said:
"I have fought the good fight, I have finish the race, I have kept the faith"
2Tim.4:7. Having finish his race Paul joyfully anticipated receiving the victory
crown from the king of heaven. Like Paul run your race to win and please God. The christian's race is not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks bro 

Amen  My   Brother  ...Thanks  for the  word of encouragemt....

Yes indeed. We really are in a race. Our time is so short, and "the work of salvation is NOT child's play" (2Testimonies p101). So many people fill up their lives with petty strifes, etc., but are finally overtaken by death. The day of opportunity ends for them, and the prize is not gained.

"It is the steady purpose, the untiring effort, that will gain the victory at last. It is he who endureth to the end that shall be saved." (2T p101-102)

Like "Pilgrim" (in the story, "Pilgrim's Progress"), "[we] cannot go as fast as [we] would, by reason of this burden that is on [our backs]." As Christians we are called "to lay aside every weight [i.e. every hindrance]", so that we may run "the race that is set before us". (Heb 12:1)

Amen!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by